Topics

Rich Client and Print on his own printer #local #ria #print

Wolfgang Mayer

Hello everybody

I have a ria application that runs on a server. Different users work with this program. everything works.

Now to my problem:
Each user has its own printer.
How can everyone print on his printer?
Currently, the program always wants to use the printer on the server

greetings from Austria

eliasbruegel@...

Hello Austria!
On RIA you have always to create a report as pdf-File. Transmit this file with ServerFileToClient() and open this pdf directly on the client with the pdf-reader - so the user can print the document and it will use his own default printer

Best regards
Elias

Wolfgang Mayer

Hi Elias!

Thank you for your answer. Ok, then I'll make it so.

best regards
wolfgang

Tim Downie

once the file downloads (the pdf etc) you can make a invoke.net snippet to open the file with the associated program for the file type..

let me know if you want the c# to do this

Thank you for your answer. Ok, then I'll make it so.

best regards
wolfgang

Wolfgang Mayer

Hi tim
Yes, I would like to test.

donald dods

Hi Tim,

I know this treat is very old, but if you still have that snippet i would really appreciate it

regards

Govert Schipper

Hi Donald,

You can probably do exactly the same by just calling Invoke OS with the following expression:

'"' & Trim(v_FileName) & '"'

(The double quotes are important if the filepath contains spaces)
Windows will then decide what program to call for opening the specified file.

Govert

Virusvrij. www.avast.com