Date

Re: Using Mailsend with attachments #xpa #ria

Darren

Hi Tim,

Yes, that is what I did now and it works. Just thinking if there might be an alternative doing that directly.

Thank you for your feedback!

Best Regards,
Darren

Re: Incremental locate (RIA X ONLINE) #ria

ryanguedes2010@...

Hi Tim, thanks for the answer, let me give you some more details, I'm using a view and all indexes are virtual, I did some tests enabling / disabling index optimization and they make a difference but not enough, I know that locate incremental mechanism is different for RIA and that it expects a string instead of searching for letter by letter, I even hypothesize that the problem is in the time it takes to identify that the user has finished typing and if it were possible to reduce this time would be the end of my problems, do you think it is possible?

Re: Incremental locate (RIA X ONLINE) #ria

Tim Downie

We use this on large tabels with RIA - you need to ensure the field searching on is indexed

Feladó: Roberto Gauer
Elküldve: 2020. február 14., péntek 12:49
Címzett: main@magicu-l.groups.io
Tárgy: Re: [magicu-l] Runtime Form Designer in Magix Xpa 3.2

Hi!

Try looking at act_std.eng file...

And, manually insert the missing line, at this location. ;)

Open Application  = Ctrl+O              ,   23,   22,0x000000000
Open Form Designer=                     , 578,    0,0x000000000
Open Project  = Ctrl+O              ,  449,   22,0x000000000

On Fri, Feb 14, 2020 at 7:58 AM Frigyesi Viktória <fv@...> wrote:

Hi Group,

What is the prerequisite to have the Open Form Editor event in the Application events list?

It should be there since version 3.1.

Is there any example available where users can reposition controls on the form?

Thanks in advance.

Viki

Re: Runtime Form Designer in Magix Xpa 3.2

Roberto Gauer

But... if you share this file with a old magic version, it can raise a gpf on the old studio... keep aware of this.

On Fri, Feb 14, 2020 at 8:49 AM Roberto Gauer <gawarez@...> wrote:
[...]

Upload the file to the server
So I found out that MailSend was still looking for the files from the server side.
Any Ideas how to make it look on the client side?

Regards,
Darren

Re: Using Mailsend with attachments #xpa #ria

Darren

Hello Everyone,

So I found out that MailSend was still looking for the files from the server side.
Any Ideas how to make it look on the client side?

Regards,
Darren

Re: Using Mailsend with attachments #xpa #ria

Darren

Hi Roberto,

1. It's working without an attachment.
2. Tried that simple attachment but also did not work.
3. Used outlook and it is ok.
4. I am connecting to exactly the same Mailserver as I did in DEV.

Regards,
Darren

Re: Using Mailsend with attachments #xpa #ria

olivier.besson@...

Hi Darren

usually this error raise when you use MailSend indicating there is an attachment but Magic can't find / reach it

make sure on your runtime env. you have the same network access as on your studio

Cheers,
Olivier

Re: Using Mailsend with attachments #xpa #ria

Roberto Ramirez Cervantes

Darren,

1. Validate sending an email with no attachment using Magic
2. Try a simple attachment "c:\temp\123.txt", small file size using Magic
3. Validate sending that same attachment using another email client. Use the same user id\password that Magic is using in the MailConnect function.
4. Ensure that there are no "mail server rules" preventing the attachment of files for emails for the user id\password that Magic is using in the MailConnect function

--
Roberto Ramirez
marionette_66@...

On Wed, Feb 12, 2020, at 12:18 AM, Darren wrote:

Hello Guys,

I am having an issue using MailSend with attachments right after deploying to our runtime/Q.A server.
I got it perfectly working on dev without any issues.

Now the issue is MailSend returning code -80(Failed to add attachment to the message).

Any thoughts?

Best Regards,
Darren

Re: XPA 3.3g HTTPCall Post - progress but no solution

Todd Baremore

I wrote a node script to capture what HTTPCall() is sending and found two issues.

This is the message I am sending
message=<message>testing</message>

This is what HTTPCall() is sending
XPA 3.2e    "message":"<message>testing</message>"       correct
XPA 3.3g    "message=<message>testing</message>":""     incorrect

Todd

Re: SendMail Charset on Magic XPA 4.6

Polgár Ferenc

I don't know XPA 4.6 but in uniPaas 1.9 there was a 'MailCharset' ini setting for this purpose.
regards
Ferenc

2020.02.12. 18:03 keltezéssel, Sébastien GROS-TABUSSIAT írta:

Hello everybody,
I have a problem with the Mailsend function on Magic XPA 4.6.
In Development mode, everything is fine, but in Runtime, when I send the e-mail, the texts aren't correct... For example, the letter "é" becomes "é". I looked in the .INI files and I don't have lines with ANSI, OEM, Unicode, UTF-8 and charset... I have this problem for the subject and body texts.
I tried to use the functions OEM2ANSIFile, UnicodeFromANSI, UnicodeToANSI, UTF8FromAnsi, UTF8ToAnsi before to send, but it's not working.
Do you have any idea where this may come from, please?
Thank you.

_._,_._,_

SendMail Charset on Magic XPA 4.6

Sébastien GT

Hello everybody,
I have a problem with the Mailsend function on Magic XPA 4.6.
In Development mode, everything is fine, but in Runtime, when I send the e-mail, the texts aren't correct... For example, the letter "é" becomes "é". I looked in the .INI files and I don't have lines with ANSI, OEM, Unicode, UTF-8 and charset... I have this problem for the subject and body texts.
I tried to use the functions OEM2ANSIFile, UnicodeFromANSI, UnicodeToANSI, UTF8FromAnsi, UTF8ToAnsi before to send, but it's not working.
Do you have any idea where this may come from, please?
Thank you.

Re: XPA 3.3g HTTPCall Post

DarKWateR

ahhhhhhhhhhhhh sorry!