uniPaaS 1.9d - All Control files suddenly left to 1 KB

Lado Wali

Hi Group,

It very serious, all my uniPaaS 1.9d control files ( edp ) suddenly stop working and when I checked all are showing the size of 1 kb.

Its not one control file but many appx 10. My development environment is setup on the Server 2008 R2 and another on the Server 2008 both pointing to the same control file and all paths are same. It was working from more than 5 years and there was no issues.

I even rebooted my both file server and sql server but no luck.

Can some one help and advise what could be the reason for this? All control files should not be damage at the same time.

Thanks
Lado

Florian Groothuis

Seems that your EDP-files were deleted. Opening an empty project will create an new EDP which will be around 1K.

What’s on your backup?

It very serious, all my uniPaaS 1.9d control files ( edp ) suddenly stop working and when I checked all are showing the size of 1 kb.

Its not one control file but many appx 10. My development environment is setup on the Server 2008 R2 and another on the Server 2008 both pointing to the same control file and all paths are same. It was working from more than 5 years and there was no issues.

I even rebooted my both file server and sql server but no luck.

Can some one help and advise what could be the reason for this? All control files should not be damage at the same time.

Thanks

Lado

Analist/programmeur
+31 (0)6 21927914

meilink.eu

7271 AZ  Borculo • Nederland • +31 (0)545 253525

Andy Jerison

UP 1.9 doesn't have control files. The .edp is a project header file which is normally just 1 KB.

On Thu, Jan 19, 2017 at 8:45 AM, Lado Wali <ladowali@...> wrote:
Hi Group,

It very serious, all my uniPaaS 1.9d control files ( edp ) suddenly stop working and when I checked all are showing the size of 1 kb.

Its not one control file but many appx 10. My development environment is setup on the Server 2008 R2 and another on the Server 2008 both pointing to the same control file and all paths are same. It was working from more than 5 years and there was no issues.

I even rebooted my both file server and sql server but no luck.

Can some one help and advise what could be the reason for this? All control files should not be damage at the same time.

Thanks
Lado

Lado Wali

It looks like there is a virus on our server. Out tech guy is trying to handle the situation.
Hopefully the backups will not affected by virus.
Will see.

Thanks
Lado

On Jan 19, 2017 9:37 AM, "Florian Groothuis" <f.groothuis@...> wrote:

[...]

Andy,
Yes, I mean edp files.

Thx

On Jan 19, 2017 9:41 AM, "Andy Jerison" <droidaj@...> wrote:
[...]

Which are normally around 1Kb as Andy stated...

What is not working? Can you open the project? Do you get an error message?

[...]

Yes, I can open studio but the first program only. Nothing else. The run time is running fine with all data looks ok but the source is gone.
Currently the servers are down. Will hope for good if backups are safe.

Thx

On Jan 19, 2017 9:50 AM, "Florian Groothuis" <f.groothuis@...> wrote:

[...]

So, you’re xml-files that represent your program repository. Backup?

[...]

I forgotten “missing”:

So, you’re MISSING xml-files that represent your program repository. Backup?

[...]

Yes, I have all my xml programs folders on the app server which is mapped to a network drive. And the whole app server is get backed up every night on the external USB drives through the Symantec software.
The sql server database also backed up every night through sql server backup system.

Thx

On Jan 19, 2017 9:58 AM, "Florian Groothuis" <f.groothuis@...> wrote:

[...]

Once I found the edp file is showing 1 kb for all applications, I have handed over the situation to the tech guy.

On Jan 19, 2017 10:01 AM, "Florian Groothuis" <f.groothuis@...> wrote:

[...]

Heidi Schuppenhauer

The edp file is a very simple and short xml file. You can actually use some other edp file in it's place ... it looks for the source in the "source" directory one level down. Now the ecf file is a little more complicated, and you can't really look at that one.

Heidi Schuppenhauer
425.397.8000

On Thu, Jan 19, 2017 at 7:04 AM, Lado Wali <ladowali@...> wrote:
[...]

Thanks Heidi, yes you are right, the edp files are really small 1 kb files always but the source are sitting in the source folder. Our source folder got deleted with the Osiris virus last week. Our tech team had to restore the whole server from the backup.

Regards,
Lado