HTTPCALL /GET stopped working in XPA versions above 3.2

Avgerinos

Hi magicians

This is to report one more case related the the HTTPcall issue already reported to the group for XPA versions.
In our case all HTTPcalls (/GET to Coinbase API) that used to work fine in version 3.2, are failing in all versions above (3.3. and 4.x)
After failing to find the cause, we ended up using a non-Magic solution.

Anyone knows if there is a ticket for this issue or a bug-fix version expected?

Regards
Avgerinos

magic9@aquari.com

A quick alternative solution for httpget is to use wget (which is free).
http://gnuwin32.sourceforge.net/packages/wget.htm

At 10:55 AM 5/18/2020, you wrote:
Hi magicians

This is to report one more case related the the HTTPcall issue already reported to the group for XPA versions.
In our case all HTTPcalls (/GET to Coinbase API) that used to work fine in version 3.2, are failing in all versions above (3.3. and 4.x)
After failing to find the cause, we ended up using a non-Magic solution.

Anyone knows if there is a ticket for this issue or a bug-fix version expected?

Regards
Avgerinos

Todd Baremore

Averinos,

In January I sent a sample program to MSE to demonstrate the problem:

This is an example of a message I am sending
message=<message>testing</message>

This is what HTTPCall() is sending
XPA 3.2e    "message":"<message>testing</message>"       correct
XPA 3.3g    "message=<message>testing</message>":""     causing me a great deal of heartache

I'm stuck in 3.2e for now.

Please open a ticket.
Todd
On 5/18/2020 10:55 AM, Avgerinos wrote:

Hi magicians

This is to report one more case related the the HTTPcall issue already reported to the group for XPA versions.
In our case all HTTPcalls (/GET to Coinbase API) that used to work fine in version 3.2, are failing in all versions above (3.3. and 4.x)
After failing to find the cause, we ended up using a non-Magic solution.

Anyone knows if there is a ticket for this issue or a bug-fix version expected?

Regards
Avgerinos

Avgerinos

Hi Todd and thanks for your answer

I have all the Magic licenses under maintenance, but I'm afraid that for opening a ticket I need a support contract with MSE

Regards
Avgerinos

On 19/5/2020 4:29 π.μ., Todd Baremore wrote:

[...]

Averginos,

3.3h was released today.

From the Release Notes Fixed Issues:

"While  executing  HTTPCall('GET')/HTTPGet()  functions  with  the setting
HTTPFramework=D, Magic xpa returned an error, 'HTTP/1.1 400 Bad Request'
for a particular customer URL. "

I'll test it this weekend.

Todd

On 5/18/2020 10:55 AM, Avgerinos wrote:
Hi magicians

This is to report one more case related the the HTTPcall issue already reported to the group for XPA versions.
In our case all HTTPcalls (/GET to Coinbase API) that used to work fine in version 3.2, are failing in all versions above (3.3. and 4.x)
After failing to find the cause, we ended up using a non-Magic solution.

Anyone knows if there is a ticket for this issue or a bug-fix version expected?

Regards
Avgerinos

Avgerinos

Thanks Todd!
I 'm downloading now.
I will test during asap, even if I already replaced with some external tool.

BTW, I was not getting any "400-BadRequest" error.  As far as i can remember, it was failing  "silently"

Best regards
Avgerinos

On 19/6/2020 6:45 μ.μ., Todd Baremore wrote:
Averginos,

3.3h was released today.

From the Release Notes Fixed Issues:

[...]

I tested with version 3.3.h, and the problem is still there.
Retested with version 3.2.c (last version that was behaving correctly), and it works fine.

Best Regards
Avgerinos

On 22/6/2020 7:41 μ.μ., Avgerinos wrote:
Thanks Todd!
I 'm downloading now.
I will test during asap, even if I already replaced with some external tool.

BTW, I was not getting any "400-BadRequest" error.  As far as i can remember, it was failing  "silently"

Best regards
Avgerinos

On 19/6/2020 6:45 μ.μ., Todd Baremore wrote:
Averginos,

3.3h was released today.

