Call remote

Arch <Arch.Lineberger@...>

This seems a little convoluted, but bear with me the result is worth the effort.

In my applications, there is a Global Event named "RptPrgms" that receives a "Public Name." FromĀ  each application's menu, the user can execute a component program named "Reports."

The component's "Reports" program displays a list and picture of the available reports from a table. When the user selects one, the "execute" event raises the "RptPrgms" event passing the selected Public Name back to the application. The report program in the application runs and all is well. Except...

Back in the application, the called report program executes a Main Program function in its TP that updates a Main Program variable, "$Title," with the report program's name from the Repository. When run directly from the application the variable is updated correctly. However, when called from the component, this variable is not updated.

What can I do to ensure that the "$Title" variable is updated?

Thanks for reading all this...

Arch Lineberger
203 N Main St
Belmont, NC 28012
704.461.1223

Steven Blank

Arch,

WAG: Instead of a variable defined in the Main Program, switch to a shared value.

SharedValSet()
SharedValGet()

Steve Blank