Date

Re: Studio XPA 3 and 4.7 on same workstation, IIS and RIA, how to set brokers #ria #xpa

Andreas Sedlmeier

You have to check the IIS application pool settings for your Requester installation. Use two different application pools and you should be fine I guess.

Re: Studio XPA 3 and 4.7 on same workstation, IIS and RIA, how to set brokers #ria #xpa

aa bbb

I need it concurrent some time before switch completely to 4.7.
I also noticed that both mgreq*. dll have same name, but tried to disable one in IIS when using other, and vice versa, and restart IIS each time.

When I had same case with previous concurrent versions eg 1.9/2.1, it wasn't case, IIS couldn't be confused because dll had different names.
Btw, also checked registry, and can find two different path to requester. Web config also have two.
Where is difference when decide which one will run after restart IIS?

Re: Studio XPA 3 and 4.7 on same workstation, IIS and RIA, how to set brokers #ria #xpa

Andreas Sedlmeier

On Tue, Nov 17, 2020 at 12:53 PM, aa bbb wrote:
What else could be?
Can two Studio versions run on same machine?
Basically no because the requester DLL reads the .INI (mgreq.ini) when its loaded and it loads only once when you have multiple studio installations.

In the past it was able to workaround with "highly isolated IIS instances". Thats however IIS6 or so. I think you can try with different application pools for your IIS - Im not an IIS Expert.

I would run Broker, IIS and runtime in a docker container, then you can have as much instances as you want on a single machine / cluster.

There's only a license problem then. Magic and modern DevOps is two different worlds.

Besides above I think multiple studio installations will raise issues because its registered in HKLM (local machine)

Studio XPA 3 and 4.7 on same workstation, IIS and RIA, how to set brokers #ria #xpa

aa bbb

3 is on port 5115, 4.7 is on port 5135.
In all ini's of 4.7, port number is changed from 5115 to 5135,
IIS is reseted after every change
Starting manually any RC program from 4.7 Studio, end with message "The application could not log you on. Make sure your user ID and password are correct".
Server in message is correctly show as (local iis web name) -> xxxx/5135
Application (is app name).

I have no idea what to check beside magic.ini, mgrb.ini, mgreq.ini.
In IIS config I can see path to both dll on separate program files..
Virtual directories are separte on instalation of xpa (added sufix as version number).

What else could be?
Can two Studio versions run on same machine?

Message for group

aa bbb

3 is on port 5115, 4.7 is on port 5135.
In all ini's of 4.7, port number is changed from 5115 to 5135,
IIS is reseted after every change
Starting manually any RC program from 4.7 Studio, end with message "The application could not log you on. Make sure your user ID and password are correct".
Server in message is correctly show as (local iis web name) -> xxxx/5135
Application (is app name).

I have no idea what to check beside magic.ini, mgrb.ini, mgreq.ini.
In IIS config I can see path to both dll on separate program files..
Virtual directories are separte on instalation of xpa (added sufix as version number).

What else could be?
Can two Studio versions run on same machine?

Re: Web Service Lite or HTTPCall()?

Andreas Sedlmeier

Hi Mike,

Advantage of the Web Service Lite operation/gateway is, that a method invocation its a single atomic operation.

Disadvantage: Its not an atomic thing but actually a http request with multiple points of failure.

So I would go for HTTP requests, that gives you more control and if possible not by using Magic Http functions but an externl solution or .NET snipplets.

Its much easier then to handle errors when you hve full control over the protocol.

You can start with Web Service Lite and replace it by a programmatic solution based on htpp if you see that you run often in problems

Re: New install of uniPaaS 1.9p Issues

Stephen Saxton

Thanks Rob, as soon as I get full access to the computer again, I'll see about changing the DEP settings for uniStudio.exe.

I did look at the Event Viewer, and there ARE Application Errors pointing to the uniStudio.exe.

Will keep everybody posted.

Thanks again for pointing me in the right direction.

Stephen (Steve) Saxton
AMS
Director of Customer Support and Software Installation Manager
CABS²
Senior Magic Software Engineer/IT Help Desk
954-330-7894
SKYPE:  ssaxton2
Retired USAF TSgt