Open XPA from link within an Email

Graham White

Hi,

We want to be able to open XPA and pass a parameter from a link within an email and I notice this was posted back in 2015 with no resolution.  I am wondering if anyone has had any success with it and if so could pass the “how to” on to me.

Regards

Graham White
Software Developer
Graham.White@...
EC Credit Control |  eccreditcontrol.com

IMPORTANT NOTICE: This e-mail message and any attachments are confidential to EC Credit Control and subject to legal privilege (which is not waived or

lost by mistaken delivery). If you have received this e-mail in error, please advise the sender immediately and destroy the message and any attachments.

If you are not the intended recipient you are notified that any use, distribution, amendment, copying or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance of

this message or attachments is prohibited. EC Credit Control collects personal information to provide and market our services (see our privacy policy at:

www.eccreditcontrol.co.nz – www.eccreditcontrol.com - www.eccreditcontrol.com.au for more information about use, disclosure and access).

EC Credit Control’s liability in connection with transmitting, unauthorised access to, or viruses in this message and its attachments is limited to resupply of

any affected message or attachments.

Andreas Sedlmeier

On Tue, Jun 2, 2020 at 06:01 AM, Graham White wrote:

I am wondering if anyone has had any success with it and if so could pass the “how to” on to me.

You can utilize Windows protocol hanlers / handling for this. Basically you just have to add some stuff to the registry for the protocol you invent and then use that protocol as part of the URL in your email - like magic://print-invoice?invno=4711 or so. I did this long time ago with Magic 8 even I think. Worked fine - basically. Its a bit of a security issue of course.