From the Release Notes Fixed Issues:

"While  executing  HTTPCall('GET')/HTTPGet()  functions  with the setting
HTTPFramework=D, Magic xpa returned an error, 'HTTP/1.1 400 Bad Request'
for a particular customer URL. "

I'll test it this weekend.

Todd

On 5/18/2020 10:55 AM, Avgerinos wrote:
Hi magicians

This is to report one more case related the the HTTPcall issue already reported to the group for XPA versions.
In our case all HTTPcalls (/GET to Coinbase API) that used to work fine in version 3.2, are failing in all versions above (3.3. and 4.x)
After failing to find the cause, we ended up using a non-Magic solution.

Anyone knows if there is a ticket for this issue or a bug-fix version expected?

Regards
Avgerinos

Todd Baremore

Avgerinos,

3.3h is not working for me either.  I have to trap what is being sent to see if there is any difference from 3.3g.  Hope fully this weekend.....

Todd

On 6/25/2020 1:06 PM, Avgerinos wrote:
Hi Todd

I tested with version 3.3.h, and the problem is still there.
Retested with version 3.2.c (last version that was behaving correctly), and it works fine.

Best Regards
Avgerinos

On 22/6/2020 7:41 μ.μ., Avgerinos wrote:
Thanks Todd!
I 'm downloading now.
I will test during asap, even if I already replaced with some external tool.

BTW, I was not getting any "400-BadRequest" error.  As far as i can remember, it was failing  "silently"

Best regards
Avgerinos

On 19/6/2020 6:45 μ.μ., Todd Baremore wrote:
Averginos,

3.3h was released today.

From the Release Notes Fixed Issues:

[...]

Finally got around to capturing the HTTPCall Post and found no change from 3.3g to 3.3h

I'm sending this:  message=<message>testing</message>
XPA3.2e sends this: "message":"<message>testing</message>"      Good
XPA3.3h sends this: "message=<message>testing</message>":""    Bad

I advised MSE there is no change in behavior.  If they could just get rid of the ":" at the end of the string I can make my call work. I'm hoping they can just post an updated dll to fix the problem.

I'll let you know if anything changes.

Todd

On 6/25/2020 1:06 PM, Avgerinos wrote:
Hi Todd

I tested with version 3.3.h, and the problem is still there.
Retested with version 3.2.c (last version that was behaving correctly), and it works fine.

Best Regards
Avgerinos

On 22/6/2020 7:41 μ.μ., Avgerinos wrote:
Thanks Todd!
I 'm downloading now.
I will test during asap, even if I already replaced with some external tool.

BTW, I was not getting any "400-BadRequest" error.  As far as i can remember, it was failing  "silently"

Best regards
Avgerinos

On 19/6/2020 6:45 μ.μ., Todd Baremore wrote:
Averginos,

3.3h was released today.

From the Release Notes Fixed Issues:

"While  executing  HTTPCall('GET')/HTTPGet()  functions  with the setting
HTTPFramework=D, Magic xpa returned an error, 'HTTP/1.1 400 Bad Request'
for a particular customer URL. "

I'll test it this weekend.

Todd

On 5/18/2020 10:55 AM, Avgerinos wrote:
Hi magicians

This is to report one more case related the the HTTPcall issue already reported to the group for XPA versions.
In our case all HTTPcalls (/GET to Coinbase API) that used to work fine in version 3.2, are failing in all versions above (3.3. and 4.x)
After failing to find the cause, we ended up using a non-Magic solution.

Anyone knows if there is a ticket for this issue or a bug-fix version expected?

