Date

Re: DataviewToXML - uniPaaS 1.9

Steven Blank

Lado,

Have you tried passing just the '@' character in the DataViewToXML() function's print Var names argument?

If so and this doesn't work to your liking, it seems to me that you'll need to go brute-force by constructing your own list.

Assume that virtual variable A is an ANSI Blob variable containing the comma-delimited list of print Var names.

I can think of a couple of ways to populate this list: looping through the vector returned by the DataViewVars() function; looping through the variable stack using the VarName() function; calling a Direct SQL task to query the underlying database schema.

However you construct this list, instead of passing the ANSI Blob variable in the third argument directly, pass the following expression instead:

XMLVal(A)

HTH.

Steven G. Blank
SGBlank Consulting

On 12/1/2020 11:53 AM, Lado Wali wrote:
Hi Group,

When we export the data through the DataviewToXML function, the third parameter "Print  Variable List" fills the space with "_" and also adds "_" for "#".
Is there any way we can fill the heading of the exported file the same as the column name from the data table?

Thanks
Lado

Re: Insert contents of variable into edit field while entering data. XPA 3.3

Graham White

Perfect.  Thanks Andy

Regards
Graham

Re: Insert contents of variable into edit field while entering data. XPA 3.3

Andy Jerison

You know its initial position and how many characters you've inserted. All you have to do is raise the right number of next character events.

On Tue, Dec 1, 2020, 14:50 Graham White <graham.white@...> wrote:
Thanks Jacek that does the trick.  I now just have to figure out how to move the cursor to postion it after the inserted field because it returns to the beginning of the field.

Regards
Graham

DataviewToXML - uniPaaS 1.9

Lado Wali

Hi Group,

When we export the data through the DataviewToXML function, the third parameter "Print  Variable List" fills the space with "_" and also adds "_" for "#".
Is there any way we can fill the heading of the exported file the same as the column name from the data table?

Thanks
Lado

Re: Insert contents of variable into edit field while entering data. XPA 3.3

Graham White

Thanks Jacek that does the trick.  I now just have to figure out how to move the cursor to postion it after the inserted field because it returns to the beginning of the field.

Regards
Graham

Re: Suppress Warning when "No records within defined range..." event occurs

JK Heydt

The dong sounds when I add a dynamic range expression and there are no records in the new view. The system raises the EmptyDataview() event and I can trap it. But raising a warning in the handler does not suppress the dong. It only presents another message.

Am I doing it wrong?

Re: Insert contents of variable into edit field while entering data. XPA 3.3

jaceks@...

Hi Graham,

this should do that:

Ins(EditGet(),'AAA',CaretPosGet(),Len('AAA'))

Regards
Jacek

Re: Error The application object cannot be read

Friedrich Geisler-Buckert

Hi Omar,

did you create ECI-files for the changed components and reload them in the main application?

Best regards

Friedrich

Re: Script Error when using a direct link for video on XPA Browser. #xpa #ria

Friedrich Geisler-Buckert

Hi Darren,

what do you mean with xpa-brower?

To display a link in a xpa application i would use the .NET-Browser Control

https://docs.microsoft.com/de-de/dotnet/api/system.windows.forms.webbrowser?view=net-5.0

There is a property  WebBrowser.ScriptErrorsSuppressed

Best regards
Friedrich

Script Error when using a direct link for video on XPA Browser. #xpa #ria

Darren

Good day!

Maybe someone could help me why I keep getting Script error when putting a direct video link on my XPA Browser?. I tried it directly on internet explorer and it works just fine.
I'm using browser on a rich client.

Best Regards,
Darren

Re: Insert contents of variable into edit field while entering data. XPA 3.3

Callum@...

Hi Graham,

This could get a bit messy but you could try something along the lines of, in your F6 event:

Save the current clipboard to a blob (ClipRead function)
Overwrite the clipboard with the data you want to insert (ClipWrite / ClipAdd functions)
Raise a paste event (hopefully, now you have the end result you wanted...)

Then to be polite but the original clipboard back from the blob you saved it to in the first step.  Not sure if this would work in the F6 event or you may have to do it when the user exits the control...
Worth a shot...

Re: Insert contents of variable into edit field while entering data. XPA 3.3

Keith Canniff

Graham,

So I guess I'm confused on what you want to use to paste with. But let's try this...

You could have a memory table of just numbers (let's say 1-1000), that when the user presses F6, the memory table appears and you use varname(record number), catcher(record number) which shows the name of every field in the memory stack and it's cause. The users selects the value they want, and in takes suffix of the memory pick list raise an event of KBPUT(value selected from the list) which will inset the value into the last cursor position of the field they were in before pressing F6.

If you want the value from the clipboard, you could add a button to the pick list program to copy the clipboard instead

Keith

That kind of works except in my test EditGet() contains the whole contents of the edit field.  So.. if I enter 12345678 and then move the cursor between 4 and 5 and do the EditGet() i get 12345678 but what I want is to paste my field between the 4 and 5.

regards
Graham

Re: Insert contents of variable into edit field while entering data. XPA 3.3

Graham White

Hi Andy,

That kind of works except in my test EditGet() contains the whole contents of the edit field.  So.. if I enter 12345678 and then move the cursor between 4 and 5 and do the EditGet() i get 12345678 but what I want is to paste my field between the 4 and 5.

regards
Graham

Re: Insert contents of variable into edit field while entering data. XPA 3.3

Andy Jerison

Look at EditGet() and, if I remember right, EditSet(). You'd use an expression like this: EditSet(Trim(EditGet()) + Trim(MyVar)). I can't remember the concatenation operator — replace my plus sign with it.

On Mon, Nov 30, 2020, 21:41 Graham White <graham.white@...> wrote:

Hi,

I want to implement functionality similar to the Windows Paste (Ctrl-V) within a edit field in an XPA Program.  I want the user to be in an edit field entering data and then be able to press a key (e.g. F6) that would then trigger an event to paste the contents of a variable into the field where the cursor is and then allow them to continue entering more data In the field.  I know I could put the contents of the field in the clip board where Ctrl-V would paste it but that wouldn’t work if they overwrote the clipboard.

Has anyone achieved this within XPA?

Regards

Graham White
Software Developer
Graham.White@...
EC Credit Control |  eccreditcontrol.com

IMPORTANT NOTICE: This e-mail message and any attachments are confidential to EC Credit Control and subject to legal privilege (which is not waived or

lost by mistaken delivery). If you have received this e-mail in error, please advise the sender immediately and destroy the message and any attachments.

If you are not the intended recipient you are notified that any use, distribution, amendment, copying or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance of

this message or attachments is prohibited. EC Credit Control collects personal information to provide and market our services (see our privacy policy at:

www.eccreditcontrol.co.nz – www.eccreditcontrol.com - www.eccreditcontrol.com.au for more information about use, disclosure and access).

EC Credit Control’s liability in connection with transmitting, unauthorised access to, or viruses in this message and its attachments is limited to resupply of

any affected message or attachments.

[...]

oldone

A few of us researched with no definitive answer on error control. The best plan that I have seen is to enable an empty
data view with an event to present a message and disable the locate.

It is somewhat awkward but works for us. There might have been a better answer.

don

Re: Two row button control

Ramon de Wit

Thanks everybody for the answers….!