Date

Re: Cannot Open RIA app via ClickOnce on some client's PC, Issue with Windows 10 1903 Windows Defender. #xpa #ria

Darren

Hi Tim,

Thanks for the information. Will take a look at the user's PC again and double check this.

-----------------------

hi unipaas_programmer

How did you exclude the process option? can you show a screenshot?

Re: Cannot Open RIA app via ClickOnce on some client's PC, Issue with Windows 10 1903 Windows Defender. #xpa #ria

unipaas_programmer@...

We had the exact same issue as well, we tried different things with the exclusion of the folder, file etc. and did not work, only workaround was to use the exclude process option and use the full path to the client RIA executable:
c:\users\username\AppData\Local\Apps\2.0\obfuscatedfoldername\obfuscatedfoldername\appname\mgxpaRia.exe

Now, if only we can actually define where our application would be installed on the client machine that would be great, instead of having to update each machine manually.

Re: Special characters - How to handle them in an existing ANSI project ?

Peter Ashworth

Unicode looks to be what we are after, I knew there was something in that area I had lost as I thought there was meant to be utf8 in the charset drop down but it was missing.

Thanks both for your comments.

Peter

Re: Batch Task sometimes does not completely finish

Wynand Stöckel

You don't say which Magic version.

But let the Magic red debugger log run, and see if an error is logged there. That log has revealed much over time.