Magic v4

Tim Downie

Curious to know has anyone looked at web client tasks? Ive done quick 1 to many to many 3 tasks in one page - It looking very easy to use considering so far is 0 technical documentation

md maideen

Can anyone send me the link for trail download of xpa 4.0...

Sent from Samsung tablet.

cgruba@...

Hi Tim,

+1 on the 0 technical documentation.

Did you manage to deploy the WebSamples application?

Thanks

Cris

'images' seems to be missing? (al least my 'images' directory is empty....!)

LOLZ:
     *** Thank you for using ngx-infinite-scroll! ***
Please consider donating to our open collective
     to help us maintain this package.
  https://opencollective.com/ngx-infinite-scroll/donate
                    ***
added 68 packages in 25.586s

Did MagicSoftware pay some money, or are they waiting for paying customers.... 😉

robertbdinaguit@...

😉
[...]

Hi all,

I try to run the web sample project, but i doubt if i've done the right thing, i could not find any references, how to's....

Attach sample output.

It looks like the same output as I am seeing.
The purpose of the example, (as in 'what can/should it do') is not known to any one but the person who created this.

Short version on how to get the WebSamples running:
1) follow the menu in Studio under 'Web'  (set correct settings, and generate
2) Open CMD prompt and do a CD to the directory specified in 'Web Application folder\ProjectName'
3) run 'ng serve'

Output is like this:
C:\temp\output\WebSamples2>ng serve
** Angular Live Development Server is listening on localhost:4200, open your browser on http://localhost:4200/ **
 33% building modules 194/195 modules 1 active …ic-xpa\engine\fesm5\magic-xpa-engine.js

Wait for this to complete...
4) Extecute the project  (CTRL+F7 from Studio), and go to http://localhost:4200 with your browser

Because the default program is 29 under 'Web Application Settings/StartProgram', the Root-example is always shown.
To test one of the programs 2-23, it's possible to run this individual program using F7.

Also, there's a bug in WebSamples/Program14 'Format',
It is impossible to have an expression on the 'Format' of a field (what this example tries to show!)

Arie Zijlstra

I couldn't make it work yet.

After installing node.js I ran
npm install -g @angular/cli

When I choose "generate web application" it doesn't generate angular.json.

I also tried combining (merging) it with
ng new my-app
But then I only see the empty application I generated

the help file has these pages about this:

Web Client Applications

file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/MSE/Magic%20xpa%204.0/Help/index.htm#t=mergedProjects%2FMGHELPW%2FWeb_Client_Applications.htm

Web Client Application Generation

file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/MSE/Magic%20xpa%204.0/Help/mergedProjects/MGHELPW/Web_Client_Application_Generation.htm

Maybe your 'Web Application settings' are not correct ? Default they point to a directory which does not exist.