Date

Re: XPA 4.7.2 RIA Android offline-aplication reconnect to Server not possible #android #xpa

Helmut

Edited

Hi Gábor,

thx, i assume you mean the mgrb.ini with the entry (parameter) /ApplicationPublicName = ... in the [APPLICATIONS_LIST]
This is the same and correct entry.

If i start the app with property key="ConnectOnStartup" val="Y" and the context is closed after ContextInactivityTimeout it is the same problem: it is no longer possible to re-establish a server connection via a main event (no context will be created) and in the broker monitor, only the number of 'Failed Req' increases.

I'm already in despair...

Re: XPA 4.7.2 RIA Android offline-aplication reconnect to Server not possible #android #xpa

Gábor Bor

Hy,

Make sure the ApplicationPublicName in the ini is match, and okay.

Best regards,
Gábor

XPA 4.7.2 RIA Android offline-aplication reconnect to Server not possible #android #xpa

Helmut

We switched from XPA 3 to XPA 4.7.2

Now, if an Android RIA application is started offline or the context of a non-offline application is closed, it is no longer possible to re-establish a server connection via a main event (no context will be created). In the broker monitor, only the number of 'Failed Req' increases.

But I am sure that it worked under XPA3.3.

Does anyone have any suggestions for solutions or similar experience?

Re: Component is loaded 2 times "problem" #xpa

Adrian Wick

Found the problem ... The component in one of the component was pointed to its copy ... So it wasnt pointing to D but to Dx (which was a copy of D) ...

Thank you!

Re: Mobile application development without robust internet connection

Johan Vissenberg

Hi,

Yes indeed the HTM5 app keeps running on the device even when there is no connection.
When reconnected the collected data is been send to the backend.
I actually store the javascript(s) and css files on the device.
Once stored you can access your data (stored in ArrayStores) even
when there is no connection.

Regards,
Johan Vissenberg

Re: Mobile application development without robust internet connection

JK Heydt

Thanks for the update Johan. Great roadmap.

Just to be clear, your HTML5 app continues running normally when the internet connection is disrupted?

Re: UserFunctionality Component, Print Data, control variable list

JK Heydt

Found the solution, thanks to Steven.

Open the component and search for text "dataviewvars" using regular expression option. Find 2 instances in the Main Program and 4 in the Initialize program. You will get hits for DataViewVars and DataViewVarsIndex expressions.

Change the last ("option") parameter from 2 to 3 in all cases, e.g., DataViewVarsIndex(0,3) (see below).

Works great!

option – A numeric value defining the scope of variables to be fetched. The following values are valid:

  • 0 – Entire data view for the task

  • 1 – All form variables

  • 2 – Displayed form variables. In this case, only the variables that are visible will be displayed.

  • 3 – Displayed table variables. In this case, only the variables that are visible and attached to a visible column in a table will be displayed. (Since version: 3.2a)

Re: UserFunctionality Component, Print Data, control variable list

JK Heydt

Thanks Steven

I thought I understood Magic until I started trying to understand that component! Talk about rabbit holes! Anway, I'll continue looking for how they do it with the idea of excluding variable suffixes (i_, o_, v_) like you did. If I can just find where.

Re: XPA 4.8 Tree Control Events

Steven Burrows

I was awarded the Purple Heart for shipping a release with Unipaas 1.0

Odd that it looks more like a Dunce’s Cap than a Heart

Steven Burrows