Regards
Avgerinos

Andreas Sedlmeier

On Tue, Jun 30, 2020 at 12:35 AM, Todd Baremore wrote:
I'm sending this:  message=<message>testing</message>
XPA3.2e sends this: "message":"<message>testing</message>"      Good
XPA3.3h sends this: "message=<message>testing</message>":""    Bad
I suppose this happens because Magic defaults to multipart/formdata, if you do not specify a content-type.
Try to set following header, then Magic should leave your message body alone and no longer try to interpret it:

Andreas,

Thanks for the idea. I tried using
in both 3.2e and 3.3h. In both cases the message was not sent

If I use

Any other tricks up your sleeve?
Todd
On 6/29/2020 8:25 PM, Andreas Sedlmeier wrote:

On Tue, Jun 30, 2020 at 12:35 AM, Todd Baremore wrote:
I'm sending this:  message=<message>testing</message>
XPA3.2e sends this: "message":"<message>testing</message>"      Good
XPA3.3h sends this: "message=<message>testing</message>":""    Bad
I suppose this happens because Magic defaults to multipart/formdata, if you do not specify a content-type.
Try to set following header, then Magic should leave your message body alone and no longer try to interpret it:

The best thing you can do when it comes to Magic & HTTP: Just don't use it.
You can try with a binary content type to dig deeper in undocumented bug territory:

Avgerinos,

It looks like MSE reposted 3.3h on their downloads site.  Give it a try.

Todd

On 6/25/2020 1:06 PM, Avgerinos wrote:
Hi Todd

I tested with version 3.3.h, and the problem is still there.
Retested with version 3.2.c (last version that was behaving correctly), and it works fine.

Best Regards
Avgerinos

On 22/6/2020 7:41 μ.μ., Avgerinos wrote:
Thanks Todd!
I 'm downloading now.
I will test during asap, even if I already replaced with some external tool.

BTW, I was not getting any "400-BadRequest" error.  As far as i can remember, it was failing  "silently"

Best regards
Avgerinos

On 19/6/2020 6:45 μ.μ., Todd Baremore wrote:
Averginos,

3.3h was released today.

From the Release Notes Fixed Issues:

"While  executing  HTTPCall('GET')/HTTPGet()  functions  with the setting
HTTPFramework=D, Magic xpa returned an error, 'HTTP/1.1 400 Bad Request'
for a particular customer URL. "

I'll test it this weekend.

Todd

On 5/18/2020 10:55 AM, Avgerinos wrote:
Hi magicians

This is to report one more case related the the HTTPcall issue already reported to the group for XPA versions.
In our case all HTTPcalls (/GET to Coinbase API) that used to work fine in version 3.2, are failing in all versions above (3.3. and 4.x)
After failing to find the cause, we ended up using a non-Magic solution.

Anyone knows if there is a ticket for this issue or a bug-fix version expected?

Regards
Avgerinos

Steven Blank

Todd,

I downloaded v3.3h back in June.

Surely MSE would not have updated this release changing the version/filename, do you think?

Steve Blank

On 9/17/2020 11:45 AM, Todd Baremore wrote:
[...]

From the Release Notes Fixed Issues:

"While  executing  HTTPCall('GET')/HTTPGet()  functions with the setting
HTTPFramework=D, Magic xpa returned an error, 'HTTP/1.1 400 Bad Request'
for a particular customer URL. "

I'll test it this weekend.

Todd

On 5/18/2020 10:55 AM, Avgerinos wrote:
Hi magicians

This is to report one more case related the the HTTPcall issue already reported to the group for XPA versions.
In our case all HTTPcalls (/GET to Coinbase API) that used to work fine in version 3.2, are failing in all versions above (3.3. and 4.x)
After failing to find the cause, we ended up using a non-Magic solution.

Anyone knows if there is a ticket for this issue or a bug-fix version expected?

Regards
Avgerinos

Todd Baremore

Steve,

I'm hoping they fixed the HTTPCall problem with the repost.  At first I thought it it should have been 3.3i, but the June 3.3h post was removed.

Todd

On 9/17/2020 3:09 PM, Steven Blank wrote:
[...]

From the Release Notes Fixed Issues:

"While  executing  HTTPCall('GET')/HTTPGet()  functions with the setting
HTTPFramework=D, Magic xpa returned an error, 'HTTP/1.1 400 Bad Request'
for a particular customer URL. "

I'll test it this weekend.

Todd

On 5/18/2020 10:55 AM, Avgerinos wrote:
Hi magicians

This is to report one more case related the the HTTPcall issue already reported to the group for XPA versions.
In our case all HTTPcalls (/GET to Coinbase API) that used to work fine in version 3.2, are failing in all versions above (3.3. and 4.x)
After failing to find the cause, we ended up using a non-Magic solution.

