Date

Re: Looking for advice to replace an ActiveX

Todd Baremore

Marc,

Steve Blank demoed an "IP listener" solution at a Brown Bag a couple of years ago.  You can specify TCP or UDP and the port #.  I customized it for my use and it works well.  I demo it for you and send you an export of the program later this week.
Todd
On 5/10/2021 8:24 AM, Marc Gauthier wrote:

Hi,

I'm upgrading a Magic 9 application that was using Microsoft Winsock Control 6.0 ActiveX.

The code in v9 is extremely simple

We connect to the IP and a specific port using winsock.Connect and in a loop we read winsock.data

Each time we receive the data ó we call a batch job...

It's for an processing box on a conveyor.

What is the best way to reproduce the active X in XPA 3 ?

Thank Very much

Marc Gauthier

Re: Running XPA 4 on Remote Desktop

Marc Gauthier

Hi Jim,

We had issues with the scanning of long barcode - If your device used datawedge to decode barcode make sure you put Interchar delay of at least 2.

Set the the device to send an Enter after the scan. In magic we just trap the enter to do next field....This allow the user to scan a barcode ou type it manually and press enter (tab is usually not directly accesible on the keyboard scanner) if it's not readable...

Let me know if you need more info

HTH

Marc

Looking for advice to replace an ActiveX

Marc Gauthier

Hi,

I'm upgrading a Magic 9 application that was using Microsoft Winsock Control 6.0 ActiveX.

The code in v9 is extremely simple

We connect to the IP and a specific port using winsock.Connect and in a loop we read winsock.data

Each time we receive the data ó we call a batch job...

It's for an processing box on a conveyor.

What is the best way to reproduce the active X in XPA 3 ?

Thank Very much

Marc Gauthier

Re: XPA 4.7.1 RIA Android License error -119 ERR LICENSES EXCEEDED

Todd Baremore

Disregard.  I forgot to set the Deployment Mode to Background.

Todd

On 5/7/2021 4:01 PM, Todd Baremore wrote:
I'm trying to upgrade my RIA Android app from XPA3.2e to 4.7.1

In 3.2e and 3.3h  I'm able to run the project from the toolkit and have my laptop act as a server for my Android app.
In 4.7.1 I can see the first request from the Android app in the Broker monitor, but then I get -119 ERR LICENSES EXCEEDED.

I've been through the magic.ini, mgrb.ini and mgreq.ini files and they are correct. My toolkit license is for T=MGCSTK.  The toolkit works fine. I did not install the Web Client files during the install.

Any ideas?

Todd

XPA 4.7.1 RIA Android License error -119 ERR LICENSES EXCEEDED

Todd Baremore

I'm trying to upgrade my RIA Android app from XPA3.2e to 4.7.1

In 3.2e and 3.3h  I'm able to run the project from the toolkit and have my laptop act as a server for my Android app.
In 4.7.1 I can see the first request from the Android app in the Broker monitor, but then I get -119 ERR LICENSES EXCEEDED.

I've been through the magic.ini, mgrb.ini and mgreq.ini files and they are correct. My toolkit license is for T=MGCSTK.  The toolkit works fine. I did not install the Web Client files during the install.

Any ideas?

Todd

Re: Office365 email

Todd Baremore

It turned out to be a corporate HQ firewall in your neck of the woods that was causing the problem.  We're up and running. Thanks.
Todd
On 5/6/2021 11:23 AM, Andreas Sedlmeier wrote:

On Mon, Apr 26, 2021 at 06:44 PM, Todd Baremore wrote:
I'm able to connect to an office365 relay using MailConnect(). MailSend() returns -67, which I'm unable to find any references to in either XAP or Office 365
For me this sounds as if you did not configure the relay for outgoing mail properly.

Re: Office365 email

Andreas Sedlmeier

On Mon, Apr 26, 2021 at 06:44 PM, Todd Baremore wrote:
I'm able to connect to an office365 relay using MailConnect(). MailSend() returns -67, which I'm unable to find any references to in either XAP or Office 365
For me this sounds as if you did not configure the relay for outgoing mail properly.

Re: Runtime doesn't take focus [XPA 4.7]

George Stewart

I also had an issue with this, although it was sporadic. Try adding a .NET invoke to your main program task prefix to fetch the runtime window and then you can call BringToFront() on it. Something like:

using System.Windows.Forms;
Form mdiChildForm = Application.OpenForms["MDIClientForm"];
Form form = mdiChildForm.MdiParent;
form.BringToFront();

Bear in mind, this will probably only work if the Open task window option for the main program task is set to Yes.

Re: Running XPA 4 on Remote Desktop

Steven Burrows

You might want to play with SDI/MDI etc to get the desired effect which you didn’t have in v9, but it should generally work the same.

Steven Burrows