Date

Re: Subform Interaction Needed

sherman levine

Can you have a handler for e.g. UA10 in the parent task scope subtree which redraws subform 1.
Subform2 raises the UA10 event in RS
Sherm

On 11/22/2020 8:44 AM, Todd Baremore wrote:
JK,

This is a little overkill, but give it a try.
In the parent task create a virtual time variable and name it "Subform  Update Time"
In the argument list for Subform 2 add "Subform Update Time"
In Subform 1 Record Prefix add an update to "Subform Update Time" with Time() - this is overkill, but if it works you can condition the update later.

Todd
On 11/22/2020 3:14 AM, Jakes du Preez wrote:
I haven't done front end development in magic since 1.9, so not sure whether it would still work. What I used to do was to have a toggle parameter for each sub form. Whenever I wanted a sub form to refresh I would just toggle the parameter value. It could be Yes/No, True/False, 1/0.

So, if you change a record in SubForm1, you update the toggle parameter of SubForm2, and it should reload the view.

Jakes du Preez

On 21 Nov 2020, at 20:30, JK Heydt <john@...> wrote:

I have a parent program with two subforms; Subform A and Subform B. Both Subforms have the same record view. When I add a record in Subform A, I would like to see it instantly appear in Subform B.

Can't get it to work. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Re: Subform Interaction Needed

Todd Baremore

[...]

JK Heydt

Thanks Jakes. That worked. Only caveat is I have to close subform A to automatically refresh subform B.

See

Re: Subform Interaction Needed

Jakes du Preez <dupreez.jakes@...>

I haven't done front end development in magic since 1.9, so not sure whether it would still work. What I used to do was to have a toggle parameter for each sub form. Whenever I wanted a sub form to refresh I would just toggle the parameter value. It could be Yes/No, True/False, 1/0.

So, if you change a record in SubForm1, you update the toggle parameter of SubForm2, and it should reload the view.

Jakes du Preez

On 21 Nov 2020, at 20:30, JK Heydt <john@...> wrote:

I have a parent program with two subforms; Subform A and Subform B. Both Subforms have the same record view. When I add a record in Subform A, I would like to see it instantly appear in Subform B.

Can't get it to work. Any ideas?

Thanks!

magix xpa 4.0 demo web client

Roman Goldenberg

Hi,
I'm trying to create angular project via menu web -> general web application in magic xpa 4.0 demo.
I built everything according to a video guide in magicweb.io, but folder Magic below app folder was not created.
What I'm doing wrong.

Thanks for help

Re: Android Interface Build Problem #android

iluvmagic@...

This is how we managed to solved our issues. At first we upgraded directly from 3.3c to 3.3g. It got messy after that. Good thing we have a snapshot of the server. We rolled the server back.

Then did the following steps instead.

1) We installed a new installation of 3.3g in another PC.
2) We upgraded the server from 3.3c to 3.3h
3) In our server, we backup my android folder under C:\Program Files (x86)\MSE\Magic xpa 3.3\RIAModules\Android. Also backup the IOS folder too.
4) We upgraded our server from 3.3c to 3.3g.
5) We deleted Android folder and IOS folder in our server and copied the Android folder and IOS folder from a fresh install.
6) We slowly brought in each scripts from the backup and edited the android manifest file to put in entries from the old android manifest.
7) Did the same for google-services.json.

It ran smoothly after that.

Subform Interaction Needed

JK Heydt

I have a parent program with two subforms; Subform A and Subform B. Both Subforms have the same record view. When I add a record in Subform A, I would like to see it instantly appear in Subform B.

Can't get it to work. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Converting to v4.6 or 4.7

Tom Worthen

Is there someone that has converted to xpa 4.6 or 4.7 and would be willing to answer some questions? Maybe even talk on the phone about it?

We currently are running xpa 3.2 but are considering moving forward. We currently have projects using RIA, HTML merge, batch processes and a web service.

Are there any things to be aware of, any things you wish you had known before converting?

Are there things in 4.6 or 4.7 that are better than previous versions that led you to convert?

Is converting to 4.6 or 4.7 similar to the older conversions where it was just a matter of export and import or is there more involved?

I know that MSE no longer includes systinet with the product but does anyone know if it still works with xpa if you have an application that is already using it?

Thanks,

Tom

Re: Help with Web Service

Pavel Mencl

I was afraid of that. I've never done it with http functions, I know I'm asking a lot but would you have the patience to craft the check_login call for me?
And I'll take it from there. But no pressure,please.
Best
Pavel

Re: Web Service Lite or HTTPCall()?

Andreas Sedlmeier

On Fri, Nov 20, 2020 at 11:18 AM, Mike Bannon wrote:
Similarly, when you suggest using an external solution, or .NET, what problem is this a solution for?
It helps when things get unreliable and you get decent error codes, can set timeouts, ...
Also performance is much better and the protocols support.

Re: Help with Web Service

Andreas Sedlmeier

I suppose that WSDL is too complex for a poor implementation of a parser. It's a bug and you cannot do much besides reporting it. Craft your own requests and use http instead of WS Lite.

Re: Looking into Magic

Todd Baremore

Michal,

A good place to start is the MasteringMagicXPA.pdf file that is installed in the \support folder.  I recommend reading chapters in this order: 1,2,3,17,4.....

A few youtube links that you will find helpful

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCiQ36MBQQBp5HFQ_qjDz-hQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XzgXIx0Rjf4

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLJrMcsSfB2JfFPqg6G45Rc0BKvVyTpKcS

Welcome to Magic!
Todd
On 11/19/2020 11:04 PM, michal.gordon via groups.io wrote:

Hi everyone.
I'm looking in getting into MAgic. Any thoughts or tips on how to go about it?

Thanks,
Michal

Looking into Magic

michal.gordon@...

Hi everyone.
I'm looking in getting into MAgic. Any thoughts or tips on how to go about it?

Thanks,
Michal

Re: Web Service Lite or HTTPCall()?

Mike Bannon

Hi Andreas - thanks for your response.

The thing is, I’ve been using Magic’s own HTTP functions happily & successfully for many years across a number of projects and web services. At the moment, I can’t see what WS Lite gives me that I don’t already have – apart, perhaps, from being another tool to give me some interpretation of the WSDL.

Similarly, when you suggest using an external solution, or .NET, what problem is this a solution for?

Regards

Mike