Gigaspaces MagicXPA3.3 html merge Webportal how to configure

Johan Vissenberg

Good day Magicians,

I managed (with a lot of effort) to get Gigaspaces up and running with the demo GSTest provided by Magic.
But how to configure Gigaspaces for running an application with html merge?
Is this possible and if yes how would be the configuration for the projectstartup.xml for such
a html merge application?
I know Magic has discontinued the good old Broker, so Gigaspaces is the future.
Has anyone experience with this?
Thanks for any assistence.

Regards,
Johan Vissenberg

Gábor Bor

Hy Johan,

Do you think about an application with a program which work with html merge and make contents with this function?

Best Regards,
Gábor

Johan Vissenberg

Hi Gábor,

It's just a html merge application.
Magic is pushing us to use Gigaspaces in stead of the good old Broker.
But they don't tell us how to use Gigaspaces with a html merge application.
In the knowledge base of Magic you will find nothing about this issue.
And RIA is not an real option for us.
We are now looking at MagicXPA4.1 as a new platform for our Portals.
But MagicXPA4.1 will not work (AFAIK) with the Broker.

Regards,
Johan Vissenberg

Andreas Sedlmeier

Edited

Hi Johan,

Actually Gigaspaces is one of the better documented features of Magic because its not from MSE and therefore ships with decent documentation and allows them to copy paste ^^.

I did however never work with Magic & Gigaspaces. I just know that what you plan to do is possible and in NL there's some companies which are quite familiar with Magic & Gigaspaces since ten years basically. You could contact one of them and maybe get a crashcourse from them. There's a lot to learn and a lot of errors you would do, if you start from scratch, ...

Don't know if you saw that document: https://www.magicsoftware.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/Lifting-Off-into-Space-based-Architecture-with-Magic-xpa-3-x.pdf. It mentions somewhere that the sample application has a html client. 

Good luck,

Andreas

Tim Downie

Hi
Its just a matter of calling the application public name and program public name - there is no difference in architecture between merge and ria-  the only difference is the license. Both things use the same requester etc.

That being said I'm yet to attempt this with gigaspaces
From: main@magicu-l.groups.io <main@magicu-l.groups.io> on behalf of Johan Vissenberg <magic.johan@...>
Sent: Friday, 4 January 2019 8:46:36 AM
To: main@magicu-l.groups.io
Subject: Re: [magicu-l] Gigaspaces MagicXPA3.3 html merge Webportal how to configure

Hi Gábor,

It's just a html merge application.
Magic is pushing us to use Gigaspaces in stead of the good old Broker.
But they don't tell us how to use Gigaspaces with a html merge application.
In the knowledge base of Magic you will find nothing about this issue.
And RIA is not an real option for us.
We are now looking at MagicXPA4.1 as a new platform for our Portals.
But MagicXPA4.1 will not work (AFAIK) with the Broker.

Regards,
Johan Vissenberg

Johan Vissenberg

Hi Tim,

I tried to do that with out html merge application, but I'm getting the error that the application is not available.
Gigaspaces does not complain about the license, so that should not be the problem.
The Gigaspaces projectsStartup.xml looks like this:

<Startup>
   <Projects CMDLineArgs="/InternetDispatcherPath=/MagicScripts33/MGWebRequester.dll /LicenseName=MGENT1 /MaxConcurrentUsers=100 /MaxConcurrentRequests=10">  <!-- /WorkerRequestPollingInterval=10 -->   

<Project Name="GSTest"
               StartApplication="GigaSpaces-xpa\test\GSTest.ecf"
               CMDLineArgs="@GigaSpaces-xpa\test\GSTest.ini "
               ReservedUsersLicenses="2"
               ReservedThreadsLicenses="1">
         <Servers>
            <Server host="WIN-2BFNC8FSRH9">
               <NumberOfInstances AdditionalOnDemand="0">1</NumberOfInstances>
               <NumberOfWorkers>5</NumberOfWorkers>
               <StartApplication></StartApplication>
               <CMDLineArgs></CMDLineArgs>
            </Server>
         </Servers>
      </Project>

<Project Name="PortalDemo"
               StartApplication="C:\Application\System\PortalDemo.ecf"
               CMDLineArgs="@C:\Magic\XPA33\PortalDemo.ini "
         <Servers>
            </Server>
         </Servers>
      </Project>

Regards,
Johan Vissenberg

Tim Downie

Is there anyway to verify its actually loaded up the project ?

