From: main@magicu-l.groups.io <main@magicu-l.groups.io> on behalf of ryanguedes2010@... <ryanguedes2010@...>
Sent: Sunday, 16 February 2020 9:41 PM
To: main@magicu-l.groups.io <main@magicu-l.groups.io>
Subject: [magicu-l] Incremental locate (RIA X ONLINE) #ria

Hi guys all right? I'm starting to work with RIA and I'm having a problem with Incremental locate, it is much slower in RIA than in Online, do you have any suggestions to solve this problem?

ryanguedes2010@...

Hi Tim, thanks for the answer, let me give you some more details, I'm using a view and all indexes are virtual, I did some tests enabling / disabling index optimization and they make a difference but not enough, I know that locate incremental mechanism is different for RIA and that it expects a string instead of searching for letter by letter, I even hypothesize that the problem is in the time it takes to identify that the user has finished typing and if it were possible to reduce this time would be the end of my problems, do you think it is possible?

Tim Downie

RIA incremental locate works for us character by character - you just have to keep in mind that now its going over the interent.
What magic version are using using until maybe 3.2 it didnt work very well.

Hi Tim, thanks for the answer, let me give you some more details, I'm using a view and all indexes are virtual, I did some tests enabling / disabling index optimization and they make a difference but not enough, I know that locate incremental mechanism is different for RIA and that it expects a string instead of searching for letter by letter, I even hypothesize that the problem is in the time it takes to identify that the user has finished typing and if it were possible to reduce this time would be the end of my problems, do you think it is possible?

ryanguedes2010@...

Good morning Tim, I'm using the xpa 3.3c.