Date

Re: HTTPCALL XPA3.3 (windows10 and windows server 2008 R2); same application, 2 differend results

Andreas Sedlmeier

Which browser do you use to see it working on Windows Server 2008 ? Maybe you have to activate TLS 1.2 on that system. You could check what the TLS version is for your connection with a network monitor.

Re: Park Error

Undix InformatieSystemen

Thanks, Steven, for your answer, but if it's not one of your suggestions. In the mean time I have copied the program from my last backup and make the necessary changes (I hope I still knew them) and now it runs OK.
Thanks anyway. Regards, Teun van Unen

Re: EAN13 barcode

Humberto C

Thanks Stefano.

El lunes, 19 de abril de 2021 12:22:33 p. m. GMT-5, Stefano Giusto <sgiusto@...> escribió:

Hi Humberto,
you can use zint
it is a library but also an executable for windows
you call the exe and the program will create a jpg image with the barcode
then with a file2blob call you can have your image of the barcode available for printing in a report
using zint you can create all type of linear or 2d barcodes.
BR
  Stefano

Re: Park Error

Steven Blank

Teun,

I think I misunderstood you.

I have also seen an error like this while working in the Studio (NOT at runtime) when I tried to Zoom from a cross reference into the source task after the source of the cross reference got moved or deleted. In this case, the problem that is being indicated is that the cross reference is no longer in sync with the source code. In this case,the "fix" is to delete the cross reference and perform a new Find Reference search.

Steven G. Blank
SGBlank Consulting

Re: Park Error

Steven Blank

Teun,

This error does not necessarily result from a programming mistake or task corruption. You will receive this error, for example, if the current row gets deleted by another user in a multi-user application, but you will also receive this error if the currently parked-on row gets deleted by another process, in a single-user application.

As an example of the latter, suppose your primary task is Online, Query Mode, and displays rows in a table control with no record locking. Further suppose that this online program allows the user to call a Batch, Delete Mode task (by Zoom or button-click, whatever), passing the currently parked-on row's unique identifier. Finally suppose that this called batch task Ranges solely on the one, passed unique identifier.

In this scenario, assuming the called batch task completed successfully, when execution returns to the calling task, the error you cited will be displayed, because the currently parked-on row no longer exists. Be aware that the specific timing of this error's appearance is affected largely by the online task's Cache Strategy.

Finally, don't forget that, since v10, Magic also supports "parallel tasks" – Magic-speak for multi-threading, and another opportunity for a single-user application to trigger this error.

HTH.

Steven G. Blank
SGBlank Consulting

On 4/21/2021 3:05 AM, Undix InformatieSystemen wrote:
Dear Magicians,
I get 'Park Error. Item may have been deleted. ( Row ISN not found)
I can't rememeber what I've deleted to generate this error. I have exported and imported the whole application, but the error remains.
Can somebody tells me how to solve (if possible) ? It's uniPaaS 1.9p.
TIA, Teun van Unen

Re: Access to extract users with their rights and groups

Wes Hein

Another option is to keep your own database of users/passwords/rights, skip the magic logon and write your own.  Then if they successfully login, call a batch task that logs in as supervisor, deletes and rewrites the user using the functions to do so with their rights in your database, then logs them in.  May be more work than you want to do though.  I have experimented with this and it works, the key of course is that the routine must know the supervisor password but you could store that somewhere as well.

Wes

Re: Access to extract users with their rights and groups

Andreas Sedlmeier

If you are logged in as Supervisor you can use functions UserAdd and GroupAdd to modify the security file.

Re: Access to extract users with their rights and groups

Danica Majernikova

Hi Rob,

I don’t think you can re-create/modify security file out of Magic system. Passwords are not accessible at all.