Date

Re: Magic xpa 3.3c

Emanuel VITAN

Hello Yasin,

Have you installed the OLE DB driver 18 like advised in the release notes file, on the page#9 ?

==========================
Microsoft® SQL Server Gateway Support for TLS 1.2 Magic xpa Microsoft® SQL Server Gateway is now compatible with the latest Microsoft® OLE DB Driver 18 for SQL Server® in order to support TLS 1.2. For the MSSQL gateway to work, please download the SQL OLEDB driver. It is available at:

==================================

Hope this helps,

Best regards,

Emanuel Vitan
============================
emanuel.vitan@...

Beatus, qui prodest, quibus potest.

On Tue, Jan 15, 2019 at 2:04 PM <yasin_kaya@...> wrote:
Hi,
I have installed Magic xpa 3.3c. When I open the tables (Ctrl + G) I get the following error message; "Class not registered"
So no connection can be made to the database.
Does anyone know what the cause of this can be?

Thank you in advance!

Re: Call REST webservice in XPA 3.3

Gábor Bor

Hy Guys,

We got the solution.

The WS provider sends us the code wich they use to call their own WS with Visual studio VB. One of my colleague made from that a dotNET code, we called an invoke .NET and wait the response in an Unicode Blob and it works fine.

Best regards,
Gábor

Re: Magic xpa 3.3c

Yasin Kaya

Todd,

Select the Help menu -> About Magic xpa is:

The database client is installed.

The [MAGIC_GATEWAYS] section is:
[MAGIC_GATEWAYS]
;MGDB00=C:\xpa_033\Gateways\MGBtrieve.dll
;MGDB01=C:\xpa_033\Gateways\MGPervasiveSQL.dll
;MGDB03=C:\xpa_033\Gateways\MGMySQL.dll
;MGDB06=mgdb2400.DLL
MGDB09=C:\xpa_033\Gateways\mgSQLite.dll
;MGDB13=C:\xpa_033\Gateways\mgOracle.dll
;MGDB16=mgeac32.dll
;MGDB18=C:\xpa_033\Gateways\mgdb2.DLL
;MGDB19=C:\xpa_033\Gateways\mgodbc.dll
MGDB20=C:\xpa_033\Gateways\mgmssql.dll
MGDB21=C:\xpa_033\Gateways\mgmemory.dll
MGDB10=C:\xpa_033\Gateways\mglocal.dll

Re: YouTube video on Android app

Peter Ashworth

Hi Brenda

I'm not familiar with xpa for android, however as xpa is now generally .net back end on desktop, is it also .net back end for android?

If so, in windows if you define a browser control in a .net windows forms application it generally is an Microsoft Internet Explorer instance thats set to run in IE7 compatability mode. There are various hacks to try and force it in to IE=Edge mode (Edge in this scenario just meaning latest IE emulation rather than the Edge browser) but these are registry hacks on a PC, not sure how it would behave with android.

Actually as you mentioned the URL directly I just tried it myself. I tried IE7/8 and it was black screen. I tried IE9 and i got the thumnail with a play button.

So I'm think your issue is that the browser control is rendering in IE7/8 mode, and Youtube no longer supports that. Although that this is on android makes me not 100% sure.

In desktop applications in the past I've used various .net controls that leverage chrome instead of IE, however im not sure how that would interact with XPA, and on top of that with Android.

Hope this at least gives you a starting point

Peter

Re: Magic xpa 3.3c

Todd Baremore

Yasin,

From the Magic Studio, select the Help menu -> About Magic xpa

Also check your magic.ini file and make sure there is not a semicolon ;  in front of the gateway.

