Van: main@magicu-l.groups.io <main@magicu-l.groups.io> namens Undix InformatieSystemen <undix76@...>
Verzonden: dinsdag 24 september 2019 18:40
Aan: main@magicu-l.groups.io <main@magicu-l.groups.io>
Onderwerp: Re: [magicu-l] Magic 8.3 document file

I have received from Alan some document files. The strange thing is : it works at some of my applications but not with all. I have also used the doc_std.eng (the standard document file), but also no output and the application shuts down. I have exported and imported one of those applications : no problems at all, but the document-file gives still no output. Somebody can told me what can be the cause ? I am converting 8.3 to up and also want to merge 3 applications together, so I need a dictionary list. Yes, I know I can create this by screen-prints but that cost a lot of time. Teun.

Virusvrij. www.avast.com

Re: Sorting with NULLs

Avgerinos

Thanks to both Sherman & Andreas :-)

On 23/9/2019 7:02 μ.μ., Andreas Sedlmeier wrote:
On Mon, Sep 23, 2019 at 03:19 PM, sherman levine wrote:
Create a numeric virtual beneath your column and init to
if(isnull(column),0,column)
That will put the nulls with the zero.
or if(isnull(column),'2',column)
which will put the nulls at the bottom
Thats basically the way to do this, only that you should evaluate this on server side, resp. with SQL. Otherwise you run into quite some performance issues when there's lots of records in the table.

Most important it would be of course to know what the DBMS actually is.

Standard SQL also allows to specify where to sort NULL values in ORDER BY clause:
order by col asc nulls first
order by col asc nulls last

Also a CASE is possible there:
select * from orders
  order by (case DateDelivery IS NULL THEN 1 ELSE 0 ENS), DateDelivery

Magic XPA 4.5 Web Client - Single User Edition

Lado Wali

Hi Group,

Is single user edition available for web client v4.5? If yes, is it good to learn web client on single user edition?

Thanks
Lado

Re: Magic 8.3 document file

Andreas Sedlmeier

Hi Undix,

Magic 8.3 had a control file api, a simple C API/SDK which allowed you to query basically everything.
I made quite extensive use of that DLL ^^. Here's an old message https://magicu-l.groups.io/g/main/message/51637?p=,,,20,0,0,0::Created,,Magic+control+file+API,20,2,20,3883404

I think that the sample project which was part of that SDK did cover what you need or can be changed to prodcue what you want by changing a few line of source code.
I am however pretty sure that I wont find any MGAPI.DLL code anymore. You were a young at that time ^^

Re: Magic 8.3 document file

sherman levine

As I recall there was an incompatibility between Get.dll and the document export. Are you by any chance loading Get in the problem applications

Regardless, if you want to merge the applications, why not export (not Export Document) one application with ISNs and then import it into another.  Why do you want to print the table structure in the first place?

On 09/24/2019 12:40 PM, Undix InformatieSystemen wrote:
I have received from Alan some document files. The strange thing is : it works at some of my applications but not with all. I have also used the doc_std.eng (the standard document file), but also no output and the application shuts down. I have exported and imported one of those applications : no problems at all, but the document-file gives still no output. Somebody can told me what can be the cause ? I am converting 8.3 to up and also want to merge 3 applications together, so I need a dictionary list. Yes, I know I can create this by screen-prints but that cost a lot of time. Teun.

Re: Magic 8.3 document file

Undix InformatieSystemen

I have received from Alan some document files. The strange thing is : it works at some of my applications but not with all. I have also used the doc_std.eng (the standard document file), but also no output and the application shuts down. I have exported and imported one of those applications : no problems at all, but the document-file gives still no output. Somebody can told me what can be the cause ? I am converting 8.3 to up and also want to merge 3 applications together, so I need a dictionary list. Yes, I know I can create this by screen-prints but that cost a lot of time. Teun.

Re: Newbie Runtime Help

Glenroy M. Skelton

Oh ok.

Thank you Danica

Re: Newbie Runtime Help

Danica Majernikova

You have to install Studio, Runtime is included, connect it to the runtime license. There is no option just for Runtime installation

I'm using the Magic XPA Single User 3.3. I need to install the runtime at a client location for my very first app. I'm not sure how to do this. The magic installation that I downloaded doesn't allow me to choose just the runtime portion and I'm having a difficult time finding any document that speaks to this specifically.

Please advise as I've never done this before.

Newbie Runtime Help

Glenroy M. Skelton

Hi guys,

I'm using the Magic XPA Single User 3.3. I need to install the runtime at a client location for my very first app. I'm not sure how to do this. The magic installation that I downloaded doesn't allow me to choose just the runtime portion and I'm having a difficult time finding any document that speaks to this specifically.

Please advise as I've never done this before.

Thanks

Re: Magic XPA 3.3 RIA problem #xpa #ria

Todd Baremore

Viktor,

My Android RIA app is almost entirely offline programs so I have not encountered exactly what you are experiencing.   I'm wondering if the "Do you wish to retry connecting?" message is coming from the Android OS.

You may want to try loading records locally in a batch task before allowing the user to work with the data.  When the user saves the data or closes the window, you can save the changes to the working tables in the server.  Before reading or writing data to the server, check that you have a server connection.  To test server access, I have a batch program (end task after updating record)  that tries to open a table on the server.

MSE recommends that the Start Program be Offline.

Todd
On 9/24/2019 5:30 AM, lehoczki.viktor via Groups.Io wrote:

Dear Todd Barmore,

Thanks for your comment!
Yes, I've tried.
I've made several more tests.
[MAGIC_RIA]
HttpRequestTimeout=70
Works more or less. Sometimes when wifi signal lost I got Server Unavailable in 2 seconds. Sometimes it works as expected so the program hangs the cursor shape changes and when I have wifi signal again the program continues. Sometimes the program hangs, cursor shape changes but after 7 seconds no  "Do you wish to retry connecting?" message appear.
So, I don't know to force the application to behave always the same way. When signal lost wait for 7 seconds then when signal is back continue if signal is lost drop an error message "Do you wish to retry connecting?". So only the error message appearance should be delayed for a while to give a chance to the user go back near the wifi.

Re: Magic 8.3 document file

Alan Brookes <alanjbrookes@...>

Replied privately.

Regards,

Alan

On 24-09-2019 13:15, Undix InformatieSystemen wrote:
Hello,
In the past I had made a document file to print the file- and program-dictionary for Magic8.3 applications, but I can't find it anymore. I have tried
to make a new one, but my knowledge has gone (I think) because of my age (72?). Who can help me to create such a document file while the standard
DOC_STD.ENG gives too much informaton : I only need the dictionary listing. TIA. Greetings from Holland, Teun van Unen (undix76@...
<mailto:undix76@...>).

Re: Magic 8.3 document file

Govert Schipper

Something like this?

#section File_table
H +-#-+----------- Name -------------+Col+Idx+Size+-------- DB table --------+--- Database ---+Cache+

D |%idx,3%|%File_Name,30%|%Fld_cnt,3%|%Key_cnt,3%|%Size,4%|%File_Path,26%|%File_Db,16%|%CACHE_STRG,5%
#End File_table