Jakes du Preez <dupreez.jakes@...>

Do you have multiple indexes defined in your data view that are unique but with different index segments? Magic will implement the filter condition on the view depending on whichever index is used.

Jakes du Preez

On 28 Sep 2021, at 21:39, Danica Majernikova <danka32@...> wrote:

Hi Pavel,
have you converted original data to get the state you are talking about?
I had a similar problem with AS/400  a long time ago.

From: main@magicu-l.groups.io <main@magicu-l.groups.io> on behalf of Pavel Mencl <pavel.mencl@...>
Sent: September 28, 2021 5:26 AM
To: main@magicu-l.groups.io <main@magicu-l.groups.io>
Subject: [magicu-l] Duplicate index in Pervasive

Hi,
today I've encountered this weird thing,the fields are part of a Unique index but I can see duplicate values. Gets weirder though,when I range on Line=1, I see only one record (the second picture below). I mean, it only makes sense that there is only one such value but is it I see in the first view? When I export the data, there are duplicate values exactly as I see them. Are my eyes deceiving me? Any idea what is happening here?
It's Pervasive 10.30.
Thanks for any idea
Pavel

<dummyfile.0.part>
<dummyfile.1.part>

Re: Duplicate index in Pervasive

Pavel Mencl

Steve,
as ever you've hit the nail right on the head, there are negative values. This is a 20+ years old design where in the past below zero values were used as temporary, later we switched to a different approach and happily forgot about this.
Thank you very much.
Pavel

Record Counter Prior to Stat(0,'D')

buster reinke

Hi all, I am having an issue with a batch task that used to work fine in UniPaaS 1.9, but it is not working in XPA as it should. Prior to deleting a record, I run a batch task to count any records that are linked to the one I am trying to delete. If any records exist, I want the user to first delete the linked records. However, this batch task is sometimes indicating that records exist, when there actually are not any. I did some checking and the batch task is actually counting linked records for the next record, as if I had already deleted the one I am parked on. Stat(0,'D') triggers the record counter, and I have it in the Record Suffix. Is it possible that the record delete function is being carried out prior to triggering the record counter batch file, and it is actually counting linked records for the next record? I tried putting it in Task Suffix, but it didn't trigger the batch task?

Thanks,

Buster

Re: Duplicate index in Pervasive

Danica Majernikova