Date

Re: Connecting shares automatically

Thomas Titus

Hi Rob,
I am also in the process of setting up DMZ IIS. Our infra structure team is struggling with a third party vendor to complete the setup.

Are you setting up a remote Unipass Broker, away from the DMZ IIS server?

Do you have an ARR Server (Application Request Routing) to host your file share?

Are you setting up multiple IIS to do load balancing?

I know, I asked a lot of questions, but I am very curios to know your efforts and progress.

Thanks

Thomas Titus

Are

Re: Multiuser SQLite #xpa #sqlite #multiuser

tomdzio

I've tried both Physical and Deferred and also different locking strategy.

Re: Multiuser SQLite #xpa #sqlite #multiuser

Wes Hein

What are the transaction settings for the program?

Re: Multiuser SQLite #xpa #sqlite #multiuser

tomdzio

Hi Wes

I've just tried and I have the message in the statusline "Failed to disconnect, datasource is open, datasource: Products". My test is very simple: I'm running simple browsing program for table Products from top menu on 2 session in Runtime. The problem starts if the program is open on both session and I'm modifying a record on one of them. Even after closing the program on the that session I'm getting "db is locked" error on the second one. On the other hand the first session is also not possible to use as when try to start browsing program again I'm getting "cannot start a transaction withing a transaction" error.

Tomasz

Re: Multiuser SQLite #xpa #sqlite #multiuser

Wes Hein

Have you tried a DbDiscnt  after updating the value?  Just a WAG.  Is this database open all the time for default values or only opened on occasion?

Wes

Multiuser SQLite #xpa #sqlite #multiuser

tomdzio

Hello

I know that SQLite is rather single-user DBMS but I red here that it is possible to use in in multi-user environment - this is just the question of updating by 1 user at any instant of time as whole DB is locked on writing. However when I'm trying with Magic (XPA 3.3) it looks like first update lock DB exclusively and not releasing it after this update is finalized. Second Magic session gets just the message - "Database locked". Is it really no possible to overcome this?

regards
Tomasz

Re: Connecting shares automatically

Steven Blank

The devil is always in the details, eh?

Steve

On 3/16/2020 1:19 PM, Rob Westland wrote:

The broker already runs under an AD-account. Because it must have access to the fileserver.

The webserver is in a DMZ, so the weberserver does not have access to the AD. On the webserver I created a share with a local user which only exist on the webserver. The Magicserver must access that share with that account.

Rob

Op 16-3-2020 om 21:08 schreef Steven Blank:

Rob,

If the Magic runtime engine is spawned by the broker, then the Magic runtime engine is running under the broker's credentials.

If the broker is configured to log on as the Local System Account, then it, and by extension, the Magic runtime engine, will possess no credentials on the network.

If the Magic runtime engine is running on computer A, and the temp files folder is located on computer B, then the Magic BROKER must have network credentials.

Just try it.

You can always change it back if it doesn't help.

Steve Blank

On 3/16/2020 1:01 PM, Rob Westland wrote:

Hi Steve,

The problem is not the Broker running under a wrong account.

The problem is the script which has to be executed. That script is or run by the Scheduler or through a GPO. But in both caes it's not executed.

Or am I on the wrong way?

The problem is that the Magic engine wants to create some temp files which must be available for the webserver.

Rob

Op 16-3-2020 om 20:55 schreef Steven Blank:

Rob,

My guess is that the service is configured to log on as the Local System Account, in which case, it (the service) is an anonymous guest and, as such, possesses no rights at all on the network.

If this is the case, then I suggest you modify the service to log on with a specific, ad hoc, domain user account.

EXAMPLE:

HTH – Steve Blank

On 3/16/2020 10:38 AM, Rob Westland wrote:

Hi,

How are you automatically connecting to UNC path which are password protected?

There must exist a share between a Magic server and a Webserver. The Magic engine tries to write this file to the share: Start_N_0MP_$$$_$_$_0_04600__0bad954cf6feda90f642c6765dcabd53648446a74609d3ec540074ac.xml. Also other files, but this an example.