From: main@magicu-l.groups.io <main@magicu-l.groups.io> on behalf of Johan Vissenberg <magic.johan@...>
Sent: Sunday, 6 January 2019 12:08 PM
To: main@magicu-l.groups.io
Subject: Re: [magicu-l] Gigaspaces MagicXPA3.3 html merge Webportal how to configure

Hi Tim,

I tried to do that with out html merge application, but I'm getting the error that the application is not available.
Gigaspaces does not complain about the license, so that should not be the problem.
The Gigaspaces projectsStartup.xml looks like this:

<Startup>
   <Projects CMDLineArgs="/InternetDispatcherPath=/MagicScripts33/MGWebRequester.dll /LicenseName=MGENT1 /MaxConcurrentUsers=100 /MaxConcurrentRequests=10">  <!-- /WorkerRequestPollingInterval=10 -->   

<Project Name="GSTest"
               StartApplication="GigaSpaces-xpa\test\GSTest.ecf"
               CMDLineArgs="@GigaSpaces-xpa\test\GSTest.ini "
         <Servers>
            </Server>
         </Servers>
      </Project>

<Project Name="PortalDemo"
               StartApplication="C:\Application\System\PortalDemo.ecf"
               CMDLineArgs="@C:\Magic\XPA33\PortalDemo.ini "
         <Servers>
            </Server>
         </Servers>
      </Project>

Regards,
Johan Vissenberg

Johan Vissenberg

Hi Tim,

In the Magic xpa Gigaspaces Monitor the application shows up as running app with the right license.
No identication that something is missing or is wrong.
Except when I call the html merge public program, the error shows that de application on the
server is not found.

Regards,
Johan Vissenberg

Jeroen Bos

Hello,

There is a bug with GigaSpaces, The username is not send over from the mgxparuntime. If you do the call via the command line requester, the username is send. It is fixed in XPA 3.3c.

We encountered the bug in a client server application in a Windows Linux environment during our process of migrating from uniPaaS to XPA. During this process we also encountered problems with the broker (broker hangs if more than 18 connections exists and while the connection stays open to the broker after a call remote, this is a huge problem when you have a lot of users. This can be fixed with the DiscSrvr function, but we had to change our code for every call remote in our source).

So while the broker is a deprecated piece of technology, we’re now migrating to GigaSpaces and waiting for a hot fix for XPA 3.2d. Hopefully we then all problems are fixed.

Met vriendelijke groet / Yours sincerely,

Jeroen Bos

Lekkerland Nederland BV

Technisch Consultant /Technical Consultant

IT afdeling /IT Department

Ekkersrijt 7601

5692 HR Son

Nederland

Phone:  +31 (0) 40 294 3009

Mobile: +31 (0) 6 5478 3953

Email:   jeroen.bos@...

WWW: www.lekkerland.nl

Van: main@magicu-l.groups.io [mailto:main@magicu-l.groups.io] Namens Johan Vissenberg
Verzonden: maandag 7 januari 2019 07:39
Aan: main@magicu-l.groups.io
Onderwerp: Re: [magicu-l] Gigaspaces MagicXPA3.3 html merge Webportal how to configure

Hi Tim,

In the Magic xpa Gigaspaces Monitor the application shows up as running app with the right license.
No identication that something is missing or is wrong.
Except when I call the html merge public program, the error shows that de application on the
server is not found.

Regards,
Johan Vissenberg

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This e-mail may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not the
intended receipient (or have received this e-mail in error) please notify the sender
immediately and destroy this e-mail.
Any unauthorised copying, disclosure or distribution of the material in this e-mail is strictly
forbidden.

Deze e-mail kan vertrouwelijke en/of persoonlijke informatie bevatten. Als u niet de bedoelde
ontvanger bent, of deze e-mail per ongeluk heeft gekregen, breng dan de verzender
ogenblikkelijk hiervan op de hoogte en vernietig dit bericht.
Het kopieren, in de openbaarheid brengen of verspreiden van de inhoud van deze e-mail is ten
strengste verboden.

Ce courriel peut contenir des informations confidentielles et/ou privilegiees. Si ce courriel ne vous est pas destine
(ou vous avez recu ce courriel par erreur) svp, avertissez immediatement la personne qui a envoye ce courriel et detruisez le.
Toute copie non autorisee, divulgation des informations ou distribution du contenu de ce courriel sont strictement interdites.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Andreas Sedlmeier

Hi Jeroen,

I knew that the required "Magic & Gigaspaces" know-how only exists in the Netherlands (and Israel maybe) :). Thanks for sharing this information.

Personally I do however not only consider Magic Broker legacy but Magic & Gigaspaces too.

You do work with Linux. You could also create microservices from your Magic applications and deploy to Kubernetes or so but I suppose Gigaspaces is nice (compared to Magic Broker) and some other advantages it has too I suppose.

Best regards,

Andreas

On Mon, Jan 7, 2019 at 09:57 AM, Jeroen Bos wrote:

Hello,

There is a bug with GigaSpaces, The username is not send over from the mgxparuntime. If you do the call via the command line requester, the username is send. It is fixed in XPA 3.3c.

We encountered the bug in a client server application in a Windows Linux environment during our process of migrating from uniPaaS to XPA. During this process we also encountered problems with the broker (broker hangs if more than 18 connections exists and while the connection stays open to the broker after a call remote, this is a huge problem when you have a lot of users. This can be fixed with the DiscSrvr function, but we had to change our code for every call remote in our source).

So while the broker is a deprecated piece of technology, we’re now migrating to GigaSpaces and waiting for a hot fix for XPA 3.2d. Hopefully we then all problems are fixed.

Met vriendelijke groet / Yours sincerely,

Jeroen Bos

Lekkerland Nederland BV

Technisch Consultant /Technical Consultant

IT afdeling /IT Department