Date

Re: Gigaspaces deployment issue #xpa

Andreas Sedlmeier

I never did anything with Gigaspaces or with Magic & Gigaspaces. When I look however in these screenshots: http://kb.magicsoftware.com/articles/bl_Reference/Space-Troubleshooting-xpi-46
Then I can see that the locator's listener is configured on 127.0.0.1:4174 and that wont work. You have to bind to the IP of that machine (192.168.10.85) or to *any* IP of that machine which is typically 0.0.0.0
127.0.0.1 will only work from localhost.

Telnet is not a proof here. Telnet connects to the machine and then request actually is from localhost

Maybe thats the issue

You could work with a reverse proxy to get access to 127.0.0.1:4174 from remote.
Traefik.io is nice and easy to configure (actually awesome). Supports TCP as well since v2.

Re: Models

Pavel Mencl

Please ignore, momentary lapse of reason.
Pavel

Models

Pavel Mencl

xpa 3.1

I'd like to define a field model Numeric that would be N8.2 and N8.2C in GUI Display(s).
How would I do that?

Pavel

Gigaspaces deployment issue #xpa

Joseph Knickerbocker

Hello group, I'm currently having a blast tinkering with gigaspaces... Has anybody ever deployed gigaspaces and the MgWebRequester.dll on different servers?

I have gigaspaces up and running with the MgWebRequester running locally, but when I try to go through the webrequester being hosted on an external IIS machine, I get the following error:

HTTP Error 500.0 - Can't find space jini://*/*/Magic_xpa_space?locators=192.168.10.85:4174

192.168.10.85:4174 is the proper address and port of the machine running the gigaspaces, and the port is open on telnet from the machine with the requester.

Any help would be very appreciated.

Thank you,
Joseph Knickerbocker

Off topic: Oracle 11g cold backup

Todd Baremore

I have a new customer whose current solution is using Oracle 11g.  I was provide with a cold backup (2.36 GB total) of their data and NOTHING else.

I installed Oracle Express 11g on my laptop as well as Oracle SQL Developer 3.2.20.  I can connect to the XE instance and browse the tables provide by the installation.

My question:  Can I restore the cold backup I was given to the XE instance.  I created a new user and granted it every privilege I could find.   I am clueless about Oracle.  Any and all suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Todd

Re: Crash when doing search on variable list 3.2d

Gábor Bor

Hy Charles,

Good news, i'm live with it a half year ago, so... :D Do you know something about the estimated relase date? Is it possible in this year?

Best Regards,
Gábor

Re: Crash when doing search on variable list 3.2d

Mike Moore

MSE Support notified me this morning that this will be fixed in future version of Magic XPA 3.3g.

From:        "Heidi Schuppenhauer" <heidis13@...>
To:        main@magicu-l.groups.io
Date:        10/16/2019 09:54 AM
Subject:        Re: [magicu-l] Crash when doing search on variable list 3.2d
Sent by:        main@magicu-l.groups.io

"awesome bug"! Oxymoron of the week! :-)

No, I don't get that one. I also don't get the popup message you get.

Looks like MSE is looking into the crashing issue though. Has anyone else had the same issue for copy and paste in the editor?

Heidi.Schuppenhauer

On Wed, Oct 16, 2019 at 12:46 PM Brenda Bullorini <bbullorini@...> wrote:

I have another awesome bug:
I can't use copy/paste (Ctrl+C, Ctrl+V) in the expression editor, unless I press F6 to open the expanded view.
Anyone else has this problem?

Re: Magic XPA 3.3 RIA deployment problem #xpa #ria

Tim Downie

You can start 10 engines on one broker if you want to , all servicing a different application....giveing you 10 icons on your android device. By having each with a different application name - this of course uses more licenses but is easy to setup