Magic XPA 3.3 RIA MAGIC LICENSE PROBLEM #ria #xpa

lehoczki@...

Dear Members,

There's a strange behaviour of the magic broker.

mgrb.ini:
[APPLICATIONS_LIST]
Teszt_PDA = MgxpaRuntime.exe /ApplicationPublicName = Teszt_PDA /[MAGIC_LOGICAL_NAMES]Dir = c:\SVN\MN_Ugyvitel\Teszt_Database\,c:\SVNXPA\XPA_PDA\,,,1,1
PDA = MgxpaRuntime.exe /ApplicationPublicName = PDA,c:\SVNXPA\XPA_PDA\,,,1,1

The difference between the 2 applications is the Dir directory.
These 2 are the same. PDA uses the production the Teszt_PDA uses the test environment data.
There's a 2 user RIA license.

1 application is running for both environment so currently there're 2 lines in broker monitor at the startup.
In some seconds the PDA line disappears and in the broker_activity.log license exceeded.row appears.
When I run mgstations.exe it says 2 application uses twice 2 license. So 4 users consumed.
Is anyone has experience with MGRIA license?
2 applications (MgxpaRuntime.exe) running with 2 license.not 4. Why there's license exceeded?
How to use the licenses not to have license exceeded error?

When I have only 1 line in mgrb.ini under [APPLICATIONS_LIST] it says 2 users consumed but only 1 MgxpaRuntime.exe is running.

Do we need 2 times 1 user intead of 1 time 2 user license?

Best regards,

Viktor

Tom Worthen

Viktor,

I suspect your magic.ini’s you are using to run both applications has the line “MaxConcurrentUsers = 2”. Since you indicate you have a 2 user license when you start both applications you are telling the system you want 4 users. That is what mgstations is showing you. When you get into RIA it is not the number of engines you have running but the number of users you have set in the ini that is counted. That same thing is true for an html merge application. If you want both of them to run at the same time you will have to change that line to 1 instead of 2.

Hope that helps,

Tom

[...]

On Tue, Nov 19, 2019 at 03:25 PM, Tom Worthen wrote:
MaxConcurrentUsers
Dear Tom,

Thank you for your info!
That's exactly what I need.
It was 0 in the ini.
I changed it to 1 and now mgstations shows 1 user per application.
The only problem is that there's now possibility to use 2 production and 0 testing or 2 testing and 0 production at the same time. So I have to make the balance after shutting down both application server and altering the settings.

Best regards,

Viktor