Set Where Interface Builder Creates Files #xpa

Mike Moore

When I try to create an ECI using XPA (3.3D), the process tries to create file:
C:\Program Files (x86)\MSE\Magicxpa33\Add_On\Magic xpa Interface Builder.sln

I prefer for this to be created on a shared network drive where we keep our projects.

Does anyone know if we can set where the Magic Interface Builder creates these working files?

Thanks!

On Sat, May 30, 2020 at 12:37 AM, Mike Moore wrote:
C:\Program Files (x86)\MSE\Magicxpa33
C:\Program Files (x86)\MSE\Magicxpa33\Builders\ECI\....

I do not know if the location of these file can be changed ( in the interface builder)

Rob Westland

You can change it in magic.ini in the section: [MAGIC_BUILDERS]

Rob

Op 30-5-2020 om 00:37 schreef Mike Moore:

When I try to create an ECI using XPA (3.3D), the process tries to create file:
C:\Program Files (x86)\MSE\Magicxpa33\Add_On\Magic xpa Interface Builder.sln

I prefer for this to be created on a shared network drive where we keep our projects.

Does anyone know if we can set where the Magic Interface Builder creates these working files?

Thanks!

Mike Moore

Rob, thanks for your reply.

I *believe* that the [MAGIC_BUILDERS] section controls the location to which the Interface Builders create files for projects being exposed.

But, it seems - regardless for the project being exposed - the builder creates and deletes files in the Engine Directory:

Magic xpa Interface Builder.suo
Magic xpa Interface Builder.sln
Magic xpa Interface Builder.xpaproj

Since users don't have authority to create and delete files in the C:\Program Files (x86)\ of our servers, I would like the Builders to use another directory to manipulate those files.

From:        "Rob Westland" <magicrob@...>
To:        main@magicu-l.groups.io
Date:        05/29/2020 09:58 PM
Subject:        Re: [magicu-l] Set Where Interface Builder Creates Files #xpa