Date

Re: How do I get an element from XML-data contained in a Blob

per-olof.hermansson@...

Thanks!!

I tried to do it in the same task level in which I receive the data in the Blob. So that is not possible?

I will try doing it in a subtask!

Per-Olof

Re: From Where You Are

Andreas Sedlmeier

On Thu, Jun 18, 2020 at 01:03 AM, Wes Hein wrote:
Dead to you perhaps but I would ditto Steve.  I have always chosen to stay in the magic paradigm so when I upgrade versions I have as little work to do as possible.  Using magic over the years has saved us tons of money, as a (former) owner, profitability was a nice thing!
But Steve writes he cannot upgrade that application because Magic has no upgrade path from ActiveX to .NET. Its manual work and for a larger application it will cost tons of money and a lot of time. Did he violate the Magic Paradigm - whatever that is ? ^^. A lot of money those saved which never did upgrade their legacy Magic v8 or earlier applications and the company which made that possible is Microsoft , not MSE, cause its them who ensure that you still can run 32 Bit (or even 16 if you you really insist). Magic paradigm is I think, pay for bugs and support/maintnance of a product which does not see much change anyways.

Andreas

Re: From Where You Are

Wes Hein

Dead to you perhaps but I would ditto Steve.  I have always chosen to stay in the magic paradigm so when I upgrade versions I have as little work to do as possible.  Using magic over the years has saved us tons of money, as a (former) owner, profitability was a nice thing!

Wes

Re: From Where You Are

Craig Martin

Happy Retirement, Steve.

The Magic community owes you a huge debt. You are without equal.

Now you get to do all the projects you really wanted to. 🙂