Date

Re: DBNETLIB ConnectionOpen(Connect()). SQL Server does not exist or access denied

Roberto Ramirez Cervantes

Solution found:

Our internal IDS system viewed the request of the VM as a source of a DDOS attack. We had to exclude both computers from the policy and the issue is no more

Thanks for your input,
Roberto

Browser Properties XPA 4.8.1

Steven Burrows

Attempting to use the new Browser Control rather than .NET, but am missing any of the Browser Properties (e.g. Scroll Bars = False)

Any way to set browser properties ? (probably with Java but had a look at that and it made 0 sense)

Steven Burrows

Vectors and ".NET Automatic Type Conversion"

Frederik Soete

Hi, fellow Magicians,

I have included a piece of the Magic documentation below, which appears to offer tantalizing possibilities for converting vectors to and from .Net datatypes.

Given that documentation, I must admit, in practice I am still not able to pass a vector of e.g. strings to a .Net snippet.

Apparently the type conversion is not meant to do that? (But what does it do, I wonder?)

Does anyone know a way to send the contents of a big vector to a .Net snippet, using this automatic conversion or something like it?

I mean without creating a DotNet array variable, and then manually updating each individual cell through a laborious and timeconsuming block-while-loop?

Or should I just give up on the idea of a fast way of passing a vector to .Net?

Thanks in advance, for all help in understanding this arcane part of the Magic documentation.

Bye,

Frederik Soete

.NET Automatic Type Conversion

Magic xpa automatically converts Magic xpa types to .NET types and vice versa; so, for example, it is possible to send Magic xpa variables to .NET methods without performing cast on them.

The conversion rules are as follows:

Magic xpa Type

.NET Type

Numeric

SByte, Byte , Int16, Uint16, Int32, UInt32, Int64, UInt64, IntPtr, UIntPtr, Char, Decimal, Single, Double, Float

Alpha, Unicode

Char, Char[], String, StringBuilder

Date

DateTime

Time

DateTime, TimeSpan

Logical

Boolean

BLOB

Byte, Byte[], Char, Char[], String, StringBuilder

Vector

ICollection (only from .NET to Magic xpa), IList and objects that implement Indexers through the usage of 'this' keyword. Only indexers that have integer indexes can be converted.

  • There is no automatic conversion for nested vectors.

  • NET arrays are not automatically converted to a Magic type.

  • Usually you can use simple values (such as strings or numbers) and Magic xpa will automatically convert them to the proper .NET variable type. But, when the conversion is not unique (for example, the method is overloaded and can receive both Int and Long variables) or that you need to specifically convert the value to a .NET type, you will have to use the DNCast() function to specifically do the conversion.

  • When trying to update a .NET Datetime property with a number, such as Datetime+12, the automatic conversion will fail and you will receive a syntax error. This is because the Magic xpa internal representation of a date is numeric, so the end result is numeric. To solve this issue you can use the Magic xpa AddDate function.

Automatic conversion is used when:

  • Sending or receiving values to and from .NET calls.

  • Updating fields by any expression.

Re: DBNETLIB ConnectionOpen(Connect()). SQL Server does not exist or access denied

Adrian Wick

A week ago i had the same problem. Turns out my server and sql instance name was wrong.

I created a new project with 3 tables, 1 in each instance. Created 3 programs, each containing 1 table and than run this new project to see
which table and database was a trouble maker. When i got that i focused on those settings ...

regards

Re: DBNETLIB ConnectionOpen(Connect()). SQL Server does not exist or access denied

Craig Martin

Can you make it work just for illustrative purposes with a simple non-Magic python or c# app issuing a simple query that would demonstrate where your limits are imposed?
I mean is it unique to Magic or general infrastructure configuration?