From: main@magicu-l.groups.io [mailto:main@magicu-l.groups.io] On Behalf Of GD
Sent: Tuesday, July 27, 2021 6:08 AM
To: main@magicu-l.groups.io
Subject: [magicu-l] Magic XPA 4.7 ERR THREAD ABORTED #xpa

Hi all,

I found this strange error on some programs, and once it shows up the program always goes fail and it needs to restart the broker in order to works again.
The program is correct, in fact, it works well maybe for a day or two then this error appear again.
I check some log but i can't figured it out what is the problem.

Did anyone experienced this problem?

Thanks

Magic XPA 4.7 ERR THREAD ABORTED #xpa

GD

Hi all,

I found this strange error on some programs, and once it shows up the program always goes fail and it needs to restart the broker in order to works again.
The program is correct, in fact, it works well maybe for a day or two then this error appear again.
I check some log but i can't figured it out what is the problem.

Did anyone experienced this problem?

Thanks

Re: ServerFiletoClient Path Error

Anton Doank

hi todd,
i have try this sample program using XPA RIA 4.62 and this is working. so i can said this issue is bug in XPA 4.72. any one have try run this in XPA 4.72 and got same error with me or not?, below is the capture that ticker is working in XPA 4.62 :

Re: ServerFiletoClient Path Error

Todd Baremore

Also check the logical names

Example:
TempDir = C:\Users\anton\AppData\Local\Temp\

there should be only 1 "\" at the end of the path.
Todd
On 7/26/2021 11:37 PM, Todd Baremore wrote:

Anton,

Three WAGs

1. Delete the appdata\local\temp folder and recreate it

2. Try creating a new local windows user account and running the Rich Internet Demo

3. Fall back to XPA 4.71.  If it works, you have found a bug in 4.72
Todd
On 7/26/2021 10:01 PM, Anton Doank wrote:
hi todd,
there is no field related to MgxpaRiaCache in server setting, there is Rich Client cache Path refer to path : c:\magicxpa472\RIACache. this is my screenshoot of my server setting. is there  anyone can open Rich Internet Demo on XPA 4.72? is this bug or just error on my installation.

[...]

Anton, check the Server tab in settings for any cache path values.

Todd

On Jul 26, 2021 9:00 AM, Anton Doank <anton@...> wrote:
hi tod,
yes dev-cloud.xyz.com is my name of pc i change the name now to myPC to make it more clear, When I run the Rich Internet Demo from my pc the folder is create succesfully like this
"C:\Users\admin\AppData\Local\Temp\MgxpaRIACache\myPC\Rich Internet Demo\C__MSE_xpa_47_SampleProjects_Rich Internet Demo_HTMLs_Ticker.htm"

but the ticker not show up and then show error that web browser cannot find the file. i already check the error is because magicXPA translate the path to :
"C:\Users\admin\AppData\Local\Temp\\MgxpaRIACache\myPC\Rich Internet Demo\C__MSE_xpa_47_SampleProjects_Rich Internet Demo_HTMLs_Ticker.htm"

between temp and MgxpaRiaCache path there is two "\", so it make the error it should be Temp\MgxpaRiaCache not  Temp\\MgxpaRiaCache

i use xpa 4.72, can we modify the path?

[...]

Using XPA 4.71

The web page path in Program 2 is
ServerFileToClient(Translate('%WorkingDir%')&'HTMLs\Ticker.htm')
which translates to
"C:\MSE\xpa_47\SampleProjects\Rich Internet Demo\HTMLs\Ticker.htm"
Do you have Ticker.htm installed?

When I run the Rich Internet Demo from my laptop, the following folder/file is created.
"C:\Users\tbaremor\AppData\Local\Temp\MgxpaRIACache\Laptop3\Rich Internet Demo\C__MSE_xpa_47_SampleProjects_Rich Internet Demo_HTMLs_Ticker.htm"
Laptop3 is the COMPUTERNAME of my laptop.

Is "dev-cloud.xyz.com" the name of your PC/laptop?
Todd
On 7/26/2021 4:49 AM, Anton Doank wrote:

hi guys,
can somebody tell me how to change default path when we using function ServerFiletoClient?iam trying using XPA 4.72 Rich Internet Demo when i Start the program there is error like this screen, when i verify warning the path return is like this : C:\Users\admin\AppData\Local\Temp\\MgxpaRIACache\dev-cloud.xyz.com\Rich Internet Demo
there is double \\ infront of MgxpaRIACache that make the file path not found. it should be like this C:\Users\admin\AppData\Local\Temp\MgxpaRIACache\dev-cloud.xyz.com\Rich Internet Demo

The question is how to solve this?can we change the default client location?

when i try open

ServerFiletoClient Path Error

Anton Doank

hi guys,
can somebody tell me how to change default path when we using function ServerFiletoClient?iam trying using XPA 4.72 Rich Internet Demo when i Start the program there is error like this screen, when i verify warning the path return is like this : C:\Users\admin\AppData\Local\Temp\\MgxpaRIACache\dev-cloud.xyz.com\Rich Internet Demo
there is double \\ infront of MgxpaRIACache that make the file path not found. it should be like this C:\Users\admin\AppData\Local\Temp\MgxpaRIACache\dev-cloud.xyz.com\Rich Internet Demo

The question is how to solve this?can we change the default client location?

when i try open

Re: Travel-agent demo from magicweb.io

Mike Moore

Tom, did you get this working?

Thank you.

From:        "Tom Worthen" <tworthen@...>
To:        "main@magicu-l.groups.io" <main@magicu-l.groups.io>
Date:        02/08/2021 12:41 PM
Subject:        Re: [magicu-l] Travel-agent demo from magicweb.io
Sent by:        main@magicu-l.groups.io

That is where I downloaded the app from and followed the instructions to get this setup this far. I can see the WebClientDemo in the broker along with our html merge app which was already there. So, I know that part is running. If you are not aware the app can be found under the DEMO.

I am just not sure how to get it to run? The URL they indicate to use does not work. I am wondering if it is an issue with the port 4200. They don’t mention any other way to execute it so I am at a loss.