We have a webserver with a password protected share. And a Magic server running the Magic engine, but the engine is of course started from a service. No one logs in on the server, so the share must already be connected on startup of the server.

I have stored the credentials of the share in the Windows Credentials Manager of the Magicserver.

I tried it with a scheduled task and with a GPO: Computer Configuration\Windows Settings\Scripts\Startup

But the batch file does not run

The batchfile contains:

net use \\web-01\MagicWebCCache
fsutil file createnew c:\tmp\started 10

The second line is just to check if the script has run

When I login and go to the share, it is immediately connected, I don't have to enter my credentials.

Does anyone have a clue?

Rob

Re: Connecting shares automatically

Rob Westland

[...]

NET USE /?

The syntax of this command is:

NET USE
[devicename | *] [\\computername\sharename[\volume] [password | *]]
[/USER:[domainname\]username]
[/USER:[dotted domain name\]username]
[/USER:[username@dotted domain name]
[/SMARTCARD]
[/SAVECRED]
[/REQUIREINTEGRITY]
[/REQUIREPRIVACY]
[/WRITETHROUGH]
[[/DELETE] | [/PERSISTENT:{YES | NO}]]

NET USE {devicename | *} [password | *] /HOME

NET USE [/PERSISTENT:{YES | NO}]

Server Configuration #xpa #ria

@Luis_Santos

Hello Group,

 I would like to know if there is any technical specification recommending how to size the server in configurations (RAM, Hard Disk and etc.).

Example:
I need to run an application on a server, which supports 100 users at the same time using the same application. Is there any way to measure this?

Thank you for your attention.

[...]

Re: Magic in the time of Covid-19

David Hudson

In Atl, avoiding crowds,
But well,   I'll be happy for an end to all this.

David Hudson
President GA Business Solutions
404-435-8630

Meaningful data leads to better decisions.

On Fri, Mar 13, 2020 at 2:07 AM Craig Martin <craig@...> wrote:
How are you doing?

Re: Magic in the time of Covid-19

Hi
I am in south india, Kerala. In my state till date 19 corona cases are recorded and they are in hospitals and more than 1000 peoples in houses.
Three corona infected medical student return back from wohan area china get treatment from our medical college hospital and they discharged 10 days before.
No one in serious conditions.

I and We are in safe. On march 1st on wards summer is start. Now average sensible temp. is 30c to 40c. So the virus spread over is very low.
All schools, colleges and religious meeting, functions, shows are cancelled. If necessary then the people came from house. Very Low people in public Transport, Market and other areas.

Normally we are having strong immune systems. In our place, We regularly faces lot of other type of virus diseases regularly.

regards
r.a.murali

Re: Magic in the time of Covid-19

magic.user.list

Hey Marco,

Here in the Netherlands we are 2 weeks behind you guys in Italy. It hits your region really hard. Not sure what will happen here, but seeing your people applauding and singing from the balconies, that brings strength. Hopefully for you the worst is over coming days. Our thoughts are with you guys.

The Netherlands is now going into a phase of some kind of lockdown with only supermarkets and pharmacies open for business. We'll see how it evolves.

Hopefully everything is past in a few weeks. Looking forward to driving my boat across lake Garda again coming summer. All the best and lets stay strong!!

🇮🇹🇳🇱

---

Mario Reuser
M: +31 6 54907141
E: mreuser@...

Mage - Magic Engineering
Postbus 36170
1020 MD  Amsterdam
www.mage.nl

marco ferrari via Groups.Io schreef op 2020-03-13 12:04:

HI ,

From Como - Italy

all closed except the factories
nobody in the street
1258 dead

Marco Ferrari

Il venerdì 13 marzo 2020, 10:19:34 CET, Tim Downie <tim_downie@...> ha scritto:

Australia has cacelled formula 1 event on the day practice starts. After teams from all over world arrived.

Nz vs Aus cricket game being played in sydney. Crowd banned so you cant go.

Rugby league on with crowds, soccor(football) on - you can go also.

Go figure