Magic wishlist offline for a couple of days

Ramon de Wit

Hello,

For what it’s worth :D :

The magic wishlist, http://magic.thewishlist.nl, will be offline for a couple of days, because of migration to the latest Magic version and pervasive -> SQL.

Thanks,

Ramon

Andreas Sedlmeier

I suppose that was a personal wish of yours, Ramon, to migrate to latest Magic version and that becomes true now :)  I really appreciate your efforts and the idea, it just does not work with a "0 communication with the community vendor unless they pay for bugs" ... as it looks I fear ^^.
Can you add a column to the display which tells if a wish became true and when  ? :)

Andreas

Ramon de Wit

Hello Andreas,

While there once was an occasion I was asked if I was okay that the Wishlist was being used for some roadmap meeting, I do agree that the further use is very limited J

However, I’m very close to the situation that the site becomes ‘generic’ and so users would be able to create their own wishlist. There are thousands of forums where people dream about a new iteration of an ‘object’ / device where they are passionate about.

The wishlist could be a fun site for that to let a community vote.

audi.wishlist.nl

raspberry_pi.wishlist.nl

redseamax.wishlist.nl

etc, etc, etc J))))

I’m not sure, as far as I know there is no site which offers it like the wishlist.

Anyway, a fun hobby project. Nothing more, nothing less.

When a Wish became true, it’s being archived and the people who voted for it get a notification of this, saying that they can give this vote to another Wish now. Only thing is, is that the functionality to view the archive is not there yet J))))

Cheers,

Ramon