Date

Re: MagicXPA45 Webclient install failure

Rob Westland

I build an app following the lessons on magicweb.io.

After logging in I route the user to a Welcome screen. This works good in 4.5, but in 4.6 it doesn't work anymore. So I thing there is a problem with routing in 4.6. I reported it to Magic, but still waiting for an answer.

Rob

On 28-11-2019 20:05, Florian Groothuis wrote:
I have a feeling that there is something buggy with either the latest Angular version or XPA46.
Today I did the SPA-tutorial. All went well until routing came up. As soon as XPA's routing comes in play Chrome shows blank pages. I also tried my own simple app, same thing. Opening page is just fine, a button routing to a new program fails.

The app.routes.ts shows:

export const routes: Routes = [

    {
        path: 'Login',
        component: RouterContainerMagicComponent,
        outlet: 'MainOutlet',

    },

The Chrome-debugger shows:

core.js:6014 ERROR Error: Uncaught (in promise): Error: Cannot match any routes. URL Segment: 'Login'
Error: Cannot match any routes. URL Segment: 'Login'

And I have to make a demo in a few weeks...

Re: MagicXPA45 Webclient install failure

Florian Groothuis

Also some errors on compiling the initial project:

Generation warnings/errors:
A subdirectory or file D:\Projects\XPA46\ngSPA already exists.
npm WARN saveError ENOENT: no such file or directory, open 'D:\Projects\XPA46\ngSPA\package.json'
npm notice created a lockfile as package-lock.json. You should commit this file.
npm WARN enoent ENOENT: no such file or directory, open 'D:\Projects\XPA46\ngSPA\package.json'
npm WARN ngSPA No description
npm WARN ngSPA No repository field.
npm WARN ngSPA No README data
npm WARN ngSPA No license field.

npm WARN deprecated core-js@2.6.10: core-js@<3.0 is no longer maintained and not recommended for usage due to the number of issues. Please, upgrade your dependencies to the actual version of core-js@3.
npm WARN deprecated fsevents@1.2.9: One of your dependencies needs to upgrade to fsevents v2: 1) Proper nodejs v10+ support 2) No more fetching binaries from AWS, smaller package size
npm WARN rollback Rolling back readable-stream@2.3.6 failed (this is probably harmless): EPERM: operation not permitted, lstat 'D:\Projects\XPA46\ngSPA\SPA\node_modules\@angular\compiler-cli\node_modules\fsevents\node_modules'
npm WARN optional SKIPPING OPTIONAL DEPENDENCY: fsevents@1.2.9 (node_modules\webpack-dev-server\node_modules\fsevents):
npm WARN notsup SKIPPING OPTIONAL DEPENDENCY: Unsupported platform for fsevents@1.2.9: wanted {"os":"darwin","arch":"any"} (current: {"os":"win32","arch":"x64"})
npm WARN optional SKIPPING OPTIONAL DEPENDENCY: fsevents@1.2.9 (node_modules\watchpack\node_modules\fsevents):
npm WARN optional SKIPPING OPTIONAL DEPENDENCY: fsevents@1.2.9 (node_modules\karma\node_modules\fsevents):
npm WARN optional SKIPPING OPTIONAL DEPENDENCY: fsevents@1.2.9 (node_modules\@angular\compiler-cli\node_modules\fsevents):
npm WARN optional SKIPPING OPTIONAL DEPENDENCY: fsevents@2.1.2 (node_modules\fsevents):
npm WARN notsup SKIPPING OPTIONAL DEPENDENCY: Unsupported platform for fsevents@2.1.2: wanted {"os":"darwin","arch":"any"} (current: {"os":"win32","arch":"x64"})

npm WARN The package @magic-xpa/cli is included as both a dev and production dependency.

npm WARN deprecated text-encoding@0.7.0: no longer maintained
npm WARN ng-dynamic-component@3.1.2 requires a peer of @angular/common@^6.0.0 but none is installed. You must install peer dependencies yourself.
npm WARN ng-dynamic-component@3.1.2 requires a peer of @angular/core@^6.0.0 but none is installed. You must install peer dependencies yourself.
npm WARN @magic-xpa/angular@4.6.0 requires a peer of ng-dynamic-component@^5.0.0 but none is installed. You must install peer dependencies yourself.
npm WARN @magic-xpa/angular@4.6.0 requires a peer of rxjs@^6.5.2 but none is installed. You must install peer dependencies yourself.
npm WARN @angular/http@7.2.15 requires a peer of @angular/core@7.2.15 but none is installed. You must install peer dependencies yourself.
npm WARN @angular/http@7.2.15 requires a peer of @angular/platform-browser@7.2.15 but none is installed. You must install peer dependencies yourself.
[...]

