Date

uniPaaS v1.9p – Broker Can't Find Its Engines

Steven Blank

Friends,
Setting up a new partitioning server (MGPART1). The broker is being loaded as a service, logging in as a domain user account with full domain administrator privileges. The broker loads OK and spawns a runtime engine, also OK. Clients' Call Remote requests are received and acknowledged by the broker as successful. I can see the requests in the broker monitor where they're statuses are listed as "PENDING".
While the engine (uniRTE.exe *32) appears in Windows Task Manager, an engine does NOT appear in the broker monitor's Enterprise Servers dialog, and PENDING requests never get handled. No errors appear in the MGRB log, nor in the MGREQ log, nor in the general error log. The broker simply cannot find the engine that it spawned.
When another request arrives, the broker spawns another engine but that's as far as it goes, and when the broker is shutdown, it doesn't terminate any of the engines that it spawned, it just leaves them running.
I'm missing something but I can't see the forest for the trees and I've got people standing around with their thumbs in their... HELP!!

Print Preview without File operations

JK Heydt

uniPaaS.1.9g

I/O Properties, PDF Yes; Preview Yes

When remote client previews the PDF the default PDF viewer is Adobe Acrobat DC. The problem is users can use the file dialogue in Adobe to browse the content of all the drives on the server.

Questions:
1. Is there a way to prevent file access using Adobe?
2. Is there another viewer that I can use to do this.

Thank you

XPA 4.6 in a TFS build agent.

RJV

Hi all,

We are currently in the process of migrating from xpa 3.3 to xpa 4.6. We use team foundation server to orchestrate our builds/releases. Being part of a big organization, we want to make use of a flexible pool of build agents to generate our .ecf’s so we cannot install XPA 4.6 on all those servers/agents.

For XPA 3.3, we have created a stand-alone/drag and drop installation of the 3.3 studio, which we zip, upload to the build agent, unzip and then build our .ecf files. However when I create a zip of (working) xpa 4.6 studio installation, and I unzip it on another server  I get the following error message:

HybridStudioShell (header) – Cannot find on or more components. Please reinstall the application. (body)

To me this looks something is wrong with the MgxpaHybridStudioShell.dll , even though it is placed in the installation directory in its default position.

Has anyone encountered this aswell? Or any idea on how to continue here?

Kind regards / Hartelijke groeten / Z poważaniem / सधन्यवाद,

Rob Verheij

ATTENTION:
The information in this e-mail is confidential and only meant for the intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient, don't use or disclose it in any way. Please let the sender know and delete the message immediately.

Re: Magic v 9.4 With Oracle 11 or oracle 12

Anton Doank

solved, i downgrade to oracle 12c 32bit and problem solved

thanks

Pada tanggal Sen, 4 Mei 2020 pukul 14.31 Anton Doank via groups.io <anton.khansa=gmail.com@groups.io> menulis:

hi all,
i am trying magic 9.4 sp7 with oracle 12c but there is error that say error failed to load driver mgora8.dll is not loaded. anyone can help me solve this error?iam running magic 9.4 sp7a on windows server 2012 with oracle 12c.

regards,
Ant

Pada tanggal Kam, 10 Mei 2018 pukul 03.10 Frigyesi Viktória <fv@...> menulis:
Hi,

We have 3 applications in 9.4 running with 12g on win10 64bit.
No issues yet.

Frigyesi Viktória

Alkalmazás fejlesztő
BIFOR Informatikai Kft.

2310 Szigetszentmiklós
Tököli u. 33/A
Tel/Fax: +36 24 950 699
Mobil: +36 30 274 8863

On Wed, May 9, 2018 at 5:58 PM +0200, "Anton Doank" <anton.khansa@...> wrote:

Hi All,
this is my first post in this new magic group , can magic 9.4 use oracle version 11 or oracle version 12? currently iam using magic 9.4 with oracle 10g its fine and work, now i want to upgrade my oracle to 11g or 12g and  its wont work. i think its because ora8.dll isit true? , anyone have experience using it with oracle 11 or 12?how to make it work?

regards
Anton

[...]

Re: solliciter une solution

Marc Gauthier

Bonjour,

Avez-vous essayer d' installer Actian Workgroup ou serveur? C'est le dernier nom de btrieve

http://www.goldstarsoftware.com/ineedpsql13.asp

N'oublier de redémarrer après l'installation.

Bonne chance!

Re: not working ctrlgoto ?

Undix InformatieSystemen

Also working in a file-table ? I'll see.

Re: What is the last version of UniPaaS 1.9 ?

Undix InformatieSystemen

Thanks Govert.

Re: XPA 4.6 Select Group Box Contents

Steven Burrows

Linked or not linked, doesn’t seem to matter.

I can drag a box with linked items, but I need to select the contents so I can re-inherit.

Lots of new properties in v4 (moving from v2), finally worth having hard models.

Steven Burrows