The New Magic 8.3 Web Programming - Manual #tmwp-sge83

"drahosz" <skromko@...>

Hi people,

does anybody know where can I fing this manual :
The New Magic 8.3 Web Programming - Manual #TMWP-SGE83
in digital form?

thx

Drahomir

Dale Schuppenhauer <dales@...>

Hello Drahomir,

Sorry I have not heard of the manual you mentioned. Where did you see a reference for this?

If possible you should consider upgrading to Magic version 9.4 or even version 10.

Your sources for Magic 8.3 Web Programming training is rather limited as far as I know. Here are the options I am aware of.

1. Learn by yourself. Always popular and easy to schedule.
Supplemented by questions submitted to this group. But certainly take
advantage of one or more of the following.

2. Purchase Magic International Users Group (MIUG) Technical Conference for 2002
which has a one day training class taught on 8.3 Web Programming. Or if
you upgrade to version 9 the MIUG 2003 Set has a Browser Client Class.

MIUG2002: "So you want to create a website?", Includes sources for
Magic Merge Website based in Magic version 8.3.
http://www.cabritasoftware.com/TrainingProducts.htm

3. Review Web Programming material from Craig Martins website.
Magic version 9 based.
Apache installation and configuration included and includes
some Magic source downloads.
http://craigmartin.com/practicalmagic/

4. Hire a local consultant or a remote mentor whom can help you over any rough spots.

5. Upgrade to version 9.4 and sign up for an MSE Class. Not sure if the class you want would actually be scheduled. These are demand based and may be canceled.
http://mui.magicsoftware.com/Magic93Scripts/mgrqispi93.dll?APPNAME=eCamp&PRGNAME=startframe&ARGUMENTS=-N3

6. Consider Trillium Custom Software's "The Sorcerer's Apprentice" for
Magic version 8.3. It does not have a specific Web Programming section,
but it does include Magic Merge used with RTF documents which is the
basis for Web Programming in version 8.3. Also worth considering for
general Magic techniques as well.
http://www.trillium-sw.com/SorcerersApprentice.htm

Best of luck,

Dale

Dale Schuppenhauer
Trillium Custom Software, Inc., and Cabrita Software
Voice: 425-397-8000 FAX: 425-397-8163
Email: dales@...
Web Sites:
http://www.cabritaTREK.com
http://www.cabritasoftware.com
http://www.trillium-sw.com
http://www.magic-iug.com

drahosz wrote:

Hi people,
does anybody know where can I fing this manual :
The New Magic 8.3 Web Programming - Manual #TMWP-SGE83 in digital form?
thx
Drahomir