Re: Silly IDE question - Separate panels

Brenda Bullorini

Thank you Achim!
That worked too.

Re: Silly IDE question - Separate panels

achimmarx@...

Hi,
another way.
press the ctrl key,
move the mouse over the header of the panel you want to move (navigator, properties,...)
hold the left mouse key and with a little feeling you can seperate and move the single pane
where ever you want.

Achim

Re: Silly IDE question - Separate panels

Brenda Bullorini

John, thank you very much!
I've changed the MultipleDock value to 0 and it worked.

Thank you

Re: Silly IDE question - Separate panels

John Knickerbocker

If I remember correctly, you have to go into the system registry and change the value there.

Sent with Gmelius

On Thu, Nov 28, 2019 at 2:37 PM Brenda Bullorini <bbullorini@...> wrote:
Hello everyone,

I have one big silly question.
My navigator and properties panels got together, how can I separate them?
This happened to me before but I just pressed every key on my keyboard until they became two panels again haha
I tried dragging each tab but it just moves the whole thing

Silly IDE question - Separate panels

Brenda Bullorini

Hello everyone,

I have one big silly question.
My navigator and properties panels got together, how can I separate them?
This happened to me before but I just pressed every key on my keyboard until they became two panels again haha
I tried dragging each tab but it just moves the whole thing

Table in a subform

John Knickerbocker

Hello group,

in version 1.9, I have subforms that have a table in it. If the focus is not on the subform, the first line is gray and looks disabled, while the rest of the tables lines are colored normally. If I move to the subform the normal colors appear.

Is there any way to stop this? It doesn't affect the operation of the programs, but it is a little confusing to the users.

Thanks!

Sent with Gmelius

Re: Magic XPA utility in Magic XPI flow

Andreas Sedlmeier

On Wed, Nov 27, 2019 at 01:22 PM, Brenda Bullorini wrote:
I had multiple windows scheduler tasks which were invoking batch files, which were calling xpa programs.
And the client wanted to change that and call the xpa programs directly from xpi.
So there was already a big xpa project, and that's why I had to create those functions or use the xpa component
Well, its your project ^^. Functions would be fine if you would have
- constructs like promises or observables so that you can run them asynchronously and still can wait for completition
- a possibility to talk to a running instance of a Magic engine. Now you fire up one for every invocation of a program and thats quite some overhead

An Xpa component you can run asynchronously, that covers more usecases.
I would however prefer to integrate existing Magic programs with MQTT or webservices

Re: XPA 3.3e Runtime

Mike McMillin

Thanks John, but I found the problem.  When I made the runtime folder I didn't copy the Help folder.  When I went back and copied it over it started working.  There must be something in the Help folder that was needed for the runtime to start.

Re: XPA 3.3e Runtime

John Knickerbocker

It sounds like DEP is stopping it, it doesn't display errors when it stops it. Add the exe from the new location to the trusted list .

Sent with Gmelius

On Wed, Nov 27, 2019 at 9:55 PM Mike McMillin <mike.mcmillin@...> wrote:
I am having a hard time creating a XPA3.3 runtime folder outside of Magic's install.  If I leave the runtime in the folder Magic installs XPA3.3 to "C:\Program Files (x86)\MSE\Magic xpa 3.3", I can run MgxpaRuntime.exe.  If I copy the entire folder C:\Program Files (x86)\MSE\Magic xpa 3.3" to say "C:\COMPUT-ABILITY\XPA3.3" the MgxpaRuntime.exe will not run.  No error at all.  There must be a Registry entry or something that is stopping it.  Anybody else experience this?

Mike McMillin

XPA 3.3e Runtime

Mike McMillin

I am having a hard time creating a XPA3.3 runtime folder outside of Magic's install.  If I leave the runtime in the folder Magic installs XPA3.3 to "C:\Program Files (x86)\MSE\Magic xpa 3.3", I can run MgxpaRuntime.exe.  If I copy the entire folder C:\Program Files (x86)\MSE\Magic xpa 3.3" to say "C:\COMPUT-ABILITY\XPA3.3" the MgxpaRuntime.exe will not run.  No error at all.  There must be a Registry entry or something that is stopping it.  Anybody else experience this?

Mike McMillin

Re: AutoComplete XPA 4.6

Steven Burrows

It seems to be the U of U25.

Oh so complex !

Will raise it with MSE. Not a lot of use to us in that state, every field that would get value from this is uppercase.

Steven Burrows