Topics

Unipaas 1.9H connection to TFS 2015

katreen_naredo@...

Hello,

We are migrating from VSS to TFS but we're having problems in connecting Unipaas Studio to TFS. 

We are successful in connecting our server to TFS Project collection on our TFS server (project files could be opened using Visual Studio 2008).

However, when we tried opening the edp on the Unipaas Studio, errors are showing up and we cannot connect to the TFS server.

2 errors:

1. TF30076: The server name D:\Program Files (x86)\VSS Database\Unipaas_Test does not correspond to a server URI that can be found.

2. The selected object is not under source code control

Attached are the screenshots of 2 scenarios.

Hoping someone could help.

Thanks!

Regards,

Kat

Rob Schapendonk

Hi Kat,

I think you should edit your edp file.

Check the settings behind:

<VCProjectName

<VCProjPath

Best regards,

Rob

Van: main@magicu-l.groups.io [mailto:main@magicu-l.groups.io] Namens katreen_naredo via Groups.Io
Verzonden: Tuesday, March 21, 2017 09:56
Aan: main@magicu-l.groups.io
Onderwerp: [magicu-l] Unipaas 1.9H connection to TFS 2015

Hello,

We are migrating from VSS to TFS but we're having problems in connecting Unipaas Studio to TFS. 

We are successful in connecting our server to TFS Project collection on our TFS server (project files could be opened using Visual Studio 2008).

However, when we tried opening the edp on the Unipaas Studio, errors are showing up and we cannot connect to the TFS server.

2 errors:

1. TF30076: The server name D:\Program Files (x86)\VSS Database\Unipaas_Test does not correspond to a server URI that can be found.

Thanks!

Regards,

Kat

Keith Canniff

Kat,

Did you check in all your objects from VSS and then disconnect the project from VSS?

It can’t connect to VSS and TFS at the same time.

What we did was check in all the objects, export the application and import it into a separate folder to start clean in TFS. Then we connected the new copy to TFS leaving the old copy/folder as an archive in VSS in case we needed to go back and look up any changes.

Keith

From: main@magicu-l.groups.io [mailto:main@magicu-l.groups.io] On Behalf Of katreen_naredo via Groups.Io
Sent: Tuesday, March 21, 2017 1:56 AM
To: main@magicu-l.groups.io
Subject: [magicu-l] Unipaas 1.9H connection to TFS 2015

Hello,

2 errors:

Thanks!

Regards,

Kat

Virus-free. www.avast.com

katreen_naredo@...

Hi Rob,

I tried changing it to <VCProjPath val="http://wsmv226:8080/tfs/SalesPortal"/> but a new error appeared stating that there are illegal characters in path.

Do you have any idea?

Thanks.

P.S. wsmv226 is our tfs server and wsmv38 is where we have our Unipaas Studio.

Regards,

Kat

Rob Schapendonk

Hi Kat,

I can’t help you much because we are not using TFS,

but you I think you should use only <servername>:<port><location>, so remove the http://.

Our versioning software is listening to port 7772:

<VCProjPath val="rh-mh-fs001:7772:Promis"/>

Where Promis is one of the “Team projects” under which we store our Magic projects.

The Magic project itself is defined in the line:

<VCProjectName val="$/PromisV3_25"/>

Best regards,

Rob

Van: main@magicu-l.groups.io [mailto:main@magicu-l.groups.io] Namens katreen_naredo via Groups.Io
Verzonden: Wednesday, March 22, 2017 06:20
Onderwerp: Re: [magicu-l] Unipaas 1.9H connection to TFS 2015

Hi Rob,

I tried changing it to <VCProjPath val="http://wsmv226:8080/tfs/SalesPortal"/> but a new error appeared stating that there are illegal characters in path.

Do you have any idea?

Thanks.

Regards,

Kat

Jakes du Preez

I would suggest the following, seeing that you anyway cannot access the source in the TFS server:
1. Rename the folder containing the local copy of your project
2. Remove the project from the TFS repository
3. Create a new offline project in uniPaaS, using your required project name.
4. Copy the Source folder from the "old" renamed copy to the new project
5. Use the File/Version Control/Add To VC Server menu option to add the project to the TFS server. 

This will ensure that the values in <VCProjectName> and <VCProjPath> has the correct format.

On Wed, Mar 22, 2017 at 9:44 AM, Rob Schapendonk <R.Schapendonk@...> wrote:

Hi Kat,

I can’t help you much because we are not using TFS,

but you I think you should use only <servername>:<port><location>, so remove the http://.

Our versioning software is listening to port 7772:

<VCProjPath val="rh-mh-fs001:7772:Promis"/>

Where Promis is one of the “Team projects” under which we store our Magic projects.

The Magic project itself is defined in the line:

<VCProjectName val="$/PromisV3_25"/>

Best regards,

Rob

Van: main@magicu-l.groups.io [mailto:main@....io] Namens katreen_naredo via Groups.Io
Verzonden: Wednesday, March 22, 2017 06:20
Onderwerp: Re: [magicu-l] Unipaas 1.9H connection to TFS 2015

Hi Rob,

Do you have any idea?

Thanks.

Regards,

Kat

katreen_naredo@...

Hi Jakes,

We tried this option and it worked. However, if we pushed through with this, we will not be able to import the other versions stored in the VSS (for the project) to TFS, right?

Jakes du Preez

If you mean the version history... it will belost, yes. I came across these migration walk-through documents that might help if you wish to accomplish that.

On Wed, Mar 29, 2017 at 3:50 AM, katreen_naredo via Groups.Io <katreen_naredo@...> wrote:

Hi Jakes,

We tried this option and it worked. However, if we pushed through with this, we will not be able to import the other versions stored in the VSS (for the project) to TFS, right?