The zoho data Sync utility import data scheduled interval. Very simple function to create dash board and pivot table report.

Regards

r.a.murali

On Tue, May 19, 2020 at 10:13 AM Frigyesi Viktória <fv@...> wrote:

I was following the same approach: placing a browser control on a Magic form, refreshing in the needed interval. The browser is showing a diagram, which is made in Excel. You can set the save as properties of the Excel Diagram to be HTML, one form, always overwrite without prompt (some VB is needed here within form). Diagram is refreshed automatically when new data is saved into source. The security settings need some adjustment too. It works fine as a Dashboard showing high transactional volume KPIs.

Feladó: main@magicu-l.groups.io <main@magicu-l.groups.io>, meghatalmazó: Wes Hein <wes@...>
Elküldve: 2020. május 18., hétfő 20:42
Címzett: main@magicu-l.groups.io <main@magicu-l.groups.io>
Tárgy: Re: [magicu-l] Using MS Excel for Dash Board integrating with uniPaaS 1.9

Rather than using a worksheet as the data source for the pivot table/dash board, use a different workbook.  By having your template reference a different file, you can delete and replace the data at will without messing up the dashboard

Wes

Re: Using MS Excel for Dash Board integrating with uniPaaS 1.9

Frigyesi Viktória

Feladó: main@magicu-l.groups.io <main@magicu-l.groups.io>, meghatalmazó: Wes Hein <wes@...>
Elküldve: 2020. május 18., hétfő 20:42
Címzett: main@magicu-l.groups.io <main@magicu-l.groups.io>

Rather than using a worksheet as the data source for the pivot table/dash board, use a different workbook.  By having your template reference a different file, you can delete and replace the data at will without messing up the dashboard

Wes

Re: HTTPCALL /GET stopped working in XPA versions above 3.2

Todd Baremore

Averinos,

In January I sent a sample program to MSE to demonstrate the problem:

This is an example of a message I am sending
message=<message>testing</message>

This is what HTTPCall() is sending
XPA 3.2e    "message":"<message>testing</message>"       correct
XPA 3.3g    "message=<message>testing</message>":""     causing me a great deal of heartache

I'm stuck in 3.2e for now.

Please open a ticket.
Todd
On 5/18/2020 10:55 AM, Avgerinos wrote:

Hi magicians

This is to report one more case related the the HTTPcall issue already reported to the group for XPA versions.
In our case all HTTPcalls (/GET to Coinbase API) that used to work fine in version 3.2, are failing in all versions above (3.3. and 4.x)
After failing to find the cause, we ended up using a non-Magic solution.

Anyone knows if there is a ticket for this issue or a bug-fix version expected?

Regards
Avgerinos

Re: Using MS Excel for Dash Board integrating with uniPaaS 1.9

Lado Wali

Thank you Wes

On Mon, May 18, 2020, 2:47 PM Lado Wali <ladowali@...> wrote:
Thank you Wes.

On Mon, May 18, 2020, 2:42 PM Wes Hein <wes@...> wrote:
Rather than using a worksheet as the data source for the pivot table/dash board, use a different workbook.  By having your template reference a different file, you can delete and replace the data at will without messing up the dashboard

Wes

Re: Using MS Excel for Dash Board integrating with uniPaaS 1.9

Lado Wali

Thank you Wes.

On Mon, May 18, 2020, 2:42 PM Wes Hein <wes@...> wrote:
Rather than using a worksheet as the data source for the pivot table/dash board, use a different workbook.  By having your template reference a different file, you can delete and replace the data at will without messing up the dashboard

Wes

Re: Using MS Excel for Dash Board integrating with uniPaaS 1.9

Lado Wali

Thanks Steve.

On Mon, May 18, 2020, 2:31 PM Steven Blank <sgblank@...> wrote:

Lado,

I've kicked around a similar dashboard idea of late, but I wanted to leave MS Excel out of the mix.

Instead, I've been thinking of placing a plain old web browser control on my Magic form and then feeding it HTML. One can accomplish some pretty amazing stuff now with HTML5.

