Date

Re: Repository structure in Magic Xpa / Unipaas #tools #mgpivot

Roberto Gauer

On Sun, Feb 17, 2019 at 10:02 PM Roberto Gauer <gawarez@...> wrote:
There was some recently change, now from visualstudio.com to:

On Sun, Feb 17, 2019 at 9:57 PM Keith Canniff <kcanniff@...> wrote:

Becky,

As Andreas mentioned, TFS is free for 5 users or less. I’ve used the cloud solution (visualstudio.com) for 5 years now without an issue. You just have to use an older version of Team Explorer and the MSSCCI connector which have been documented on the group.

Going this route there are no conflict issues. Magic works just the way its expected. Everything is done within Magic (no check in/check out outside of Magic) so it’s seamless.

Certainly, if you have more than 5 developers then you’re correct it can get expensive.

As for Git, it works great for other languages other than Magic. I’m still waiting on a reply from MSE for better doc on how to use Git properly with XPA. Once I get that I’ll share it on with the group.

Keith