Anyone knows if there is a ticket for this issue or a bug-fix version expected?

Regards
Avgerinos

Steven Blank

I'd better re-download it then.

Thanks!

On 9/17/2020 12:22 PM, Todd Baremore wrote:
[...]

From the Release Notes Fixed Issues:

"While  executing  HTTPCall('GET')/HTTPGet()  functions with the setting
HTTPFramework=D, Magic xpa returned an error, 'HTTP/1.1 400 Bad Request'
for a particular customer URL. "

I'll test it this weekend.

Todd

On 5/18/2020 10:55 AM, Avgerinos wrote:
Hi magicians

This is to report one more case related the the HTTPcall issue already reported to the group for XPA versions.
In our case all HTTPcalls (/GET to Coinbase API) that used to work fine in version 3.2, are failing in all versions above (3.3. and 4.x)
After failing to find the cause, we ended up using a non-Magic solution.

Anyone knows if there is a ticket for this issue or a bug-fix version expected?

Regards
Avgerinos

sherman levine

...We have always been at war with Eastasia

On 9/17/2020 3:30 PM, Steven Blank wrote:
[...]

From the Release Notes Fixed Issues:

"While  executing  HTTPCall('GET')/HTTPGet() functions with the setting
HTTPFramework=D, Magic xpa returned an error, 'HTTP/1.1 400 Bad Request'
for a particular customer URL. "

I'll test it this weekend.

Todd

On 5/18/2020 10:55 AM, Avgerinos wrote:
Hi magicians

This is to report one more case related the the HTTPcall issue already reported to the group for XPA versions.
In our case all HTTPcalls (/GET to Coinbase API) that used to work fine in version 3.2, are failing in all versions above (3.3. and 4.x)
After failing to find the cause, we ended up using a non-Magic solution.

Anyone knows if there is a ticket for this issue or a bug-fix version expected?

Regards
Avgerinos

Craig Martin

Queue 100 posts quoting The Princess Bride.

One of my favorite movies. This is the first of several clips from the movie. See also: \"The Wedding\
www.youtube.com

...We have always been at war with Eastasia

On 9/17/2020 3:30 PM, Steven Blank wrote:
> I'd better re-download it then.
>
> Thanks!
>

> On 9/17/2020 12:22 PM, Todd Baremore wrote:
>> Steve,
>>
>> I'm hoping they fixed the HTTPCall problem with the repost.  At first
>> I thought it it should have been 3.3i, but the June 3.3h post was
>> removed.
>>
>> Todd
>>
>> On 9/17/2020 3:09 PM, Steven Blank wrote:
>>> Todd,
>>>
>>> I downloaded v3.3h back in June.
>>>
>>> Surely MSE would not have updated this release changing the
>>> version/filename, do you think?
>>>
>>> Steve Blank

Steven Blank

Truly, you have a dizzying intellect.

On 9/17/2020 12:50 PM, Craig Martin wrote:

Queue 100 posts quoting The Princess Bride.

One of my favorite movies. This is the first of several clips from the movie. See also: \"The Wedding\

...We have always been at war with Eastasia

On 9/17/2020 3:30 PM, Steven Blank wrote:
> I'd better re-download it then.
>
> Thanks!
>

> On 9/17/2020 12:22 PM, Todd Baremore wrote:
>> Steve,
>>
>> I'm hoping they fixed the HTTPCall problem with the repost.  At first
>> I thought it it should have been 3.3i, but the June 3.3h post was
>> removed.
>>
>> Todd
>>
>> On 9/17/2020 3:09 PM, Steven Blank wrote:
>>> Todd,
>>>
>>> I downloaded v3.3h back in June.
>>>
>>> Surely MSE would not have updated this release changing the
>>> version/filename, do you think?
>>>
>>> Steve Blank

Todd Baremore

I screwed up yesterday.  3.3h has not been reposted. The last upload date on the downloads site confused me.  Doesn't take much lately.

Todd

[...]

From the Release Notes Fixed Issues: