Date

Re: Using Mailsend with attachments #xpa #ria

Darren

Hi Roberto,

1. It's working without an attachment.
2. Tried that simple attachment but also did not work.
3. Used outlook and it is ok.
4. I am connecting to exactly the same Mailserver as I did in DEV.

Regards,
Darren

Re: Using Mailsend with attachments #xpa #ria

olivier.besson@...

Hi Darren

usually this error raise when you use MailSend indicating there is an attachment but Magic can't find / reach it

make sure on your runtime env. you have the same network access as on your studio

Cheers,
Olivier

Re: Using Mailsend with attachments #xpa #ria

Roberto Ramirez Cervantes

Darren,

1. Validate sending an email with no attachment using Magic
2. Try a simple attachment "c:\temp\123.txt", small file size using Magic
3. Validate sending that same attachment using another email client. Use the same user id\password that Magic is using in the MailConnect function.
4. Ensure that there are no "mail server rules" preventing the attachment of files for emails for the user id\password that Magic is using in the MailConnect function

--
Roberto Ramirez
marionette_66@...

On Wed, Feb 12, 2020, at 12:18 AM, Darren wrote:

Hello Guys,

I am having an issue using MailSend with attachments right after deploying to our runtime/Q.A server.
I got it perfectly working on dev without any issues.

Now the issue is MailSend returning code -80(Failed to add attachment to the message).

Any thoughts?

Best Regards,
Darren

Re: XPA 3.3g HTTPCall Post - progress but no solution

Todd Baremore

I wrote a node script to capture what HTTPCall() is sending and found two issues.

This is the message I am sending
message=<message>testing</message>

This is what HTTPCall() is sending
XPA 3.2e    "message":"<message>testing</message>"       correct
XPA 3.3g    "message=<message>testing</message>":""     incorrect

Todd

Re: SendMail Charset on Magic XPA 4.6

Polgár Ferenc

I don't know XPA 4.6 but in uniPaas 1.9 there was a 'MailCharset' ini setting for this purpose.
regards
Ferenc

2020.02.12. 18:03 keltezéssel, Sébastien GROS-TABUSSIAT írta:

Hello everybody,
I have a problem with the Mailsend function on Magic XPA 4.6.
In Development mode, everything is fine, but in Runtime, when I send the e-mail, the texts aren't correct... For example, the letter "é" becomes "é". I looked in the .INI files and I don't have lines with ANSI, OEM, Unicode, UTF-8 and charset... I have this problem for the subject and body texts.
I tried to use the functions OEM2ANSIFile, UnicodeFromANSI, UnicodeToANSI, UTF8FromAnsi, UTF8ToAnsi before to send, but it's not working.
Do you have any idea where this may come from, please?
Thank you.

_._,_._,_

Re: XPA 3.3g HTTPCall Post

DarKWateR

ahhhhhhhhhhhhh sorry!
My fault.
I was thinking in call remote.
I don't know then, sorry!

Re: Checked-out object #chat

unipaas_programmer@...

Did you change computers? Most likely you still have the item check out in the other computer/session. If you are using TFS you can use the tf workspace /delete command to delete the previous workspace but beware that you will lose any changes.

Re: XPA 3.3g HTTPCall Post

Todd Baremore

DarK,

This is what I'm using:

In 3.2e I get a correct response.  In 3.3g I get a missing message error.
Todd
On 2/12/2020 3:06 AM, DarKWateR wrote:

Hi, this happened to me a couple of times.

It may be chance, but what I did was change all the parameters and pass them by reference, not by expression, and the message disappeared.

It's probably just a fluke and it's not the solution, but to try....

Using Mailsend with attachments #xpa #ria

Darren

Hello Guys,

I am having an issue using MailSend with attachments right after deploying to our runtime/Q.A server.
I got it perfectly working on dev without any issues.

Now the issue is MailSend returning code -80(Failed to add attachment to the message).

Any thoughts?

Best Regards,
Darren

Re: XPA 3.3g HTTPCall Post

DarKWateR

Edited

Hi, this happened to me a couple of times.

It may be coincidence , but what I did was change all the parameters and pass them by reference, not by expression, and the message disappeared.

It is surely a coincidence and not the solution, but to try....

Checked-out object #chat

A new chat has been created:

Hi,

I would like to ask assistancte to any of you:

I am a magic developer using Magic uniPaas V1.9H and using CVS.

I cannot checkout program repository the following message appears:

"User already has the object checked-out, to a non-working folder location"

But when I check in the File>Version Control>Check Out Objects, the 'Programs' is checked out by my UserID. with asterisk (*BH1234)

Please help me out.

Thank you.

View/Join This Chat

Re: Remote printeing to default printer.no longer works for magic in Windows 10.

azlancomputers@...

note: here is work around:
normal .ini
[MAGIC_PRINTERS]
Printer1 = ,SUPPORT\lj3.atr,,60

special ini that the user has when remote:
/[MAGIC_PRINTERS]Printer1 = remote (redirected 1),support\lj3.atr,,60

we invoke the ini when calling magic with the following
 \deployxpa\MgxpaRuntime.exe  @specialremote.ini

whew

thanks all

Re: Remote printeing to default printer.no longer works for magic in Windows 10.

azlancomputers@...

Thnks Wes. that's about what I was thinking.  Im gonna do a shortcut to the app that has ini entry for printer1 that is tailored to the remote user and name printer1 to their remote.  when that shortcut is used it will name the designated printner at the remote client as printer1.  all other logins will let printer1 stay blank and go to the default.
should work.
What is don't understand is why it stopped working with windows 10.  until then the default selected at the host would be obeyed and to the redirected printer at the client.  with windows 10 magic no longer goes to the redirected printer.

Re: Remote printeing to default printer.no longer works for magic in Windows 10.

Wes Hein

We do a lot of printing using remoteapp, For 'normal' printing we never put a printer name in Printer1 and it seems to go to the clients default printer. (Well like 98% of the time).  Copiers do seem to give us the most fits.

We also print to a receipting printer and I don't want the user to have to pick the printer each time so I use

Printer2 = Star TSP100 Cutter (TSP143) (redirected 22),,,40 in the magic.ini

When the cash receipting loads and the user is on remoteapp, I use a program that Heidi posted years ago that collects the name of all the printers on the users computer into a table.  I then take the Printer2 name, remove the last 5 letters or so,  loop through the devices printer names looking for a close match.  So if today it is Star TSP100 Cutter (TSP143) (redirected 239) I do a iniput to update Printer2 to the printers current name.

Wes

Remote printeing to default printer.no longer works for magic in Windows 10.

azlancomputers@...

Just want to confirm something.  For  years my programs have sent all magic print jobs to "printer1" which resolves to the default printer selected.  This worked for desktop and remote printing.
A month ago we upgraded our host computers to windows 10 and Magic remote printing stopped working.  It would only print to the default of the host.  and would not switch to the default of the client.  It would continue to print to the default of the host.  All other windows programs worked in printing to the selected printer of the client.  But not Magic.
We are resolving this by inserting a route to a named printer throughout our code.  we are naming it "remote"  and putting a line in the ini for "remote = printername\ \ \ \ …  then it will route to the printer at the client.  but I wonder why no one else is having this problem.
probably because no one is lazy and uses the "default" as the printer of choice.  If you name the printer in the .ini and in the code, no problems.  but that will require work.
Any comments

Re: TSplus

shannon or howard miller

Thanks.  The way their website described it, I could install Remote Spark on any flavor of Windows and that would act as the (terminal/rdp) server.  I was mistaken.  :)

Re: TSplus

Keith Canniff

I’m not sure your configuration is what Remote Spark is for.

Remote Spark is installed on a Terminal Server (RDP/Citrix server). So it’s  a hosting program on an already dedicated terminal server

Then from any remote device (PC, Mac, Andriod, etc.) browser, you can setup a webpage that a user would login with a username/password that gets authenticated just like an RDP session would be. The only difference between it and a normal RDP/Citrix client is that it can run the connection from any type of device (see above).

…. And yes each individual connection is a virtual desktop independent of anyone else. So each connection is it’s own virtual computer.

Keith

Sent from Mail for Windows 10