Date

Re: #xpa #askmembers #howto #askmembers #howto #xpa

Wes Hein

In the Data View tab,

Select the foreign key, say to your vendor.  Below that line Ctrl-H these are your options

Once you pick an option, select the key (in this case, they key of the vendors unique ID), then use the locate from and to to 'find' the related record.

Expression 32 in this case points to the APVendor variable
Look up Link Definition in help, it has some 'help' but also links to the Mastering XPA document which has more detail

Lots more to it but this should get you started

Wes

Re: #xpa #askmembers #howto #askmembers #howto #xpa

tomasbalbinder@...

I would like to connect two tables.

Re: #xpa #askmembers #howto #askmembers #howto #xpa

tomasbalbinder@...

Hello, I use Win10 my monitor resolution is FHD+ so how can I set up text in Magic xpa for bigger? I don't want to use typically setting text in win10 because I change everything. And my other question is if it exists some website for beginners where can I study. Thank you

Re: url_encode text with some function in Magic (1.9)

per-olof.hermansson@...

I used UTF8FromANSI() on the message before POST or Curl, and that worked!!

Thanks Andreas,

You are a rock! (as we say in Swedish!)

Per-Olof

Re: Suppress Warning when "No records within defined range..." event occurs

JK Heydt

Magic Support gave me the solution:

Add the following to the Magic.ini
[MAGIC_SPECIALS]
SpecialBeepOnWarning =N

Problem solved!

Re: #xpa #askmembers #howto #askmembers #howto #xpa

Wes Hein

Welcome to the magic group!

Wes

Re: #xpa #askmembers #howto #askmembers #howto #xpa

Wes Hein

Unfotunately Microsoft controls the size of those items.  When we run our application via RemoteApp we just go to Ease Of Use and set the 'Make text bigger'.  Really annoying on my own system however.

Maybe someone else has a solution I don't know about.

Wes

#xpa #askmembers #howto #askmembers #howto #xpa

tomasbalbinder@...

Hello, I am beginning with magic xpa, everything is alright but I have a big problem with the size of the menu. Everything is pretty small and I don't know how to change it. Icons, menubar everything I need bigger.

Thank you for your advice.

Re: url_encode text with some function in Magic (1.9)

Andreas Sedlmeier

Hi Per-Olof,

I am wondering if that SMS server actually expects UTF-8 and if its for this reason why you run into trouble with your special characters in your message.

Try to encode your ANSI text to UTF-8 before you send the message.

As far as I remember the name of the function you have to use is UTF8FromANSI().

If that does not help you should also try to add a http header with Content-Type=text;enoding=UTF-8 (or something like that)

Im sure your server can process UTF-8

Exchange Connector in XPI

Mark Bertelsman <mark.bertelsman@...>

Hello All.

Using XPI 4.9 and I'm attempting to use the Exchange connector to retrieve emails but it's honestly making no sense to me at all. Does anyone have a sample project or a tutorial they can point me to?

Many thanks

Re: url_encode text with some function in Magic (1.9)

per-olof.hermansson@...

Thanks for the suggestion; I'll consider that if I don't find any other way!

Re: url_encode text with some function in Magic (1.9)

per-olof.hermansson@...

Thanks for the suggestion, but if I enter Å, Ä, Ö, å, ä, ö I just get the same characters: Å, Ä, Ö, å, ä, ö

I should get %C3%85%2C%20%C3%84%2C%20%C3%96%2C%20%C3%A5%2C%20%C3%A4%2C%20%C3%B6

according to:
https://www.w3schools.com/tags/ref_urlencode.ASP

Re: url_encode text with some function in Magic (1.9)

Steven Blank

Per-Olaf,

Take a look at the XMLVal() function. I think this will return what you want in a single call.

Steven G. Blank
SGBlank Consulting

Just make two column table - this char encodes to this 1. Loop through each string character at a time linking to and biuld new encoded string