Date

Re: Crash when doing search on variable list 3.2d

Simone Zwaan <szwaan@...>

Just received this answer from Magic:

So sorry that your having trouble with XPA Crash when doing search on variable list,
This is a know bug of XPA and is fixed with latest version of XPA 3.3g with defect reference of MXPA-316,

We would suggest to please check with XPA 3.3g and let us know if your problem is resolved.

Re: Crash when doing search on variable list 3.2d

Simone Zwaan <szwaan@...>

Same problem here after Windows 10 update to Version 1909. Very annoying!

No solution yet?

Regards, Simone

New file uploaded to main@magicu-l.groups.io

main@magicu-l.groups.io Notification <main+notification@...>

Hello,

This email message is a notification to let you know that the following files have been uploaded to the Files area of the main@magicu-l.groups.io group.

Uploaded By: Steven Blank <sgblank@...>

This Magic xpa v3.3 project illustrates how to use the System.Net.Sockets classes TCPListener, TCPClient, and UCPClient to communicate with other devices using TCP and UDP. Such other devices might include, for example, materials-handling equipment. Illustrative programs included are: Demo_TCPServer – set up a TCPListener, wait for a request to connect, to a TCPClient, and converse. • Demo_TCPClient - spawned in parallel by Demo_TCPServer, illustrates how to set up a TCPClient, request a connection with a TCPServer and converse. • Demo_UDPClientSend - spawns Demo_UDPListener in parallel, set up an IPEndPoint and a UDPClient, and converse, with the demo or (with slight modifications) with another instance of itself on another computer. • Demo_UDPBroadcast - set up a UDPSocket and broadcast on a specific port. • Demo_UDPListener - set up a UDPListener, designed to work with Demo_UDPClient and Demo_UDPBroadcast. The author offers this project purely as an educational exercise (both his and yours), and makes no warranty, either explicit or implied, as to its suitability for anything. This was my first attempt at pure Magic Sockets, no C# snippets. It has yet to be peer reviewed so it's subject to update. Criticism gratefully accepted. :)

Cheers,
The Groups.io Team

Re: Warning : big bug on delete status in XPA 4.6 #xpa4.6

Roberto Gauer

Sebastien,

I received your example with sqlite tables... tks!
Made a change to try for another gateways, sqlserver and oracle, and the problem appears not occur on these.
May be only affecting sqlite.

On Fri, Feb 28, 2020 at 3:34 PM Roberto Gauer via Groups.Io <gawarez=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
Yes, can you send an example to gawarez@...

Tks! :)

On Fri, Feb 28, 2020 at 12:57 PM Sébastien GT <sebastiengt@...> wrote:
Do you already have XPA 4.6.1 Todd?

Roberto, I have no specific scenario. Just Task online and events in record suffix with condition : Stat(0,'D'mode).
If you want to test Roberto, I can pass you an example by .edp.
Can you send me an email address?

Re: PSQL Gateway

hhmmmz, wrong location in discussion... 😀

Re: PSQL Gateway

In 'X$File' (or, if referring to the actrual filename on disk: file.ddf) is a column defined as 'Xf$Loc' which should have the proper value for the location of your file.

Re: Screen scaling

Arch <Arch.Lineberger@...>

Thanks Todd. That is amazing! Can't wait to try it out.

Arch Lineberger
203 N Main St
Belmont, NC 28012
704.461.1223

On Thu, Feb 27, 2020 at 9:21 PM Todd Baremore <tbaremor@...> wrote:
Arch,

Scaling is a new feature of XPA 4.6.  I have not used it yet, but it looked good at Brown Bag in September when MSE demoed it.

Todd
On 2/27/2020 11:52 AM, Arch wrote:
I recently watched a Sage Accounting demonstration that was puzzling. As the active Window is enlarged and shrunken, the controls adjust accordingly as do ours in position and size using the Placement function. The surprise is that the controls' fonts also appears to scale.

That is a great feature given the widely varying screen sizes and resolutions prevalent today. I can make the controls re-position on the screen, but not change font. Anyone have a suggestion as to how to achieve these results?

Arch Lineberger
203 N Main St
Belmont, NC 28012
704.461.1223

Re: PSQL Gateway

Steven Blank

Arch,

Did you also copy sample/test data files? DDFs alone won't work with Magic. At the very least, you also need empty data files underlying the table definitions defined in the DDFs.

Steve Blank

On 2/28/2020 2:47 PM, Arch wrote:
Keith,

The DDFs are from Sage. They are installed in my client's web folder. I have copied them to my development data folder and loaded them from there. They are binary, so perhaps encrypted?

Arch Lineberger
203 N Main St
Belmont, NC 28012
704.461.1223

On Thu, Feb 27, 2020 at 7:23 PM Keith Canniff <kcanniff@...> wrote:
Arch

1. Where did you get ddfs?
2. Have you used the DDF Make tool from MSE or Steve Blank to look at the ddfs?  Specifically do they have a file path in it and not just the filenames?
3.  Are the ddfs in the data folder or somewhere else?

Keith