Date

RIA Deployment

Mulyadi Jet

Hi all,

Is there step by step manual for deploying ria application in windows server 2012 ?
I am very new to xpa and still cannot a clear instruction in magic documentation.
Anyone can help ?

Xpa 2.5

Thanks in advance

Re: Using MS Excel for Dash Board integrating with uniPaaS 1.9

Wes Hein

Lado,

1. Use DataViewToText() to get it to a csv, then use OfficeCom to open the csv and save it as a xls if excel is installed and you are ok with xls, mostly easy.
2. Still use DataViewToText() to get it to a csv then read through the file and write each line to xlsx using a dll you will need to write using openxml and closedxml, not so easy but works without excel installed.
3. Write a dll using using openxml and closedxml that allows you to write to a dntable then convert the table to excel, also not so easy but gets you a xlsx and does not require excel to be installed.

We do have a dll for option 2 but it is somewhat out of date and not really sharable as contains other features for our company as well.

Once you use XPA this becomes much easier.

Wes

Re: Transaction Processing in blended database environment

Steven Blank

Tom,
My specific experience in this regard was with Oracle on an HP9000 and Btrieve on NetWare4, and Magic v7.11h on a PC. And yes, both databases would either be committed or rolled-back together. It was pretty amazing, if I do say so myself.
In a project for 3-Com’s US Robotics division in SLC, I wrote a transaction processor that read finished goods transactions from Oracle, blew through the related BOMs, relieved inventory of component parts and received the finished goods into inventory, all in Btrieve. When complete, the process closed the loop by marking the assembly line transaction created in Oracle as having been received.
It had to be scalable and bulletproof. I recall testing at one point by simply pulling the plug on the PC to see if it could rollback and recover properly on restart. It did.
I don’t recall any caveats or gotchas, just a shit-ton of testing.
Steve Blank

On May 18, 2020, at 9:17 AM, Tom Worthen <tworthen@...> wrote:

Steve,

Are you indicating if that flag is set that it will roll back both databases? Does the same hold true if the main table is Pervasive with links/updates to an MS-SQL database, that they would both be rolled back?

I presume you have had experience with this so shouldn’t question your knowledge but just wanting to make sure. J

Tom