[MAGIC_GATEWAYS]
MGDB00=C:\mse\xpa_32\Gateways\MGBtrieve.dll
MGDB01=C:\mse\xpa_32\Gateways\MGPervasiveSQL.dll
MGDB03=C:\mse\xpa_32\Gateways\MGMySQL.dll
;MGDB06=mgdb2400.DLL
MGDB09=C:\mse\xpa_32\Gateways\mgSQLite.dll
;MGDB13=C:\mse\xpa_32\Gateways\mgOracle.dll
;MGDB16=mgeac32.dll
;MGDB18=C:\mse\xpa_32\Gateways\mgdb2.DLL
MGDB19=C:\mse\xpa_32\Gateways\mgodbc.dll
MGDB20=C:\mse\xpa_32\Gateways\mgmssql.dll
MGDB21=C:\mse\xpa_32\Gateways\mgmemory.dll
MGDB10=C:\mse\xpa_32\Gateways\mglocal.dll

Todd
On 1/15/2019 9:31 AM, yasin_kaya@... wrote:

Todd,

I am using Microsoft SQL Server Web (64-bit) on Windows Server 2019 Standard (10.0)
During installation I checked all gateways.
Where can I see if the gateway is loaded?

Re: Magic xpa 3.3c

Yasin Kaya

Todd,

I am using Microsoft SQL Server Web (64-bit) on Windows Server 2019 Standard (10.0)
During installation I checked all gateways.
Where can I see if the gateway is loaded?

Re: Chinese Language Translation

Andy Jerison

I don't speak Chinese and certainly can't read it, but I'm pretty sure I can distinguish the two versions of Chinese idiograms. The ones in your text file are clearly Simplified Chinese, and the ones you're getting are Traditional Chinese.

I don't know whether this helps, but it may be useful for troubleshooting.

Andy

On Tue, Jan 15, 2019 at 7:15 AM Steven Burrows <steven.burrows@...> wrote:

We are experienced in running our application in other European languages in a pretty simplistic way. Just mls_bld the file text file, and let windows sort it out. Never needed Code Pages, MGConst, extra Fonts or special Collation files, users have never raised it as an issue.

Now we want a Demo in Chinese (Simplified), but cant get mls_bld.exe to provide the correct translation

English in Text File : “Primary”

Translated by user in Text file : “主要的 (Google translates this back as “Main”, so it is close)

After mls_bld.exe (and on screen in XPA) : “銝餉(Google translates this back as “Dusk” so is wrong)

This is with Code page 950. We have tried all sorts of code pages but none of them are any better. Are there any secrets to getting a Chinese Language Translation ?

Steven Burrows

YouTube video on Android app

Brenda Bullorini

Hi everyone!

I'm trying to show a YouTube video on an xpa 3.3 android app.
Since I can't use java to achieve this,
has anyone managed to do this? because video doesn't show although I can hear the audio
This is what I've tried so far:

1) Put a browser control on the form and set the url directly. Video shows black screen and audio sounds ok.
2) Send an html file to client and open it within the browser control. Doesn't show black screen but it doesn't show the video neither ("neither" or "either"??? that always get me confuse)
This is the html:

Re: Magic xpa 3.3c

Todd Baremore

Yasin,

Which database are you using? Is the database client installed? Is the gateway for the database loaded?
Todd
On 1/15/2019 7:41 AM, yasin_kaya@... wrote:

Hi,
I have installed Magic xpa 3.3c. When I open the tables (Ctrl + G) I get the following error message; "Class not registered"
So no connection can be made to the database.
Does anyone know what the cause of this can be?

Thank you in advance!

Magic xpa 3.3c

Yasin Kaya

Hi,
I have installed Magic xpa 3.3c. When I open the tables (Ctrl + G) I get the following error message; "Class not registered"
So no connection can be made to the database.
Does anyone know what the cause of this can be?

Thank you in advance!

Re: Chinese Language Translation

Steven Burrows

Annoyingly, if we use an old mls_bld.exe dated 2013 (for Magic 8), we get the correct translations, but causes an Out of Memory error in XPA.

Steven Burrows

[...]

Re: Duplicate Index message on Link Write

Roman Goldenberg

Hi André,
do you insert string values as part of index?
if yes check uppercase, lowercase, capital characters..

Re: Call remote

Steven Blank

Arch,

WAG: Instead of a variable defined in the Main Program, switch to a shared value.

SharedValSet()
SharedValGet()

Steve Blank

On 1/14/2019 11:09 AM, Arch wrote:
This seems a little convoluted, but bear with me the result is worth the effort.

