Date

Re: Runtime doesn't take focus [XPA 4.7]

Frederik Soete

Hi Florian,

I have not used XPA 4 in a serious way as of yet. But I think this is an older bug. XPA 3 also has its occasions where you start a runtime, and no window is visible. In those cases, I stop the runtime, and restart it again. This fixes it.

Bye,

Frederik Soete

Runtime doesn't take focus [XPA 4.7]

Florian Groothuis

When I run a project from the studio the runtime of that project normally takes focus, at least, that's what I'm used to. But when I run a projects from XPA 4.7 Studio the focus stays on the studio instead of the started project. Is that a setting somewhere?

Re: XPA Databases

JK Heydt

Thanks for the added comments Luux!

  • I use the community version but good to know AD is supported in Enterprise. I would definitely prefer this but more $$.
  • I only need to rename databases on the back end when set up new instances of the database for a new client. No more RENAME DATABASE!
  • Thanks for the CROSS APPLY link. This will make my life easier.
  • Sharing is caring!

Re: XPA Databases

On 2-5-2021 13:42, JK Heydt wrote:
David:

I use MySQL coming from TSQL because MySQL is supported by the more affordable express licence..  Couple of lessons I had to learn when coming from TSQL:

  • MySQL doesn't support active directory authentication. I invoke 'cmd /c whoami > %WorkingDir%User.txt' i the main program and read the results from the file. Then crete users each time using UserDel, User Add, and RightAdd based on matching table values. It's a pain but it works great once you set it up.

"MySQL Enterprise Edition supports an authentication method that enables MySQL Server to use LDAP (Lightweight Directory Access Protocol) to authenticate MySQL users by accessing directory services such as X.500. MySQL uses LDAP to fetch user, credential, and group information.", see: https://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/8.0/en/ldap-pluggable-authentication.html

  • MySQL doesn't support cross apply in SQL. You have to join to expressions or CTEs. It does the same thing just not as elegantly.

Possible since MySQL8.0.14, see: join - CROSS/OUTER APPLY in MySQL - Stack Overflow

  • You can't rename databases. You have to copy data to a new database and drop the old one.
Why would anyone need to rename a database in an application?
  • You can't delete records from a table using a subquery using the same table in the where or from claus (for example when trying to remove duplicate records based on top record subqueries)  It's a pain, and I'm still struggling with the best way to do this.
  • You can't start a use Begin Tran, Commit, or Rollback on a single transaction. You have to use the workbench interface and it effects the entire database until the transaction is completed.
  • There is no Top X clause (select top 10  from table).. You have to use the workbench and the effect is also global
In MySQL you have to use LIMIT and/of OFFSET, see: MySQL :: MySQL 8.0 Reference Manual :: 13.2.10 SELECT Statement
Other than that most of the syntax between MySQL and TSQL is the same,

Re: XPA Databases

JK Heydt

[...]

XPA Databases

David

Hello

I'm curious about what kind of DB's (Gateways) are used out there with Magic XPA 4.x
Do some of you want to share their experience and maybe
point out issues or severe reasons "to not use" a specific gateway? It would be used for bigger
Applications in a Multiuser-Environment (Windows Server-Client, LAN)

What about Postgre?
Or MS SQL?
Actian Zen?
and others...

I'am tempted to go for Postgre despite not having experience in combination with XPA...

Thanks

Re: Magic XPA 4.7.1 Web Client - Single User Edition

De Netwerkadviseur BV

Hi Paul,

Ask your local Magic distributor for a tempary studio license. May be they are willing and so you will have the possibility to investigate.

Kind regards,
André

Magic XPA 4.7.1 Web Client - Single User Edition

Paul Studd

Hello Magicians,

I want to have a play with Magic XPA 4.7.1 Web Client.  But my Express licence will not let me do that.

Would a single user licence give me access to Web Client functionality?  If so, how can I get a 4.7.1 single user licence please?

Regards,

Paul Studd

Re: Office365 email

Steven Blank

Todd,

I Googled "RCPT command failed" and received a number of promising hits having to do with failed or improper authentication.

HTH.

Steven G. Blank
SGBlank Consulting

On 4/26/2021 9:44 AM, Todd Baremore wrote:
XPA3.3a

I'm able to connect to an office365 relay using MailConnect(). MailSend() returns -67, which I'm unable to find any references to in either XAP or Office 365

Any suggestions?

Todd

Re: Office365 email

Frederik Soete

RCPT = recipient?

