Date

Assigning values to virtuals in a grid

Avgerinos

Hi magicians

I 'm facing the following problem:

I have an online task with a grid displaying a table. There are 3 more columns which correspond to virtual-variables, with their contents calculated (by record) on the fly.
The calculation is based on some database statistic-processing. All 3 values are related, so I can have all 3 values in one database-stats run.

The solution I found so far to display these calculated values correctly on the grid, was to create a 3 functions, each calculating a value and assigning it to each virtual.
My problem is that since I use 3 functions, I end up executing the statistic processing 3 times (instead of 1) and this is the cause for slow grid-drawing and navigation.

Any ideas to improve?

Thanks in advance
Avgerinos

Re: Magic v4

Arie Zijlstra

I couldn't make it work yet.

After installing node.js I ran
npm install -g @angular/cli

When I choose "generate web application" it doesn't generate angular.json.

I also tried combining (merging) it with
ng new my-app
But then I only see the empty application I generated

Creating WebService using Magic XPI 4.6 #chat

A new chat has been created:

Hi, I would like to learn (basic=>expert) consuming WebService in Magic XPI 4.6

questions are:
-How to create a WebService with Magic XPI 4.6?
-How to provide a SOAP connected in database?
-How to invoke or use my created SOAP at SSJ to Magic XPA 3.3 Projects? OR Getting data from my soap that I created?
(step by step procedure will be more appreciated OR sample and simple projects!)

I'm sick of this modules that I'm reading, I'm stacked after deploying my Created WebService.
I don't know how to use them properly...

(please help!)

Thank you &
Have a NICE DAY ahead!

Sincerely,
Neil

View/Join This Chat

Re: Function return value(s)

Avgerinos

Thanks.
Same date-type, so a vector will do :-)

On 12/8/2018 7:34 μμ, Mike Bannon wrote:
Hi Avgerinos

If the required return values were all of the same data types, i.e. all alphas or all numerics, you could use a vector. Or you could pass back a character-separated string, such as "abc¬99¬xyz" and parse this in the calling programme using the StrToken function.

HTH
Mike Bannon
DataFormation Ltd., UK