End user report designer #tools #xpa #suggestion #askmembers

me.sabalburo@...

Hi Magicians!

Anyone tried creating an End user report designer with magic xpa?
I am currently researching on it, hoping for your suggestions.

Thank you in advance!
Elaine

Wes Hein

Let Excel to the work!  Come up with a csv (or true excel) export that has all the columns the users heart desires (A), every time they want an updated report, overwrite it.  Then create an excel workbook (B) that uses (A) as the datasource, they don't lose their report AND they get to use a tool they are familiar with and have endless resources to learn how if they want.

On Wed, Jun 17, 2020 at 05:41 PM, <me.sabalburo@...> wrote:
Anyone tried creating an End user report designer with magic xpa?
Why would you create such a thing with Magic ? Personally I always have been a big fan of Combit List & Label. I used it with many programming languages, including Magic. There's no runtime fees and it has a free report designer which you could even pass along with your application: https://www.combit.com/