Date

xpa 3.3 runtime won't start

Govert Schipper

We are trying to get xpa 3.3 to run on a Windows 2008 server, but get system errors. Something with the kernel and/or .Net

When running it in a remote desktop session it works just fine.

Any thoughts?

Regards,

Govert Schipper

Re: Connecting to SQL Server Express - Solution

sherman levine

Your secret is safe with me

Sherm

Sherm

On Oct 20, 2021, at 18:42, Todd Baremore <tbaremor@...> wrote:

Sherm,

Well this is embarrassing....... the magic.ini was pointing to the wrong license.
Perhaps a future release can make an "Invalid License for Gateway" entry in the error log.

Thank you to everyone who offered suggestions.

Todd

On 10/20/2021 11:40 AM, sherman levine wrote:
Todd,
Is SSMS on the same box that's executing Magic?
If SSMS is on the server and Magic is not, then look at the "allow remote connections to this server" checkbox. I think the default for Express is unchecked - but it applies to the server instance and not to any specific database, and if others are accessing any database remotely then it must already be checked.
It's on the server properties - Connections page
Sherm
On 10/20/2021 11:28 AM, Todd Baremore wrote:
Sherm,
I can connect to the "data" database when working from my laptop which has SQL Server 2017 standard installed.
There is another database in the same instance at the customer site I'll try browsing a table and see what I get.
Thanks for the suggestion.
Todd
On 10/20/2021 10:32 AM, sherman levine wrote:
Todd
S1\Tracking would be proper.
As a test, try renaming the database. I suspect the word "data" isn't handled properly by the Magic interface.
Sherm
On 10/20/2021 10:17 AM, Todd Baremore wrote:
SQL Server Express 14.0.1000
In SQL Server Management Studio the Server\Instance appears as S1\Tracking
The Service name is MSSQL$Tracking
"SQL Server and Windows Authentication" mode is selected
The database name is: data
I remember there being something different about connecting to SQL Server Express, but have not used it for a few years.
When I try to connect I get an Unknown Database error. For now I'm trying to connect as sa.
I have tried the following for Database Server:
S1\Tracking
S1
Tracking
MSSQL
MSSQL\Tracking
MSSQL$Tracking
Can anyone offer suggestions for the Location and Database Server entries in Database Properties?
Todd

Re: Connecting to SQL Server Express - Solution

Todd Baremore

[...]

XPA Studio (4.71) Crash in Direct SQL Edit screen.

Thomas Titus

Hi folks,
My co-worker showed me how to crash studio while working in the Direct SQL screen.

If the program is checked out then park your cursor in the field database or result database and using the scroll wheel of your mouse please scroll up or down.
If the program is not checked out then same behavior regardless of the cursor position.

The studio stop working and restarts.

FYI

Thanks

Thomas Titus

Re: Connecting to SQL Server Express

Todd Baremore

Sherm,

Everything is on a Windows 2019 server.  Allow Remote Connections is checked.
The data I'm trying to read is from a third party application which is working just fine.

I will visit the customer later today and try connecting using the toolkit.  This may offer a more informative error.

Thanks for trying

[...]

Re: HotFuge Embedded Web Browser UP1.9

Craig Martin

I'll confess this feels a bit like that scene in the movie Interstellar when Cooper and crew visit Miller's Planet and return to find 23 years have passed.

I don't have too much memory of the ocx - there are a couple of ways to do that whole embedded browser thing which I haven't looked at in a very long time.

OK, contact me off line with some more details and we'll make it work.

One way or another.

While everyone is here, over the summer, I took a break from work and had me some fun with travel and music and chill and good times.

Now, slowly, considering what's next.

Anybody got any interesting work to keep this (old) guy amused.

You can best contact me offline.

Craig