4.x Web Client - Is anyone actually using it?

George Stewart

Hi there,

We are starting to look at the Web Client in efforts to modernise the front end of parts of our existing software (which is all standard desktop magic). And we are wondering if anyone is actually using it, and if anyone has "converted" a project (or parts of) from standard magic to web client?

Regards,

George

yuvala@...

Hi George ,

Good to hear you are evaluating the Web Client technology. We have quite a few customers using it.
We would also be glad to meet and discuss this direction.
Julie would be able to coordinate such a meeting.

Yuval

Tim Downie

We have done a POC and enough to understand what is going on here. Really need as well as a magic skills someone knowing / angular html. Once you had 5 or 6 different types of forms in html though - you wont need a lot of time from angular person.

In my opinion it works and compared to developing angular/c# apps far quicker to develop with.

Converting a large magic app though would be no small undertaking.

We are starting to look at the Web Client in efforts to modernise the front end of parts of our existing software (which is all standard desktop magic). And we are wondering if anyone is actually using it, and if anyone has "converted" a project (or parts of) from standard magic to web client?

Regards,

George

Keith Canniff

Tim,

By any chance can your POC with the group so everyone can understand these 5 to 6 different form types and how they can be reused to get a lot of the work done for you where you don’t need an Angular developer on staff?