Op ma 26 apr. 2021 19:23 schreef Todd Baremore <tbaremor@...>:

Using MailError (yeah I know) -67 means "The RCPT command failed. The
specified account does not exist"
Not sure what this means.

Todd

On 4/26/2021 12:44 PM, Todd Baremore wrote:
> XPA3.3a
>
> I'm able to connect to an office365 relay using MailConnect().
> MailSend() returns -67, which I'm unable to find any references to in
> either XAP or Office 365
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> Todd

Re: Office365 email

Todd Baremore

Using MailError (yeah I know) -67 means "The RCPT command failed. The specified account does not exist"
Not sure what this means.

Todd

On 4/26/2021 12:44 PM, Todd Baremore wrote:
XPA3.3a

I'm able to connect to an office365 relay using MailConnect(). MailSend() returns -67, which I'm unable to find any references to in either XAP or Office 365

Any suggestions?

Todd

Re: Convert HTML to PDF

Marvin VIDAL

Hello,

I may suggest a third party tool, to be executed from the server side. You may invoke it as OS Command, for instance:

Regards,

Marvin VIDAL

On Mon, Apr 26, 2021 at 12:56 AM Avgerinos <mento@...> wrote:
Thanks Steven, but I 'm trying to figure out of a solution within Magic
Magic is running on a remote server engine, on which I have very limited
access.
I am not allowed to install any additional software or drivers.

On 25/4/2021 8:34 μ.μ., Steven Blank wrote:
> Avgerinos,
>
> IMO, the most straightforward method would be to install a PDF printer
> driver, such as Acrobat Distiller, and then just print.
>
> Steven G. Blank
> SGBlank Consulting
>

> On 4/25/2021 5:32 AM, Avgerinos wrote:
>> Hi magicians
>>
>> In an XPA3.3 desktop app, I have an HTML-file stored in a blob field
>> What is the most straightforward way to save it as a PDF file?
>>
>> Thanks in advance
>> Avgerinos

Office365 email

Todd Baremore

XPA3.3a

I'm able to connect to an office365 relay using MailConnect(). MailSend() returns -67, which I'm unable to find any references to in either XAP or Office 365

Any suggestions?

Todd

Re: FIleDlg and mapped networkdrives

Sabrina Horst

Thanks Marc.. this worked for me.

Re: FIleDlg and mapped networkdrives

Sabrina Horst

Sorry for the late response.

You are right. this is the issue. Strange I have an administrator account which I use to log in on this server.

Re: Convert HTML to PDF

Avgerinos

Thanks Steven, but I 'm trying to figure out of a solution within Magic
Magic is running on a remote server engine, on which I have very limited access.
I am not allowed to install any additional software or drivers.

On 25/4/2021 8:34 μ.μ., Steven Blank wrote:
Avgerinos,

IMO, the most straightforward method would be to install a PDF printer driver, such as Acrobat Distiller, and then just print.

Steven G. Blank
SGBlank Consulting

On 4/25/2021 5:32 AM, Avgerinos wrote:
Hi magicians

In an XPA3.3 desktop app, I have an HTML-file stored in a blob field
What is the most straightforward way to save it as a PDF file?

Thanks in advance
Avgerinos

Re: Convert HTML to PDF

gac@...

Hello,

Very easy to use : https://www.win2pdf.com

Best regards.

Re: Convert HTML to PDF

Steven Blank

Avgerinos,

IMO, the most straightforward method would be to install a PDF printer driver, such as Acrobat Distiller, and then just print.

Steven G. Blank
SGBlank Consulting

On 4/25/2021 5:32 AM, Avgerinos wrote:
Hi magicians

In an XPA3.3 desktop app, I have an HTML-file stored in a blob field
What is the most straightforward way to save it as a PDF file?

Thanks in advance
Avgerinos

Convert HTML to PDF

Avgerinos

Hi magicians

In an XPA3.3 desktop app, I have an HTML-file stored in a blob field
What is the most straightforward way to save it as a PDF file?

Thanks in advance
Avgerinos

Re: Access to extract users with their rights and groups

Lado Wali

Danica,

Ok Great. It worked.

Thanks much
Lado

On Fri, Apr 23, 2021 at 10:01 AM Danica Majernikova <danka32@...> wrote:
Lado,
I tried to import the xml file to XPA, but I got an error message. So I imported the xml file to excel CSV and then CSV to Magic xpa  file.