Providing Web Services with magic xpa3.3 and axis2

אבי אבקסיס

Hi,
since magic xpa 3.3 is not includes any more systinet for web services,
so, how we can implement web services providing with xpa 3.3 ?
somebody mentioned that magic replace the systinet of java with axis2.
but I dont fined any document on this axis2.
Does xpa 3.3 support  axis2 ?
is there any document on this issue ?
Thank's for any help
Avi Avikasis

Gábor Bor

Hi Avi,

It's clearly supports it. The Tomcat Axis 2 environment is installed by my colleague but with configure the solution works fine. You could find too the MobileDevices webservice sample in the package. It gives sample, and with configure the java file which means the source of wsdl on axis 2 server, you could access it.

I can use it by SOAPui and call from XPA with HTTPcall as well. I make the answer XMLs by XPA merge function and gives back on the Poperty sheet's Return value as Blob. (Try with types Unicode, Ansi, Byte)

You should try it. ;)

Best regards,
Gábor

Andreas Sedlmeier

Hi Avi,

As Gábor already mentioned, it's there (Axis2) and it even ships with Single User Edition of 3.3, only that you cannot use it with SU.

You can create a Axis2 component in CRR and press F1 and then you can dive into all the documentation (which is I think half a page for Axis2 alltogether).

Webservices with XPA and status of Systinet is a bit unclear, cause XPI 4.7 I think still would install Systinet (or Tomcat) and XPC is node.js anyways. Tomcat you could also get working with XPA, there's a requester, ... . Besides there's also another undocumented feature re webservices in Xpa: WCF (.NET) and some other stuff.

The idea behind not providing any documentation and/or samples is I think to keep the MSE consultants busy cause MSE is a PS organization anyways meanwhile (basically, imho).

The helpfile of Magic XPA3.3a, is still linking to systinet:
file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/MSE/Magic%20xpa%203.3a/Help/index.htm#t=mergedProjects%2FMastering_eDeveloper%2FHow_Do_I_Provide_Web_Services_with_Magic_xpa.htm&rhsearch=web%20services&rhsyns=%20&rhhlterm=web%20services
…..

Verifying Systinet
When Systinet is installed, you will have some entries on your Start menu that will allow you to start and stop the server, and to use the Systinet console

….

But probably the helpdoc with these contents are the closest to this subject:
file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/MSE/Magic%20xpa%203.3a/Help/index.htm#t=mergedProjects%2FTechnical%20Notes%2FDeploying_Web_Requesters_on_Different_Servers.htm&rhsearch=tomcat&rhsyns=%20&rhhlterm=tomcat

אבי אבקסיס

Tank you Gábor
I'll try it
Avi Avikasis

‫בתאריך יום ג׳, 18 בדצמ׳ 2018 ב-0:42 מאת ‪Gábor Bor‬‏ <‪bor.gabor@...‬‏>:‬

Hi Avi,

It's clearly supports it. The Tomcat Axis 2 environment is installed by my colleague but with configure the solution works fine. You could find too the MobileDevices webservice sample in the package. It gives sample, and with configure the java file which means the source of wsdl on axis 2 server, you could access it.

I can use it by SOAPui and call from XPA with HTTPcall as well. I make the answer XMLs by XPA merge function and gives back on the Poperty sheet's Return value as Blob. (Try with types Unicode, Ansi, Byte)

You should try it. ;)

Best regards,
Gábor

אבי אבקסיס

Tank you Andreas

Till xpa 3.2 magic installs the systinet,  xpa3.X comes with well documented for systinet
in MasteringMagic xpa.pdf page 885,  but the instalation  includes tomcat and  axis2  and not systinet at all.

Best regards
Avi

‫בתאריך יום ג׳, 18 בדצמ׳ 2018 ב-18:13 מאת ‪Andreas Sedlmeier‬‏ <‪sedlmeier@...‬‏>:‬

Hi Avi,

As Gábor already mentioned, it's there (Axis2) and it even ships with Single User Edition of 3.3, only that you cannot use it with SU.

