Date

Re: Creating a file with Print Data PA3.3

Graham White

Hi Todd,

Thanks for that.  I know about the second answer you gave but I am trying to avoid excel opening because this is all happening in the background so we can email the sheets to clients.  I need to setup the stypes/coulours/fonts etc as well so i have found a way to write my data to the xml within the excel sheet and then zip it back up to become an xlsx file.  Works like a charm.

Regards
Graham

Call Systinet Webservice with attachment from command line CLI (Magic 3.2 )

Gábor Bor

Dear Magicians,

Does anyone know a solution to call a systinet webservice with an attachment from cli?

I have an external program with a normal parameter and an attachment (I catch it in the magic with WsProviderAttachmentGet(1)). Deployed to the Systinet. I successfully call it from SOAP UI and the Systinet's log environment shows that the SOAP UI makes a multipart request to the systinet. After i try to make it anyway, can't call it from the CLI.

Systinet's Ivocation console tried, but the attachment isn't visible thete either, so it isn't help.

If you have an idea to make it possibble, please share with me! Thank you!

Best regards,
Gábor

Actian Zen/PSQL 15 is available

Todd Baremore

Download from here:
https://esd.actian.com/product/Zen_PSQL

Available for purchase from Goldstarsoftware:
http://goldstarsoftware.com/prices15.asp

Todd

Re: Creating a file with Print Data PA3.3

Todd Baremore

Graham,

Upon further investigation I stumbled up upon this:
Use  Raise Event - Print Data.  The parameter "Type" can be specified.  By setting this to 1, an excel file will be created and opened.  The user will not be able to select which columns are exported.

If you set the Type to 2 a window will open with charting options.

This is documented here:

Home > Mastering Magic xpa > Reports > How Do I Let End Users Export Their Table's Data into an Excel File?

Todd
On 8/16/2021 8:11 AM, Todd Baremore wrote:

Graham,

You can create a csv file by selecting
Type: Text
Delimiter: Comma
String Identifier: Double Quoatation

Then use an Invoke OS to this utility program to convert csv to xlsx. It does NOT require that Office/Excel be installed
https://github.com/nmolinos/csv2excel/tree/master/csv2excel/bin/Release

C:\MSE\xpa_33>csv2excel
Usage: csv2excel.exe [OPTIONS]
Converts a given delimited file to an Excel format.

  -i, --in=inputfile               the inputfile to convert.
  -o, --out=outputfile        the path of the outputfile.
  -c, --coldel=delimiter     the delimiter separating columns of inputfile.
  -l, --linedel=delimiter    the delimiter separating lines of inputfile.
  -f, --format=format        the format for the output file [xls|xlsx].
  -t                                       force all cells in output worksheet to be of type Text
  -v                                      increase debug message verbosity
  -h, --help                         show this message and exit

e.g.: csv2excel.exe -i input.csv -c \t -l \r\n

Todd
On 8/15/2021 4:44 PM, Graham White wrote:
Hi Adrian,

Yes it does but creating an Excel file is not an option.

Regards
Graham

[...]

Adrian Wick

Doesnt "print data" open up a dialog box where u have 3 pages?
1. file name, type and action (create or create and open)
2. selection of variables
3. delimeters

just set on 1st page action to create only. Or are you talking about something else?

regards

Re: Pointers on Mobile OFFLINE mode

Todd Baremore

Christian,

Carefully read the "Developing Offline Rich Client Applications" documentation included with your install of XPA.  You can use Btrieve on the back end, but must use Local (see the DBMS list under settings) on the mobile device.  In my experience I found it easier and more reliable to write the application as 100% offline and then add the server data upload/download as needed. Before attempting any data synchronization, you should always check that the server is available. This will avoid crashes on the mobile app.
Todd
On 8/11/2021 11:22 PM, SILVESTRE, CHRISTIAN wrote:

Any good pointers on implementation of OFFLINE mode with BTRIEVE database?

Thanks in advance.

Pointers on Mobile OFFLINE mode

SILVESTRE, CHRISTIAN

Any good pointers on implementation of OFFLINE mode with BTRIEVE database?

Thanks in advance.

Re: [EXTERNAL]Re: [magicu-l] Magic Download Site

Wes Hein

I believe that 2.1 is actually an early XPA before they changed the name.  1.9p is the last real uniPaaS release.  The release notes for 2.2 talks about rebranding the name to XPA

Wes Hein

Principal Software Engineer

P: 503.751.2537

E: wes.hein@...

Springbrook Community

september_1st_webinar

The company accepts no liability for the content of this email, or for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided, unless that information is subsequently confirmed in writing. If you are not the intended recipient you are notified disclosing, copying, distributing or taking any action in reliance on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited.