Date
Xpa mobile development (Screen closes when opening the app on a handheld device - Honeywell CN80)

Lei Salcedo

Edited

Hello,

I'm a newbie in mobile dev. We've got an existing mobile app that I need to install on a new device with an android version 8.1 (API 27) for a new requesting company. Our current one in the production which seems to be no problem and working perfectly is on android version 23.
So what I did after some readings, I installed the platform 27 and build tool 27 on my dev environment and created a new apk file then installed it on the device. APK build is successful as well as the app installation.
But upon opening the app on the device, it opens the initial screen (with our logo on it) and then it closes immediately with an error message - "application has stopped".
I have little experience on this so I don't know how to move on from here.

BTW, The handheld device is quite good in terms of specifications. See below:
SYSTEM ARCHITECTURE
Processor: 2.2 GHz Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 660 octa-core
Operating System: Android 8, upgradable through Android R
Memory: 3 GB/4 GB RAM, 32 GB Flash
Camera: 13.0-megapixel color camera with autofocus and advanced software features for better image quality
Display: 106.7 mm (4.2 in) FWVGA (854 x 480) bright color LCD with backlight, outdoor viewable, optically bonded to touch panel

Help anyone

Re: XPA 3.3g HTTPCall Post - progress but no solution

Peter Ashworth

Hi Todd

It's entirely possible that Magic has broken something and you might have to submit a support ticket to isolate/sort this.

Are you doing something like:  HttpCall('POST','http://url.com','message=<message>testing</message>','')  ?

Its kind of interesting to see the 3.2e convert into a JSON ish fashion. If my above assumption is correct I would have expected the 3.3g result albeit without the ":" at the end. Can you also try catching it in wireshark?

Obviously you are seeing a different output between the two versions with the same script catching them so thats not in question. Can you download different 3.3x versions and see if it breaks in a specific version? 3.3e release notes mention some stuff in this area.
141969 If 'Accept-Encoding: gzip, deflate' header is present in the URL, some garbage data was displayed in response to HTTPFramework=DotNet/Soap.
151005 The function HTTPCall() was not working with Digest and Basic Authentication when HTTPFramework=DotNet.

3.3d added support for PATCH verb.

So they have certainly been tinkering in this area and its possible they have upset something.

I can't really give personal experience with this anymore as we have since offloaded our HttpCall work to an in house dll due to a need for better TLS support as most of our stuff was https and Magic native TLS support wasnt cutting it.

I don't know if you try doing a http communication inside a .net snippit in xpa if that has full TLS access or not but if its not a concern then you could always try writing a central program with a .net snippet to handle your http calls from.

You could also maybe try the different HTTPFramework types (D is default I think, the other is J) to see if that makes a difference. Also whilst HttpPost is depricated it will still work if thats the verb you are trying to do so it might be worth giving that method a try to see if there is different behaviour.

HTH

Peter

Re: Incremental locate (RIA X ONLINE) #ria

Ryan Guedes

Good morning Tim, I'm using the xpa 3.3c.

Re: Incremental locate (RIA X ONLINE) #ria

Tim Downie

RIA incremental locate works for us character by character - you just have to keep in mind that now its going over the interent.
What magic version are using using until maybe 3.2 it didnt work very well.

Feladó: Roberto Gauer
Elküldve: 2020. február 14., péntek 12:49
Címzett: main@magicu-l.groups.io
Tárgy: Re: [magicu-l] Runtime Form Designer in Magix Xpa 3.2

Hi!

Try looking at act_std.eng file...

And, manually insert the missing line, at this location. ;)

Open Application  = Ctrl+O              ,   23,   22,0x000000000
Open Form Designer=                     , 578,    0,0x000000000
Open Project  = Ctrl+O              ,  449,   22,0x000000000

On Fri, Feb 14, 2020 at 7:58 AM Frigyesi Viktória <fv@...> wrote:

Hi Group,

What is the prerequisite to have the Open Form Editor event in the Application events list?

It should be there since version 3.1.

Is there any example available where users can reposition controls on the form?

Thanks in advance.

Viki

Re: Runtime Form Designer in Magix Xpa 3.2

Roberto Gauer

But... if you share this file with a old magic version, it can raise a gpf on the old studio... keep aware of this.

On Fri, Feb 14, 2020 at 8:49 AM Roberto Gauer <gawarez@...> wrote:
[...]

Upload the file to the server
So I found out that MailSend was still looking for the files from the server side.
Any Ideas how to make it look on the client side?

Regards,
Darren

Re: Using Mailsend with attachments #xpa #ria

Darren

Hello Everyone,

So I found out that MailSend was still looking for the files from the server side.
Any Ideas how to make it look on the client side?

Regards,
Darren

Re: Using Mailsend with attachments #xpa #ria

Darren

Hi Roberto,

1. It's working without an attachment.
2. Tried that simple attachment but also did not work.
3. Used outlook and it is ok.
4. I am connecting to exactly the same Mailserver as I did in DEV.

Regards,
Darren

Re: Using Mailsend with attachments #xpa #ria

olivier.besson@...

Hi Darren

usually this error raise when you use MailSend indicating there is an attachment but Magic can't find / reach it

make sure on your runtime env. you have the same network access as on your studio

Cheers,
Olivier

Re: Using Mailsend with attachments #xpa #ria

Roberto Ramirez

Darren,

1. Validate sending an email with no attachment using Magic
2. Try a simple attachment "c:\temp\123.txt", small file size using Magic
3. Validate sending that same attachment using another email client. Use the same user id\password that Magic is using in the MailConnect function.
4. Ensure that there are no "mail server rules" preventing the attachment of files for emails for the user id\password that Magic is using in the MailConnect function

--
Roberto Ramirez
marionette_66@...

On Wed, Feb 12, 2020, at 12:18 AM, Darren wrote:

Hello Guys,

I am having an issue using MailSend with attachments right after deploying to our runtime/Q.A server.
I got it perfectly working on dev without any issues.

Now the issue is MailSend returning code -80(Failed to add attachment to the message).

Any thoughts?

Best Regards,
Darren