Date

Win98 shutdown licence server

Robert Andrews <squirrel@...

I heard some where that you can create a batch file that is called when
you shutdown or restart Win98
to shutdown the licence server ?
if i forget to shutdown the licence server windows98 hangs and then
requires a hard shutdown

dynamicly selecting a data file Ver8

"Robert Andrews" <squirrel@...

Can you dynamicly select a data file in Magic8
i can do it by changeing the magic.ini.on the fly that holds a pointer to my files and access 2 or more files with the same program it there a less cumbersom way

KeyBoard Mapping

Robert Andrews <squirrel@...

Hi i know this has been discussed before but can sombody refresh my
memory
in ver 8 how do i assign the 'Enter key' to the next field action
Zooming on the key does not allow me to change it from the "Tab" key to
"Enter"
thank you.

WinFrame

"Charles George" <cg7@...>

Does anyone have Magic 8.01 or 8.20
successfully running on WinFrame?

Thank You,
Charles George
cg7@...

Fw: Heidis website

"Markus Luder" <mlu@...>

From: "'Markus Luder'" <mlu@...>
D-80336 M�nchen Fax 089 747 0047
To: <magicu-l@...>

Heidi,
May we contribute with magic user environment article in your userlist
website ? Please give short prerequisit, thank you
Markus

Re: Web Server Alias

"Emerge" <squirrel@...>

If your useing Apache
its under Aliases in the srm.conf file (on Linux systems)
or if your useing Apache under Windows98 its in httpd.conf Under Aliases
Hope this helps.

From: "Andy Jerison" <ajerison@...>

Tom,

Here's the skinny on US daylight savings time:

Nearly all of Indiana is in the Eastern time zone, GMT-5. The southwestern
and northwestern parts of the state are in the Central time zone, GMT-6. The
part of Indiana that's in the Eastern time zone doesn't use daylight savings
time.

Arizona is even more fun. The entire state is in the Mountain time zone,
GMT-7. The state in general doesn't use daylight time. The Navajo and Hopi
Indian reservations (an area larger than the New England states combined!),
which occupy about one-sixth of the state in the northeast corner, follow
their own rules; the Navajo reservation does use daylight time, while the
Hopi reservation, entirely surrounded by Navajo country, doesn't.

So, it you have clients in those areas, you really need to know the time
zone that each client occupies.

Andy Jerison

From: Thomas Martin <tmartin@...>

From: "Chaim J Nussbaum" <chaim.nussbaum@...>

Hello Group.

A client of mine is requesting that our system calculate
daylight savings
adjustments. This is needed for a payroll interface.
i.e. On the 2nd of April, 2000. Daylight Savings Time
starts at 2:00AM is
most US states. Therefore, my client wants us to adjust the total hours
worked of an employee, so that it reflects daylight savings.

At this point I'm considering writing a DLL to find out the
current time
adjustment. If any of you have experience with this problem, your input
would be appreciated.
Well, the whole DST thing (and timezones, for that matter), are a bit more
complicated that they initially seem.

The rules for DST are supposedly laid out in United States Code Title 15
Chapter 6 SubChapter 9.

<http://www4.law.cornell.edu/uscode/15/ch6.html>

"The states" shall do this, and the "The states" shall do that, and then
the very last paragraph defines "states":

"As used in this Act, the term ''State'' includes the District of
Columbia,
the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, or any possession of the United States."

So, the rules laid down don't even apply to the 50 entities that we
recognize as States!! Anyway, my understanding is that Arizona doesn't
participate, and I KNOW from personal experience that a small part (the
southern tip) of Indiana doesn't participate in DST. Other than that, the
general rule is that is starts on the first Sunday in April and
ends on the
last Sunday of October. (In the U.S.)

Hope this helps. ;) Have fun!

One other thing. I don't know squat about Oracle, but I was under the
impression that the data/time fields were actually stored in CUT
(Coordinated Universal Time, a.k.a. GMT and/or ZULU), with a time zone
difference indicator as part of the value. If this is true, and
if the O/S
handles the DST change properly, your problem may not exist.
Date/Time End
minus Date/Time Start will correctly return the hours worked.

Sat, 01 Apr 2000 23:00:00 -0500 minus Sun, 02 Apr 2000 07:00:00
-0400 = 7

Tom Martin

the User Center from the menu bar on the left.
Other questions can be sent to peter.stewart@...

Re: link virtuals

Diego Bale (Interdata Agricultura) <diego.bale@...>

Hi' everybody
Sorry to be so insistent... this group is the only help i've got when i
don't know something... and is very difficult to find info in internet
related to this things with magic. Ive got no other place to ask :(

Like Omar said i can do the relinking part one by one... But is not so good
when having multiple programs...
I also thought, maybe by exporting the program and editing something in the
txt, i can accomplish my goal... I didn't try it yet.

Answering Steve question... i've got magic 9.4sp4
The variable is not based on a model... is directly linked to the library

Thanks a lot for your time.