From: main@magicu-l.groups.io <main@magicu-l.groups.io> On Behalf Of Tim Downie
Sent: Thursday, May 5, 2022 5:08 AM
To: main@magicu-l.groups.io
Subject: Re: [magicu-l] Sending mail UP 1.9i

We used this in v9.

From: main@magicu-l.groups.io <main@magicu-l.groups.io> on behalf of John Dowbiggin <john@...>
Sent: Thursday, 5 May 2022 6:58 PM
To: main@magicu-l.groups.io <main@magicu-l.groups.io>
Subject: [magicu-l] Sending mail UP 1.9i

Hi
I am developing some mailing Adonis to an app and up to last week was working fine withMailConnect() and SendMaila().  Then my ISP Sky changed some thing and the Amil’s are blocked.  I’ve tried ports 25 and 26 and TLS is not an option in this version of Magic so I need another way to send mail from within  Magic app short of changing service provider.  Any suggestions please?

Regards

John Dowbiggin

Re: Sending mail UP 1.9i

Tim Downie

We used this in v9.

https://www.blat.net/?faq/index.html

I am developing some mailing Adonis to an app and up to last week was working fine withMailConnect() and SendMaila().  Then my ISP Sky changed some thing and the Amil’s are blocked.  I’ve tried ports 25 and 26 and TLS is not an option in this version of Magic so I need another way to send mail from within  Magic app short of changing service provider.  Any suggestions please?

Regards

John Dowbiggin

Sending mail UP 1.9i

John Dowbiggin

Hi
I am developing some mailing Adonis to an app and up to last week was working fine withMailConnect() and SendMaila(). Then my ISP Sky changed some thing and the Amil’s are blocked. I’ve tried ports 25 and 26 and TLS is not an option in this version of Magic so I need another way to send mail from within Magic app short of changing service provider. Any suggestions please?

Regards

John Dowbiggin

Re: Disable Mouse Wheel special setting not working

Adrian Wick

Edited

Solution without the subform!

1. I created a virtual variable vDisableScroll.
2. Created Control Prefix of  dotnet component and updated variable to TRUE.
3. Created Control Suffix of  dotnet component and updated variable to FALSE.
4. Than I created NEXT ROW and PREVIOUS ROW event with nothing under them and on the condition i put vDisableScroll variable.

So when i am not parked on the dotnet component the scroll works. As soon as i enter the dotnet component, scroll stops working
and i can scroll the pdf ...

Re: Magic 9 Availability

David Collins

I appreciate that, Teun.

In case it is not visible, my email address is info at stargateevents dot com.

If you would be so kind as to send me a private message, I would like to arrange a purchase.

Thank you in advance!

Cordially,

David Collins

Re: Disable Mouse Wheel special setting not working

Adrian Wick

Edited

Thank you Keith for this!

But what i have is a table of records and each record points to a pdf file which is displayed right side to the table.
The problem are pdf files with more than 1 page. If i click on the pdf dotnet component and use the mouse wheel
i should scroll the pdf ... instead it scrolls the records :)

So the workaround was to display this dotnet in a subform ... Now when i click on the dotnet pdf it has no records
to scroll and it scrolls the pdf file.

Thank you

Re: Disable Mouse Wheel special setting not working

Keith Canniff

Adrian,

Magic interacts with the mouse like a standard program. If the mouse wheel scrolls up/down in browsers, excel, word, etc, it will do the same in Magic.

The code below will force the mouse wheel to only scroll one line at a time while in your application regardless of its Windows setting (which by default is 3 lines).

In Main Program you can do the following:

  1. Create the following global variables

  1. In Main Program Task Prefix do the following

Note: The DotNet expression is this:

DotNet.System.Windows.Forms.SystemInformation.MouseWheelScrollLines

  1. Setup the following events in Main Program (the expressions on the right are: NOT(gMouseWheelDisableCheck)

For the above Events Previous Row and Next Row, The “Propagate” property is set to the following expression:

                gPropagateMouseWheel? OR KbGet(0)<>'<>'

If I remember correctly, that should do it.

Keith

I thought by disabling mouse wheel will not "scroll" trough the records in a table. Setting this to "Y" has no effect what so ever.
Or is this for something else?

Disable Mouse Wheel special setting not working

Adrian Wick

I thought by disabling mouse wheel will not "scroll" trough the records in a table. Setting this to "Y" has no effect what so ever.
Or is this for something else?

Re: Vectors and ".NET Automatic Type Conversion"

Frederik Soete

Hi group,

In the meantime, I have tried my hand at the problem yet again. Contrary to what the docs seem to allow, I have still not succeeded in casting a Magic vector into a DotNet object in one go.

But I have found a good workaround in the idea that you can fill a "System.Collections.ArrayList" object just like a vector, and pass that to a DotNet invoke. This should be adequate for most purposes.
Better yet: the array list may contain all kinds of differently typed .Net objects.

By the way, searching this group for "ArrayList", I have found a previous short post by Andreas Sedlmeier. Hats off to him. It just goes to show I should have searched the group more thoroughly before asking.

That post's URL was: https://magicu-l.groups.io/g/main/message/176432

Thanks for reading,

Frederik Soete.

Re: Magic 9 Availability

Undix InformatieSystemen

Hello David,
When it's no problem to use licenses which are not used anymore by the current client I have the installation files for v94_sp8c, development license for 1 user and deployment licenses for 1, 5 or 10 users. The licenses are named to my company (undix).
Regards, Teun van Unen, UNDIX InformatieSystemen, Putten (NL)

Re: Can Magic add an additional field to an email header?

Tim Downie

you might be magic-ed into a corner i think

Yep that's the one.  It needs to be in the email header.

Re: Can Magic add an additional field to an email header?

Graham White

Yep that's the one.  It needs to be in the email header.

Re: Can Magic add an additional field to an email header?

Tim Downie

oh this is the little unsubscribe that u see at the top of emails  - no idea re this.

 We want to use list-unsubscribe explained below.

What is List-Unsubscribe?

List-unsubscribe is an optional email header supported by popular inbox providers like iOS Mail, Gmail, and Outlook.com. Supported inbox providers look for this header in emails and display a native unsubscribe option to users, allowing for a simple and consistent unsubscribe action.

Re: Can Magic add an additional field to an email header?

Graham White

Hi Tim,
 We want to use list-unsubscribe explained below.

What is List-Unsubscribe?

List-unsubscribe is an optional email header supported by popular inbox providers like iOS Mail, Gmail, and Outlook.com. Supported inbox providers look for this header in emails and display a native unsubscribe option to users, allowing for a simple and consistent unsubscribe action.

Re: Can Magic add an additional field to an email header?

Tim Downie

Hi Graham
You need to make your email body html <HTML></HTML>