You can create a Axis2 component in CRR and press F1 and then you can dive into all the documentation (which is I think half a page for Axis2 alltogether).

Webservices with XPA and status of Systinet is a bit unclear, cause XPI 4.7 I think still would install Systinet (or Tomcat) and XPC is node.js anyways. Tomcat you could also get working with XPA, there's a requester, ... . Besides there's also another undocumented feature re webservices in Xpa: WCF (.NET) and some other stuff.

The idea behind not providing any documentation and/or samples is I think to keep the MSE consultants busy cause MSE is a PS organization anyways meanwhile (basically, imho).

Hi Luuk,

That link goes to your local disk, all those help pages are online too: http://kb.magicsoftware.com/articles/bl_Reference/Deploying-Web-Requesters-on-Different-Servers-xpa-3x . Thats however only about web requesters and b) a "not good for much" style document. In Xpi dopcumentation MSE typically invests a bit more and there's some more documentation. Starts here: http://kb.magicsoftware.com/articles/bl_Reference/Web-Services-Utility-xpi-45

Actually I think, Xpa is around 15 years behind current webservices/microservice technology and you need Xpi (and Gigaspaces) anyway, if you plan to do something serious  ... with Magic technology for providing and consuming webservices. Probably you have your service (REST) done before you were able to explain your business partner what SOAP actually is. I just did not see later Xpi versions yet and cannot tell if it improved a lot in that respect. Was a pain too, webservixes with Xpi a few years ago.

אבי אבקסיס

Tank you Luuk

If you extract magicxpa3.3a.exe, from cmd
"Magicxpa3.3a.exe" /Extract_all:"C:\Magic xpa3\unzip_directory"
the systinet is missing
magic documents recomend to install systinet manualy to overcome configuration conflicts
on some machines, and this starts with Extracts_all...
Best regards
Avi

‫בתאריך יום ג׳, 18 בדצמ׳ 2018 ב-20:37 מאת ‪Luuk‬‏ <‪luuk34@...‬‏>:‬

The helpfile of Magic XPA3.3a, is still linking to systinet:
file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/MSE/Magic%20xpa%203.3a/Help/index.htm#t=mergedProjects%2FMastering_eDeveloper%2FHow_Do_I_Provide_Web_Services_with_Magic_xpa.htm&rhsearch=web%20services&rhsyns=%20&rhhlterm=web%20services
…..

Verifying Systinet
When Systinet is installed, you will have some entries on your Start menu that will allow you to start and stop the server, and to use the Systinet console

….

But probably the helpdoc with these contents are the closest to this subject:
file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/MSE/Magic%20xpa%203.3a/Help/index.htm#t=mergedProjects%2FTechnical%20Notes%2FDeploying_Web_Requesters_on_Different_Servers.htm&rhsearch=tomcat&rhsyns=%20&rhhlterm=tomcat

T鏒h András

Hi Gábor!

Could you tell me, where exactly the "MobileDevices webservice sample" you mentioned before is?
I cannot find it in the Sample Projects magic xpa 3.3.
Or is that your private sample?

Thank You

András

Gábor Bor

Dear András,

It's not simple example, you can find it on the server like /home/XXXXXXX(magic folder)/web_services/MobileDevices/src/com/XXXXX. This java source will "represent the webservices".

Best regards,
Gábor

T鏒h András

Thanks a lot,
but maybe i'm blind. I cannot find that folder.
I have got an XPA3.3c installed on windows10.
My xpa environment looks so:

In Gigaspaces_xpa folder are web services consumer and provider samples.

Gábor Bor

Hy András,

You can find it on the server. (Btw we are using linux server, sadly i dont know anything about differences between these)

Best regards,
Gábor

T鏒h András

OK, so I understand.