From: main@magicu-l.groups.io <main@magicu-l.groups.io> On Behalf Of Andreas Sedlmeier
Sent: Thursday, August 30, 2018 5:15 AM
To: main@magicu-l.groups.io
Subject: Re: [magicu-l] JVM error on new install

Typically Magic does not crash if ActivateRequestServer=Y so thats strange. If there's no connectivity to a broker possible it would tell and start without registering with the broker. It would be interesting to know what you have in the log files (mgerror.log, mgrb.log, mgreq.log) (if anything) and in the Windows event log for the crash.

Andreas

Re: Anyone built an import program (XPA) that loads the export file created by MgUsrDmp.exe ?

Wes Hein

If you would like, I can show you my working component, it allows the end user to create new users, edit users, etc.

Wes

Re: Anyone built an import program (XPA) that loads the export file created by MgUsrDmp.exe ?

Wes Hein

Check Out the UserRightsProject.zip, might be in uniPaaS but should upgrade easily.

Wes

Re: Mertech btr2sql

Keith Canniff

Graham,

Here's a quote I got from Charles George not to long ago about their experience with Mertech:

"Our MS-SQL test with Mertech’s MS-SQL driver https://www.mertech.com/migrate-btrieve-to-sql/ did go well allowing us to keep one code base and deploy to either Btrieve or MS-SQL."

The sticky piece with this seems to be that you still get stuck with the Magic SQL cost increase, probably because you have to go to the Client/Server license rather than the desktop license. Something to check into before heading down this path.

Keith Canniff
President and CTO
IntegrateOne LLC
www.integrateone.com
678-485-8665

From: Andreas Sedlmeier <sedlmeier@...>
Date: 8/29/18 3:38 AM (GMT-05:00)
To: main@magicu-l.groups.io
Subject: Re: [magicu-l] Issue with TFS

Hi Keith,

Did you install that VS patch which was discussed recently here ? https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/visualstudio/releasenotes/vs2013-update5-vs . That contains a lot of fixes for TFS client and MSSCCI, no mater if TFS is on premise or in the cloud (as you have it asfaik).

Re: Pervasive Work Station License Error

Lado Wali

Hi Henning,

I wrote to Actian through their web portal and no one replied back yet in appx 15 hours. But Bill Bach from Goldstar Software helped me and I am able to fix my problem.

Thanks
Lado

On Wed, Aug 29, 2018 at 4:18 AM <voss@...> wrote:
Hi Lado,

write a short mail to Pervasive/Actian-Support with Servername und License-Key.
They will deactivate the old license and you will bei able to activate the license again.
My experience is that they will do it within one hour.

Henning

Re: Pervasive Work Station License Error

voss@...

Hi Lado,

write a short mail to Pervasive/Actian-Support with Servername und License-Key.
They will deactivate the old license and you will bei able to activate the license again.
My experience is that they will do it within one hour.

Henning

Re: Issue with TFS

Andreas Sedlmeier