Date

Re: Magic XPA 3.3 RIA deployment problem #xpa #ria

Andreas Sedlmeier

On Wed, Nov 13, 2019 at 11:13 AM, Tim Downie wrote:
We just build the apk twice into two different published folders using the interface builder....you end up with two apks in two different virtual iis folders with two different sets of properties defined in the properties.txt file inside the published foler.
Ok, thanks for clarification, then it's clear. You in fact use the interface builder twice to create two different apks. "Publish apk twice" did sound to me as if you would use one apk for different environments.

Actually, in order to support as many environments as you want, you do not need to use the interface builder more then once because you can also start the build after replacing the configuration files or even change the configuration of the generated apk. At the end its a Java jar respectively a zipfile and actually it's a good idea to do it like that because then you can factor out errors during "interface building" and what you depoloy to production is actually what you did use in dev/test too.

Re: Magic XPA 3.3 RIA deployment problem #xpa #ria

Tim Downie

We just build the apk twice into two different published folders using the interface builder....you end up with two apks in two different virtual iis folders with two different sets of properties defined in the properties.txt file inside the published foler.
From: main@magicu-l.groups.io <main@magicu-l.groups.io> on behalf of Andreas Sedlmeier <sedlmeier@...>
Sent: Wednesday, 13 November 2019 8:15:46 AM
To: main@magicu-l.groups.io <main@magicu-l.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [magicu-l] Magic XPA 3.3 RIA deployment problem #xpa #ria

[Edited Message Follows]

On Tue, Nov 12, 2019 at 07:48 PM, Tim Downie wrote:
The only way i see right now is publish apk twice. Or as mamy times as you need - we do this for all our mobile apps - one for dev one for prod. This i dont see really as much of an issue
And how do you actually do this ? The configuration file contains information about the backend and that gets compiled into the apk during build process. So either you work with different application properties (which is in terms of Magic Interface Builder) different applications or you replace the configuration file before build - or after build in the apk, If you dont do and you initially specified your production environment as backend your dev apk will access production and vice versa. Do I miss something here ?? Im not really familiar with RIA deployments.

P.S./Ediit: Its following file which gets generated by the Interface builder and from where the builder (mostly powershell a little gradle) will read the configuration information from:
https://github.com/asedl/XpaDemo/blob/master/Components/XpaTMobile/PublishedApplication/Android/XpaTMobile.txt
That needs to be replaced (changed) before the actual build starts. Otherwise this information will end up in apk

Correct ?

Andreas

Re: Magic XPA 3.3 RIA deployment problem #xpa #ria

Andreas Sedlmeier

Edited

[...]

Re: Video and Audio

Tim Downie

I have not done this but this should work

Embedding the Windows Media Player Control in a C# Solution. 05/31/2018; 2 minutes to read; In this article. To use the functionality of Windows Media Player in a C# application, first add the component to a form as described in Using the Windows Media Player Control with Microsoft Visual Studio. The following sections describe how to create an application that plays video and uses custom play ...
docs.microsoft.com