Date

Re: UniPaS 1.9, image refresh

sherman levine

If that doesn't work,
I've dealt with the issue by changing the file name (e.g. A.BMP, B.BMP) each time the file is changed. Toggling between two names is sufficient.
Sherm

On 10/7/2020 4:55 PM, Steven Blank wrote:
Specifically, Check image change time:

HTH.

Steve Blank

On 10/7/2020 1:50 PM, Steven Blank wrote:
I recall something about an image cache...

Search the online help.

On 10/7/2020 1:39 PM, Stephen Saxton via groups.io wrote:
OK, it seems my week for questions.

I've got an image on disk, that is displayed in an online form.

Purposely, this file on the disk is overwritten when a new option is selected.

The issue I'm having, in runtime, the image on the screen is not updated

I've tried Screen Refresh, View Refresh, Record Flush

All the image files happen to have the same creation date, but different modification date (may or may not be significant)

I can see the "Main.bmp" in explorer change modification date, but the image on the screen doesn't change.  Other updates appear (have a virtual that holds the name of the file that is overWriting the Main.bmp file.

I'm using an event "Click" on a virtual that gets updated with the "OverWriting" file name (and that refreshes just great).

I've also have an event "Click" on a button that does the exact same as mentioned just above.

Online Task
Initial Mode Modify
End Condition No
Evaluate Before
Resident task Yes & No (tried)

Behavior All No except Cycle on Record and Refresh Task Window are Yes

No transactions, no locking

All Allowed Modes Yes
Functionalities Yes (with normal exception of Print Data:)

Any ideas to try?

Stephen (Steve) Saxton
CABS²
Senior Magic Software Engineer/IT Help Desk
954-330-7894
SKYPE:  ssaxton2
Retired USAF TSgt

Re: UniPaS 1.9, image refresh

Steven Blank

[...]

UniPaS 1.9, image refresh

Stephen Saxton

[...]

Fonts and Mobile Development XPA 3.2g

Graham White

Hi,

I am trying to get my head around the corelation of the font size and what is actually displayed on the device.  We use font Microsoft Sans Serif size 8 which look fine and fields fit nicely in the studio, however, this is not the case on the device.  We predominantly use iPhones and we notice quite a difference in the font size when displayed on different phone models.  I would have thought if it is size 8 it should look the same regardless but his does not seem to be the case.  It seems it is almost impossible to get a consistent look across models.  Can anyone explain how best we can do this.

Regards

Graham White
Software Developer
Graham.White@...
EC Credit Control |  eccreditcontrol.com

IMPORTANT NOTICE: This e-mail message and any attachments are confidential to EC Credit Control and subject to legal privilege (which is not waived or

lost by mistaken delivery). If you have received this e-mail in error, please advise the sender immediately and destroy the message and any attachments.

If you are not the intended recipient you are notified that any use, distribution, amendment, copying or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance of

this message or attachments is prohibited. EC Credit Control collects personal information to provide and market our services (see our privacy policy at:

www.eccreditcontrol.co.nz – www.eccreditcontrol.com - www.eccreditcontrol.com.au for more information about use, disclosure and access).

EC Credit Control’s liability in connection with transmitting, unauthorised access to, or viruses in this message and its attachments is limited to resupply of

any affected message or attachments.

Re: Database initialization error

De Netwerkadviseur BV

Windows 10 Peer-to-Peer?
Is the Magic map placed into Program Files?
Which version of Btrieve are you using?

You should use Btrieve v10 or higher
The Magic map needs to be on map other than Program Files
Using another user other than local admin, you need Full Control on the map of Magic.

I want to help, but need a little more info.

BR, André

Re: clr.dll appcrash

clr.dll appcrash

Frigyesi Viktória

Hi All,

Client is using magic XPA 2.5, with internal network client/server architecture. For the last few days, apps are suddenly crashing, esp. when 1+ Magic windows are open. The error message refers to clr.dll. No changes in environment, and in applications. What could be the cause, what needs to be checked? Magic helps refers to sn.exe, that the DLL is not strongly signed, but Magic applications worked for 20+ years, XPA for the last 5 ys, so I don’t think this is the case.

Error message is in Hungarian, but may help:

Any help is strongly appreciated.

Kr,

Viktoria

Re: Database initialization error

Andres Quintas

Windows 10

Which OS? Where did you put the Magic 8.3 map? Is there a policy to make Windows Register ReadOnly?

The map with CTL and with DATA need full control.

BR, André

Re: Database initialization error

De Netwerkadviseur BV

Which OS? Where did you put the Magic 8.3 map? Is there a policy to make Windows Register ReadOnly?

The map with CTL and with DATA need full control.

BR, André

Re: Database initialization error

Andres Quintas

Yes, full control in this folder