I have not pursued it any further, though. Sorry.

Steve Blank

On 5/18/2020 8:10 AM, Lado Wali wrote:
Hi Group,

Just checking if we can integrate MS Excel with uniPaaS 1.9 to display exported data for graphical interface. In normal cases we export the data to xml and open in file in Excel to create the pivot and also create graphs. Just wondering if we can create some kind of excel template and then write the data from uniPaaS to Excel. Just wondering if someone can share their ideas.

Thanks
Lado

Re: Using MS Excel for Dash Board integrating with uniPaaS 1.9

Wes Hein

Rather than using a worksheet as the data source for the pivot table/dash board, use a different workbook.  By having your template reference a different file, you can delete and replace the data at will without messing up the dashboard

Wes

Re: HTTPCALL /GET stopped working in XPA versions above 3.2

magic9@aquari.com

A quick alternative solution for httpget is to use wget (which is free).
http://gnuwin32.sourceforge.net/packages/wget.htm

At 10:55 AM 5/18/2020, you wrote:
Hi magicians

This is to report one more case related the the HTTPcall issue already reported to the group for XPA versions.
In our case all HTTPcalls (/GET to Coinbase API) that used to work fine in version 3.2, are failing in all versions above (3.3. and 4.x)
After failing to find the cause, we ended up using a non-Magic solution.

Anyone knows if there is a ticket for this issue or a bug-fix version expected?

Regards
Avgerinos

Re: Using MS Excel for Dash Board integrating with uniPaaS 1.9

Steven Blank

[...]

Wes,

My intention is to create the pre-design excel template with Sheet1 either Pivot or Graph based on the data on Sheet2 and if somehow we can throw the data on Sheet2 in the required cells through uniPaaS and open the Excel template from the uniPaaS program.

Anyway thanks for your time.
Lado

On Mon, May 18, 2020 at 2:10 PM Wes Hein <wes@...> wrote:
Lado,

1. Use DataViewToText() to get it to a csv, then use OfficeCom to open the csv and save it as a xls if excel is installed and you are ok with xls, mostly easy.
2. Still use DataViewToText() to get it to a csv then read through the file and write each line to xlsx using a dll you will need to write using openxml and closedxml, not so easy but works without excel installed.
3. Write a dll using using openxml and closedxml that allows you to write to a dntable then convert the table to excel, also not so easy but gets you a xlsx and does not require excel to be installed.

We do have a dll for option 2 but it is somewhat out of date and not really sharable as contains other features for our company as well.

Once you use XPA this becomes much easier.

Wes

RIA Deployment

Mulyadi Jet

Hi all,

Is there step by step manual for deploying ria application in windows server 2012 ?
I am very new to xpa and still cannot a clear instruction in magic documentation.
Anyone can help ?

Xpa 2.5

Thanks in advance

[...]

Re: Transaction Processing in blended database environment

Steven Blank

Tom,
My specific experience in this regard was with Oracle on an HP9000 and Btrieve on NetWare4, and Magic v7.11h on a PC. And yes, both databases would either be committed or rolled-back together. It was pretty amazing, if I do say so myself.
In a project for 3-Com’s US Robotics division in SLC, I wrote a transaction processor that read finished goods transactions from Oracle, blew through the related BOMs, relieved inventory of component parts and received the finished goods into inventory, all in Btrieve. When complete, the process closed the loop by marking the assembly line transaction created in Oracle as having been received.
It had to be scalable and bulletproof. I recall testing at one point by simply pulling the plug on the PC to see if it could rollback and recover properly on restart. It did.
I don’t recall any caveats or gotchas, just a shit-ton of testing.
Steve Blank

On May 18, 2020, at 9:17 AM, Tom Worthen <tworthen@...> wrote:

Steve,

Are you indicating if that flag is set that it will roll back both databases? Does the same hold true if the main table is Pervasive with links/updates to an MS-SQL database, that they would both be rolled back?

I presume you have had experience with this so shouldn’t question your knowledge but just wanting to make sure. J

Tom