Gigaspaces MagicXPA3.3 html merge Webportal how to configure

Johan Vissenberg

Good day Magicians,

I managed (with a lot of effort) to get Gigaspaces up and running with the demo GSTest provided by Magic.
But how to configure Gigaspaces for running an application with html merge?
Is this possible and if yes how would be the configuration for the projectstartup.xml for such
a html merge application?
I know Magic has discontinued the good old Broker, so Gigaspaces is the future.
Has anyone experience with this?
Thanks for any assistence.

Regards,
Johan Vissenberg

Gábor Bor

Hy Johan,

Do you think about an application with a program which work with html merge and make contents with this function?

Best Regards,
Gábor

Johan Vissenberg

Hi Gábor,

It's just a html merge application.
Magic is pushing us to use Gigaspaces in stead of the good old Broker.
But they don't tell us how to use Gigaspaces with a html merge application.
In the knowledge base of Magic you will find nothing about this issue.
And RIA is not an real option for us.
We are now looking at MagicXPA4.1 as a new platform for our Portals.
But MagicXPA4.1 will not work (AFAIK) with the Broker.

Regards,
Johan Vissenberg

Andreas Sedlmeier

Edited

Hi Johan,

Actually Gigaspaces is one of the better documented features of Magic because its not from MSE and therefore ships with decent documentation and allows them to copy paste ^^.

I did however never work with Magic & Gigaspaces. I just know that what you plan to do is possible and in NL there's some companies which are quite familiar with Magic & Gigaspaces since ten years basically. You could contact one of them and maybe get a crashcourse from them. There's a lot to learn and a lot of errors you would do, if you start from scratch, ...

Don't know if you saw that document: https://www.magicsoftware.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/Lifting-Off-into-Space-based-Architecture-with-Magic-xpa-3-x.pdf. It mentions somewhere that the sample application has a html client.

Good luck,

Hi
Its just a matter of calling the application public name and program public name - there is no difference in architecture between merge and ria-  the only difference is the license. Both things use the same requester etc.

That being said I'm yet to attempt this with gigaspaces
Magic is pushing us to use Gigaspaces in stead of the good old Broker.
But they don't tell us how to use Gigaspaces with a html merge application.
In the knowledge base of Magic you will find nothing about this issue.
And RIA is not an real option for us.
We are now looking at MagicXPA4.1 as a new platform for our Portals.
But MagicXPA4.1 will not work (AFAIK) with the Broker.

Regards,
Johan Vissenberg

Johan Vissenberg

Hi Tim,

I tried to do that with out html merge application, but I'm getting the error that the application is not available.
Gigaspaces does not complain about the license, so that should not be the problem.
The Gigaspaces projectsStartup.xml looks like this:

<Startup>
   <Projects CMDLineArgs="/InternetDispatcherPath=/MagicScripts33/MGWebRequester.dll /LicenseName=MGENT1 /MaxConcurrentUsers=100 /MaxConcurrentRequests=10">  <!-- /WorkerRequestPollingInterval=10 -->

      <Project Name="GSTest"
               StartApplication="GigaSpaces-xpa\test\GSTest.ecf"
               CMDLineArgs="@GigaSpaces-xpa\test\GSTest.ini "
               ReservedUsersLicenses="2"
               ReservedThreadsLicenses="1">
         <Servers>
            <Server host="WIN-2BFNC8FSRH9">
               <NumberOfInstances AdditionalOnDemand="0">1</NumberOfInstances>
               <NumberOfWorkers>5</NumberOfWorkers>
               <StartApplication></StartApplication>
               <CMDLineArgs></CMDLineArgs>
            </Server>
         </Servers>
      </Project>

      <Project Name="PortalDemo"
               StartApplication="C:\Application\System\PortalDemo.ecf"
               CMDLineArgs="@C:\Magic\XPA33\PortalDemo.ini "
               ReservedUsersLicenses="2"
               ReservedThreadsLicenses="1">
         <Servers>
            <Server host="WIN-2BFNC8FSRH9">
               <NumberOfInstances AdditionalOnDemand="0">1</NumberOfInstances>
               <NumberOfWorkers>5</NumberOfWorkers>
               <StartApplication></StartApplication>
               <CMDLineArgs></CMDLineArgs>
            </Server>
         </Servers>
      </Project>

Johan Vissenberg

Tim Downie

Is there anyway to verify its actually loaded up the project ?

[...]

In the Magic xpa Gigaspaces Monitor the application shows up as running app with the right license.
No identication that something is missing or is wrong.
Except when I call the html merge public program, the error shows that de application on the
server is not found.

Regards,
Johan Vissenberg

Jeroen Bos

Hello,

There is a bug with GigaSpaces, The username is not send over from the mgxparuntime. If you do the call via the command line requester, the username is send. It is fixed in XPA 3.3c.

We encountered the bug in a client server application in a Windows Linux environment during our process of migrating from uniPaaS to XPA. During this process we also encountered problems with the broker (broker hangs if more than 18 connections exists and while the connection stays open to the broker after a call remote, this is a huge problem when you have a lot of users. This can be fixed with the DiscSrvr function, but we had to change our code for every call remote in our source).

So while the broker is a deprecated piece of technology, we’re now migrating to GigaSpaces and waiting for a hot fix for XPA 3.2d. Hopefully we then all problems are fixed.

Met vriendelijke groet / Yours sincerely,

Jeroen Bos

Lekkerland Nederland BV

Technisch Consultant /Technical Consultant

IT afdeling /IT Department

Ekkersrijt 7601

5692 HR Son

Nederland