In my applications, there is a Global Event named "RptPrgms" that receives a "Public Name." From  each application's menu, the user can execute a component program named "Reports."

The component's "Reports" program displays a list and picture of the available reports from a table. When the user selects one, the "execute" event raises the "RptPrgms" event passing the selected Public Name back to the application. The report program in the application runs and all is well. Except...

Back in the application, the called report program executes a Main Program function in its TP that updates a Main Program variable, "$Title," with the report program's name from the Repository. When run directly from the application the variable is updated correctly. However, when called from the component, this variable is not updated.

What can I do to ensure that the "$Title" variable is updated?

Thanks for reading all this...

Arch Lineberger
203 N Main St
Belmont, NC 28012
704.461.1223

Call remote

Arch <Arch.Lineberger@...>

[...]

Re: foreground specify

Frederik Soete

Hi Friedrich.

I have looked into some Win32 function descriptions, assuming you need to distinguish the active window by executable's name. Perhaps these DLL functions would do the trick. I have not tested steps 2...5 within Magic, but have in fact used step 1 to know whether magic is focused or not. YMMV.

1) Win32 API function "GetForegroundWindow" returns the handle of the currently active window. See URL: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/desktop/api/winuser/nf-winuser-getforegroundwindow

2) With that handle you can retrieve the process id via "GetWindowThreadProcessId". See URL: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/desktop/api/winuser/nf-winuser-getwindowthreadprocessid

3) With that process id you can get a process handle via "OpenProcess". (That handle will need to be released afterwards.) See URL: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/desktop/api/processthreadsapi/nf-processthreadsapi-openprocess

4) With that process handle you can retrieve the executable's path via"GetProcessImageFilenameA". See URL: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/desktop/api/psapi/nf-psapi-getprocessimagefilenamea

5) Afterwards the handle must be released, as mentioned in URL in step 3.

Hope this helps,

Frederik Soete

Op ma 14 jan. 2019 11:20 schreef Friedrich <f@...:

problem
if several programs are open (magic, word, excel ....)
how can I specify with magic which program window
in the foreground is open

friedrich

foreground specify

Friedrich

problem
if several programs are open (magic, word, excel ....)
how can I specify with magic which program window
in the foreground is open

friedrich

Re: Connect XPA3 with a Python websocket-client

Avgerinos

Thanks Andreas

This python web-socket client is given to me as is, so only I need some way to communicate the responses back to Magic.
Considering the options you mentioned, porting the python-client to .NET, and using this new client to XPA seems an interesting solution also.

Best regards
Avgerinos

On 11/1/2019 11:04 π.μ., Andreas Sedlmeier wrote:
Hi Averignos,

You dont tell much about what you going to implement with Python, so its a bit hard to recommend a good approach for the integration of that in Xpa ...

Basically you cannot use Python code / objects. There is no language bindings, only for Java and .NET Magic Xpa has, so if you need to do more than simply calling a python script and you sure do, because wesbsockets basically is bi-directional, asynchronous, communication over tcp sockets ... you need to "wrap" your interface in Java/.NET or implement any othe IPC mechanism. I would go for Message Queues, or you add a API layer to your Python client so that it can act as a server for your Xpa stuff, ...

_._

Re: Connect XPA3 with a Python websocket-client

Andreas Sedlmeier

Hi Averignos,

You dont tell much about what you going to implement with Python, so its a bit hard to recommend a good approach for the integration of that in Xpa ...

Basically you cannot use Python code / objects. There is no language bindings, only for Java and .NET Magic Xpa has, so if you need to do more than simply calling a python script and you sure do, because wesbsockets basically is bi-directional, asynchronous, communication over tcp sockets ... you need to "wrap" your interface in Java/.NET or implement any othe IPC mechanism. I would go for Message Queues, or you add a API layer to your Python client so that it can act as a server for your Xpa stuff, ...

Pervasive 11 and MS Entity Framework

Idris

Greetings...

Anybody here use Entity Framework with Pervasive 11?  Any nuances on the setup?

Thank you

Idris

6541 - 6560 of 195966